Sponsored

SAS ride quality on interstate highways?

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
SAS on the highway is fine, the wind noise coming from the hardtop gaps tho...
Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I assume because you get better gas mileage, so it makes it look a little better for them.
I haven't noticed an mpg difference. I'm getting 19 mpg which isn't bad for a brick.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does the SAS package make interstate driving a issue? Im between a Lux outerbanks without OR without SAS.

It will be a mall crawler so i figure the stock outerbanks wheels would be better but the wife and i both really like
the look of the SAS package and id like to have the 4A for her convenience.
I recently drove 10 hours round trip mostly on expressways to view the eclipse totality. In a non-Sas Bronco but with 35" tires. Depends what you are use to, but a brick shaped high clearance vehicle with big tires is not exactly the ticket for lots of high speed expressway usage. Those are actually some of the last qualities you'd design into a vehicle for high speed pavement usage.

I found the Bronco does handle larger potholes better than cars though, due to the tire not falling as far into the hole, and the extra cushion of the impact. For example my Bronco kills it flying over messed up train track crossings compared to my other vehicles. But it's sometimes like steering a boat compared to the handling of my sports car.

Overall on the eclipse trip my Bronco performed well for what it is, we were plenty comfortable. I spent many years daily driving CJs, so the Bronco is fine in comparison for road use. Just realize it's a hopped up brick with removable top and all that entails in terms of comfort, quietness, efficiency and handling. I think the Bronco is fantastic for what it is, still amazed Ford delivered on a rugged open top 4x4.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is my biggest complaint. Anything over 75 or 80 miles and it starts to get uncomfortable. I need to tilt the seat back a little to get more support under my knees. This is where a six way seat is so much better for me. I hate to put a cushion in my seat, so I will see if I can raise the front about 1/4in or so and see if that helps. A few washers should do the trick.
same here. They look great and seem comfortable at first but arrived after first multi-hour drive and couldnā€™t straighten up. No issues with any other vehicles we have owned (except an ā€˜88 5-series bmw) hurting my back. Yes I know this is subjective, but there are threads about it. I can do 12+ hour drives in either my Excursion or Explorer, no prob.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DemonGT

DemonGT

Heritage
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Off subject alittle but i keep seeing pics of the inside of outerbanks and they have power seats but on the Ford build site it says manual seats? Some have said its with you get leather its got power seats but there is no option for cloth or leather on Fords build site?

ssmegapunish

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2022 Lightning, 2021 F350DRW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I daily about 150 miles a day in a SAS Wildtrack hard top on the interstate between Colorado Springs and Denver. It's definitely a bounce house on wheels but laughs at pot holes and no trouble navigating traffic at 80mph - RPMS aren't much above 2k which is normal for a tiny turbo V6. Plush compared to my other option which is a dually diesel. Wifey gets the F-150.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
same here. They look great and seem comfortable at first but arrived after first multi-hour drive and couldnā€™t straighten up. No issues with any other vehicles we have owned (except an ā€˜88 5-series bmw) hurting my back. Yes I know this is subjective, but there are threads about it. I can do 12+ hour drives in either my Excursion or Explorer, no prob.
I did 15 hours straight in a Lincoln (hearse). Most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven. My Eagle Talon was the next best. It was like someone measured me and designed both of those vehicle seats based on that.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sas drives nice on highway. It gets noisy but I think itā€™s more wind noise than road noise. My driving style has changed moving from sports sedans to the bronco. Not sure if itā€™s noise, the heft, cost to fill a tank, some combination, but you can now find me in the right hand lane cruising with a low stress Iā€™ll get there when I get there mindset

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rides great, I find the seats comfortable, bur that is subjective. Have you done a test drive?

Sponsored

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Gas mileage isn't so much a concern, our Sport has never impressed me with its MPG.

One of my concerns is the gearing, the SAS says it has 4.7 gears? Being involved with Mustangs 3.73 was pretty standard so wouldn't a 4.7 make your RPM's crazy high on the interstate? Maybe im not understanding it correctly?
2300rpm at 80 with the 2.7. Very comfortable on the highway. Only drawback is the gas mileage. I'm getting about 17.5 at 80.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2300rpm at 80 with the 2.7. Very comfortable on the highway. Only drawback is the gas mileage. I'm getting about 17.5 at 80.
Yep! I drive 65 in a 70 zone now šŸ¤£ thereā€™s a noticeable difference in mpg and wind noise beyond 65-70 mph

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I can do 80 just fine, but I chose not to. You will find me in the right hand lane as well... Just so I can prolong the ride.... Seriously.

OP
OP
DemonGT

DemonGT

Heritage
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Rides great, I find the seats comfortable, bur that is subjective. Have you done a test drive?
Test driving this weekend. Not sure what they will have on the lot to test.

I believe the '24 order bank are closed so would have to wait for '25 order banks to open if we decide on something.
Sponsored