Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this must confirm (Unless we already had this confirmed) that the ONLY difference between a Badlands Sas vs. non Sas was indeed just the tires and fender flares because that's all they changed?
Sponsored

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now if Ford could give me the manual 2.7 Sasquatch, that would be cool! ?
JK, but seriously!
If that ever happens it probably wont be for a while. The 7-speed on the 2.3t can only handle 406 lb-ft torque. With the 2.7tt coming in at 400 lb-ft, that dog wont hunt.

Ford has said "that limit can go all the way up to 590 lb-ft, depending on application" but I would think/guess that's a major change and not only is it not developed but would it be worth the investment?

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

badbdabbbaaaaa ababbababbadbbahubdsjahdchgasdcguyasvbsd;ihfgvhoi;uljsdflhkjcvnlsdjfcvinpmslknjfgvlkjnsdc[excitement]
I first read that as excrement. Which works also.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much good is your swaybar disconnect doing when you limit the travel anyways because of sasquatch. Just saying.
I like many others will probably put a 2" lift on which will alleviate that issue.

Sponsored

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So this must confirm (Unless we already had this confirmed) that the ONLY difference between a Badlands Sas vs. non Sas was indeed just the tires and fender flares because that's all they changed?
But on that pricing survey that went out recently they priced adding Sasquatch to the BL at $2,500. There is no way upgrading wheels tires would be more than 1k? But maybe they automatically included the 10-speed in the Sasquatch upgrade price for the BL. According to everything published the difference only appears to be a half inch lift and the wheels/tires. Maybe the disco needs extra engineering to be paired with 35s?

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I the only person that hopes this is a late availability item so that I can leapfrog like 30k people with my 2.7 auto????:unsure::unsure:
Yes!!! I'm an evil MF.

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't think I will have any willpower left to not buy one if this is real. Maybe that is why B&P is being delayed is they are working out how to incorporate and price this in there. Pretty obvious (in my 'business' thinking) that they know a 2dr Base with Squatch (2BASEMANSQUATCH if we are all doing that now) is "too good" of a deal so now need to run some analysis on what trims/number of doors this can go with to still get as much $$$ as possible.
I think you nailed it.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Legit question:

The spotted test mule is just a manual Badlands with 35s on it, no?

The only credence to this being a legit leak of a manual being available on squatch is that BN is saying it is.

Assuming they are in the pocket of Ford marketing, that might be enough, but to me a manual transmission Bronco riding on 35s alone doesn’t confirm it.

So, Ford sent me a tweet this morning....

Ford Bronco Sasquatch package with 2.3L + manual transmission Bronco - testing underway! IMG_0383.PNG

I immediately thought, "Hmmmm, I wonder if they are gonna offer the manual Sasquatch after all and they want to use my tweet for marketing purposes to pat themselves on the back and say 'Look, we listened!'" I told my wife exactly that, then I come on here and see this thread.

The second tweet was in response to someone saying they wanted the V6 manual Sasquatch.

Lots of other people requested it, but Im The Real "buckinbronco" so obviously they chose me :ROFLMAO: ?

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But on that pricing survey that went out recently they priced adding Sasquatch to the BL at $2,500. There is no way upgrading wheels tires would be more than 1k? But maybe they automatically included the 10-speed in the Sasquatch upgrade price for the BL. According to everything published the difference only appears to be a half inch lift and the wheels/tires. Maybe the disco needs extra engineering to be paired with 35s?
(Edit: It really looks like Ford WILL offer this based on the post just before mine.)

If it is true that a "BADSQUATCH" just includes a minor lift and 35s, there may be a backdoor/loophole to getting the manual 'Squatch, even if Ford doesn't end up offering it. Just spec a manual Badlands and then replace the wheels/tires. This would be a quick and easy path to the manual Squatch everyone wants.

This would only matter if a) manual squatch isn't offered and, b) the Badlands has all the other Bilstein goodies that you want.

On a separate note, as a customer, I like where Ford has taken the Bronco with this number of unique trims (with meaningful differences instead of the typical Jeep approach with 20 meaningless trims). It gives us the chance to get almost exactly what we want, and it gives them the chance to extract every last dime from us if they get all the pricing right....but it's very complicated. Even if it makes sense to charge a Badlands customer $2500 for 35s and a small lift from a profit/demand perspective, they now have to be careful about offending customers with the price of the options on various trims. They might need to resort to even more standardization of prices across trims than they normally would.

All of this choice is going to make the B&P very interesting...This forum will absolutely explode when it goes live. I've already taken off from work on 10/1 and 10/2.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, Ford sent me a tweet this morning....

Ford Bronco Sasquatch package with 2.3L + manual transmission Bronco - testing underway! IMG_0383.PNG

I immediately thought, "Hmmmm, I wonder if they are gonna offer the manual Sasquatch after all and they want to use my tweet for marketing purposes to pat themselves on the back and say 'Look, we listened!'" I told my wife exactly that, then I come on here and see this thread.

The second tweet was in response to someone saying they wanted the V6 manual Sasquatch.

Lots of other people requested it, but Im The Real "buckinbronco" so obviously they chose me :ROFLMAO: ?
Yep. You nailed it.

You’re gonna be part of one of those “You asked! we Listened!” campaigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.