Sponsored

Sasquatch for On-Road Guy?

Sasquatch for a 100% On-Road guy? Yes or no?

• Total voters

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have just about 6k miles on my 4 door Badlands, Sasquatched, 2.7. I have a 64 mile round trip commute I make 4 days a week. 50 of those miles are highway. I'm averaging about 16.5 mpg.

I haven't had a truck in 20 years and I forgot how stiff the suspension can be. I also forgot how a tall vehicle won't take high speed turns as well as a car. (I'll admit, I drive like an aggressive jackass at times) I have had a few instances where the Bronco slowed itself down because of what I assume is anti-rollover technology.

If I was going to get a sasquatch and never take it off road, probably the first thing Id do is get bigger rims and go with a smaller sidewalled tire. That way you can maintain the look of the 35s but get a better handling bronco. Just my thoughts...
Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a Base Squatch. I rides perfectly fine on roads and highways! I'll cry when I need to put new tires on, but oh well. I but mine mostly for looks and maybe off-roading once a year.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 4-door full-size Black Diamond ordered, but I still have time to make changes.

I love love love the look of the Sasquatch tires. Aesethically it looks like a better fit for the Black Diamond (to me).

But to be honest I will not be off-roading much at all.

How is the ride of the Sasquatch for everyday on-roading? I am on the highway regularly. Is it a good, smooth ride, or is this the wrong package for my purposes?

Would love to hear what people think, especially people who have driven a Sasquatch.
As someone who is going to have to do a lot of highway driving, I ended up getting rims and tires for my OBX.

RTR 17x9's with 295/70R17 Milestar Patagonia M/T's (a hybrid tire). It's 33.5" tall.

20210703_154448.jpg

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can you downsize tires with same rims
I asked the same thing a while back and was told yes. If I ever get mine Iā€™ll eventually downsize to 33ā€™s. Someone also said your speedometer might be off a bit but not but much but I donā€™t know how accurate that is

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In reality not a one of us ā€œ needsā€ a Bronco. We all ā€œ wantā€ a Bronco.
I think it's funny how several people have commented that none of us "needs" a Bronco. That is only universally accurate if you also believe that nobody "needs" a motor vehicle or a roof over their heads or a job.šŸ˜˜šŸ˜˜

My car is getting very old and I will "need" to replace it. I had to sell my truck, so I have been camping out of my very low-to-the-ground sedan and damaging it, so I "need" to replace it with something that can drive on forest service roads without getting damaged. And if you want to insert that I don't "need" to go camping, then that would be the only logic by which you could argue I don't need a Bronco.

Now if you really meant to say that none of us needs a Badlands, SAS, or a Wildtrak, then I might agree. I am getting a Black Diamond and would have gotten a Base if Ford would have let me get a rear locker and tow hitch on the Base from the factory.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I asked the same thing a while back and was told yes. If I ever get mine Iā€™ll eventually downsize to 33ā€™s. Someone also said your speedometer might be off a bit but not but much but I donā€™t know how accurate that is
Than itā€™s a no brainer. Get Sasquatch and once tires wear out downgrade to 33ā€™s get the best of both worlds

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, changing to the 33's will show about a 5% higher velocity than reality. I.E. 63 MPH when actually going 60 MPH

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am still on the fence I have driven the Sas package and it rides fine on the road. I even drove at the Bronco rodeo in Moab. But I still havenā€™t driven a non sas Bronco. Thatā€™s why I am still on the fence about the larger tires. I probably wonā€™t be going off roading so I canā€™t decide on what I want yet. I have till 22 to see my Bronco so I w have many chances to change my mind.

bodie_38

First Name
Bodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ELR, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I look at it as with Sasquatch, you get better wheels and bigger tires, a Ford designed & tested lift, larger flares, better suspension (including 4A) and lockers - all installed and with factory warranty. Thatā€™s hard to beat for $5k if you want~35ā€ tires. I think the the 4 door ā€œneedsā€ the 35ā€™s to look right.

Sponsored

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only real reason you need to get the Sasquatch is because itā€™s a 4dr. If youā€™re ok with the way it looks without the squatch donā€™t. Probably will be much cheaper to lift with bigger tires as others have suggested

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do it! There are millions of
Z71
Rubicons
Powerwagons
Trd pro
Out there that will never see dust if you like it get.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This ā˜. Choose your favourite style of Wheels and tires, a slight lift and you'll come out much further ahead financially.
Yup. #selfsquatch may save you some money on build and you can get a more custom look with wheel tire combo.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm getting a 4 door Badlands with Sasquatch and I HIGHLY doubt it will ever be off pavement. The proportions on 4 door especially are terrible when Bronco doesn't have Sasquatch.
ā€œThem thereā€™s fightingā€™ words.ā€ šŸ˜‚
Sponsored