First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not going to lie. I thought propping up a tire on your buddy wasn't going to happen with these. I'm happy to be wrong!

Back tire is off the ground which is sketchy but hey, it did it.
They could have propped up on the other side where the ground doesn't drop away and it would have been fine .

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The power wagon has a SFA. So not a fair comparison. I agree that nobody knows how much of an actual offroad benefit a sway bar disco has on an IFS bronco. I think it will give a smoother ride at lower speeds if nothing else so that's a nice benefit, but I'm not as convinced it will add a ton of traction. Even if it drops a wheel 6-9 inches, that still doesn't mean it has much weight on the tire as you don't get the fulcrum effect like you do on a SFA.

I bet any trim squatch with 35s will be more capable off-road than Badlands with 33s plus disco in 99% of offroad scenarios as clearance is normally king. But we won't really know for sure until it's tested real world.
That fulcrum effect is what helps an SFA articulate more than IFS particularly without a sway bar disconnect (IFS really struggles to flex when connected). Nobody thinks that a sway bar will literally get more flex out of IFS then SFA but it will likely improve the flex by a greater margin here than on SFA. In my opinion that is one of the most critical features offered after front and rear lockers.

I am likely to just get the mansquatch but to those who want to wheel the hardest without waiting for aftermarket chassis components I would still get the Badlands with the maximum flex and if 33's aren't enough throw on some 34's or just throw on 35's anyway and deal with a bit of rub here and there (I doubt it's much).

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
(Edit: It really looks like Ford WILL offer this based on the post just before mine.)

If it is true that a "BADSQUATCH" just includes a minor lift and 35s, there may be a backdoor/loophole to getting the manual 'Squatch, even if Ford doesn't end up offering it. Just spec a manual Badlands and then replace the wheels/tires. This would be a quick and easy path to the manual Squatch everyone wants.

This would only matter if a) manual squatch isn't offered and, b) the Badlands has all the other Bilstein goodies that you want.

On a separate note, as a customer, I like where Ford has taken the Bronco with this number of unique trims (with meaningful differences instead of the typical Jeep approach with 20 meaningless trims). It gives us the chance to get almost exactly what we want, and it gives them the chance to extract every last dime from us if they get all the pricing right....but it's very complicated. Even if it makes sense to charge a Badlands customer $2500 for 35s and a small lift from a profit/demand perspective, they now have to be careful about offending customers with the price of the options on various trims. They might need to resort to even more standardization of prices across trims than they normally would.

All of this choice is going to make the B&P very interesting...This forum will absolutely explode when it goes live. I've already taken off from work on 10/1 and 10/2.
Disagree, Ford put most of it's customers in-between trims knowing most will go one up and pay for more than what they want vs. going one down and getting less than what they want.

The 12' inch screen requiring the high package for example. There are a large number of customers who will jump to the high package just for that and Ford knows it.

Personally, I'm between spending 33k for slightly less than I want and 45k for slightly more than I want. Someone else pointed it out, but ford is basically charging 8k for the disco - which is something that I find 100 percent useless. Otherwise I love the BL trim.

If Ford actually does pair the Sasquatch with the MT, that will negatively effect the BL orders more than any other trim. Base/MT/Sasquatch will be about 33k vs. BL at 43k. 10k for a disco and smaller tires? ouch.

Ajfetterman

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2, 1991 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So this must confirm (Unless we already had this confirmed) that the ONLY difference between a Badlands Sas vs. non Sas was indeed just the tires and fender flares because that's all they changed?
So do we pay the $2500 for Ford to put on the 35's or do it on our own?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

But on that pricing survey that went out recently they priced adding Sasquatch to the BL at $2,500. There is no way upgrading wheels tires would be more than 1k? But maybe they automatically included the 10-speed in the Sasquatch upgrade price for the BL. According to everything published the difference only appears to be a half inch lift and the wheels/tires. Maybe the disco needs extra engineering to be paired with 35s?
For the Auto they have to re-gear too.

Those beadlock ready's are expensive. How expensive over the Badlands spokes we don't know. Then there is about $60 per corner in tires, and slightly wider / higher clearance flares.

I selected manual in the survey and ticked the Sasquatch box anyway just to remind them some people would like that option.

It should be less on the manual, like the trim level packages should be because manual leaves off some functionality (remote start, etc.), but it most likely won't.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford will likely take me out of a BL and into a Base/MT/Sasquatch and save me 10k if they do this.

I'll likely drop a couple grand to do leather/heated seats aftermarket (which I'd also do with the BL - for the leather.) So I don't care too much about the Mid package.

I do really want that 12 inch screen, but not for 12k over Base/MT/Sassy.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am likely to just get the mansquatch but to those who want to wheel the hardest without waiting for aftermarket chassis components I would still get the Badlands with the maximum flex and if 33's aren't enough throw on some 34's or just throw on 35's anyway and deal with a bit of rub here and there (I doubt it's much).
@TeocaliMG, are you saying the stock Badlands 4.46:1 gear ratio will handle the 34" or 35" tires just fine?

If true, those of us that just want 33" tires but still have the future possibility of going larger, without getting the Sasquatch 4.70:1 gear ratio, will be just fine, is that a correct assumption?

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Disagree, Ford put most of it's customers in-between trims knowing most will go one up and pay for more than what they want vs. going one down and getting less than what they want.

The 12' inch screen requiring the high package for example. There are a large number of customers who will jump to the high package just for that and Ford knows it.

Personally, I'm between spending 33k for slightly less than I want and 45k for slightly more than I want. Someone else pointed it out, but ford is basically charging 8k for the disco - which is something that I find 100 percent useless. Otherwise I love the BL trim.

If Ford actually does pair the Sasquatch with the MT, that will negatively effect the BL orders more than any other trim. Base/MT/Sasquatch will be about 33k vs. BL at 43k. 10k for a disco and smaller tires? ouch.
Agree on your comment about the impact to the Badlands orders. They will go down with this offering.

Also agree with basically all the facts. I think we just differ on our perspective of those facts.

I still think they offer more combinations of trims and options on this thing than you can shake a stick at, to the point that they even risk it being confusing to their customers. You're right that the packages are designed to get people to "step up". All businesses do this. I think the only difference is that I respect them as a business for engineering profitability into the Bronco that way. They could also a) offer fewer trims and packages, or b) charge way more for a la carte options like just the 12" screen. If you've ever customized the leather air vents or custom seat belt colors on the Porsche B&P, you see where I'm going with this. It's expensive from a production perspective to allow these one-offs, and their goal is to make money on this at the end of the day.

In the end, I imagine they'll move more metal across all trim levels with this change, at the expense of Badlands orders.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@TeocaliMG, are you saying the stock Badlands 4.46:1 gear ratio will handle the 34" or 35" tires just fine?

If true, those of us that just want 33" tires but still have the future possibility of going larger, without getting the Sasquatch 4.70:1 gear ratio, will be just fine, is that a correct assumption?
Isn't this moot with the MT?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What was the tweet?

The one from Studawg I was replying to.

You can click on the little *up arrow* next to the name of the person quoted to jump directly to the quoted post.

So, Ford sent me a tweet this morning....

IMG_0383.PNG

I immediately thought, "Hmmmm, I wonder if they are gonna offer the manual Sasquatch after all and they want to use my tweet for marketing purposes to pat themselves on the back and say 'Look, we listened!'" I told my wife exactly that, then I come on here and see this thread.

The second tweet was in response to someone saying they wanted the V6 manual Sasquatch.

Lots of other people requested it, but Im The Real "buckinbronco" so obviously they chose me :ROFLMAO: ?

Status
Not open for further replies.