Sponsored

Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agree. There has been enough response/reaction from the buyers on all of the websites by now. They should have made a statement - even if they plan to leave B&P unchanged. Very disappointed in how they are responding (aka not responding) to the consumers. No change probably means a lost order from me.
I think if you're really into the Bronco (the car, not the ordering process), you should just wait it out

If we are coming up on deadline late December and no response,, then perhaps you have a legitimate reason to back out
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agree. There has been enough response/reaction from the buyers on all of the websites by now. They should have made a statement - even if they plan to leave B&P unchanged. Very disappointed in how they are responding (aka not responding) to the consumers. No change probably means a lost order from me.
I think if you're really into the Bronco (the car, not the ordering process), you should just wait it out

If we are coming up on deadline late December and no response,, then perhaps you have a legitimate reason to back put
Given that B&P lets you add roof rails and the sound deadening headliner to a WT, which has Sasquatch and the 2.7L but disallows adding them to a Badlands with either the 2.7L OR Sasquatch, I do not think your guess is correct.
If we are talking 4 door, we can only add roof racks to wildtrak with the bimini addition. Which means it's a bug

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand this in relation to the roof rack, but the sound deadening unavailability is just bush league and an easy fix.

sigh...
It's Busch League, like Anheuser Busch which was the name of the old NASCAR second tier.

Saying means second class or second rate. Sataddy racing.

TMI, but fun worthless facts! :)

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's Busch League, like Anheuser Busch which was the name of the old NASCAR second tier.

Since you corrected him wrongly...that’s not where it came from...it’s a baseball term, been around way longer than NASCAR:

Bush League
Definition
"Bush league" describes something that is below professional standards.
Origin
With "bush" being a synonym for a rural area, non-Major League clubs in small towns were referred to as bush league teams in the early days of baseball. The term has come to be used often outside of baseball.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since you corrected him wrongly...that’s not where it came from...it’s a baseball term, been around way longer than NASCAR:

Bush League
Definition
Origin
With "bush" being a synonym for a rural area, non-Major League clubs in small towns were referred to as bush league teams in the early days of baseball. The term has come to be used often outside of baseball.
?..... ?!!!

We've got a contest Gamecock! It's Alabama vs. South Carolina.

I just checked the internets and actually found both meanings listed on the Google. That baseball reference was on MLB.com, so now I'm actually confused.

I do remember when NASCAR second tier was Busch. (been to Talladega once when I was young)

Guess we'll agree to split on it....

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

?..... ?!!!

We've got a contest Gamecock! It's Alabama vs. South Carolina.

I just checked the internets and actually found both meanings listed on the Google. That baseball reference was on MLB.com, so now I'm actually confused.

I do remember when NASCAR second tier was Busch. (been to Talladega once when I was young)

Guess we'll agree to split on it....
Winston Cup years :p

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Also Bush League is specific to baseball minor league teams, which are very second rate and is my use in this situation. ;)

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bush League
Definition
Origin
YUP.

Micky Clark

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I "spoke" to someone in Ford's help chat. Here's the chat log (names removed):
----
<support person>
at 19:29, Nov 3:
Hello. This is <support person>. How can I help you with your build today?

You
at 19:30, Nov 3:

Hi <support person>! Is there a reason the roof rails and hard top sound deadening headliner is incompatible with the 2.7 L engine on the 4 door Bronco Badlands, but it'll work fine on the 2 door?

<support person>
at 19:33, Nov 3:
Thank you for your interest in the Bronco. We are still in the preview mode and have not yet received all of the ordering specifications for this model, nor do we have the availability to confirm or clarify package compatibility. We plan to have this information available sometime around the middle of December. We encourage you to work through the Build and Price tool to see what configurations are currently available.
----

So... there we have it. Ford knows the B&P is a bit whimsical and officially plans to fix it around mid-December, but in the mean time they'd like us to keep playing with it, even though its information is probably not accurate.

Thank you, planning my build and was asking the same question on the sound deadening. not too happy on fords response, we can start our orders on December 7th and they’re saying to wait til mid December?

Sponsored

Ranger345

Badlands
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll just buy the rack from the dealer if I can’t get it on my badlands. It probably will never see anything on top of it but it looks cool!

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Resurrecting this

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are alot of folks pissed off right now because of this, and I have to say I'm sort of on the Fence. I had planned on getting the Roof Racks but can't now. However, there are threads about how you can't remove the Middle Section of the top if the Factory Racks are on.

So Now I'm thinking that maybe aftermarket is better in more than 1 way because I know there were Concept Bronco(s) that had a rack on it that ONLY connected to the back shell.

So I'm thinking... keep your Roof Rack, I'll get one that connects to just the shell part and it will be a win win.

Of course the real downside is that we don't know WHEN aftermarket will be out there. Hell, I know this is drastic, but I was thinking of just drilling holes in the MIC and bolting on a standard rack (sealing the hell out of the holes of course)
Sponsored