First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was born in a snowstorm and grew up eating icicles hanging from the roof of my igloo. I run wornout BFG Radial T/A on my two-wheel drive '67 Camaro, driving on solid sheets of ice. Never had a problem.

BFG AT KO2 are a great all-terrain tire for most conditions and do very well in snow (they are rated for severe snow service). They do a lot of things well and give pretty good mpg and last relatively well too. It doesn't matter if you have the Sasquatch package in snow, unless you're off road. The Sasquatch tires are nothing special and you don't want to use the lockers driving down the road (they'll be low-side finders or crab-walk you into the ditch). So, if commuting in snow is the issue, any trim will work fine with a decent tire. If you need to drive off road in the snow where a locker works well (not all off road conditions, learn how to use your lockers and for what conditions), then maybe Sasquatch is worth it.
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2019 Raptor with K02s and a 2018 Wrangler with 35” Falken Wildpeak ATW3’s. I live in Colorado and have had zero issues in snow with either vehicle. I took the Raptor snow wheelin’ in Rollinsville, CO last week and barely slipped around anywhere at speed (and there WAS speed).

Jak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kinda still new to all this, but I was going to get Sasquatch and swap out the tires for KO2s, mainly for highway comfort but also for the occasional light snow/ice. A friend said I wouldn't be able to put KO2s on the Sasquatch rim (17x8.5). Tried making sense of it on Tirerack.com, but thought I'd run it by the forum.

Sponsored

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kinda still new to all this, but I was going to get Sasquatch and swap out the tires for KO2s, mainly for highway comfort but also for the occasional light snow/ice. A friend said I wouldn't be able to put KO2s on the Sasquatch rim (17x8.5). Tried making sense of it on Tirerack.com, but thought I'd run it by the forum.
I'd like to know this as well - I assumed I could go Squatch and "grow" out of it if I chose to.

Reactions: Jak

Jak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like to know this as well - I assumed I could go Squatch and "grow" out of it if I chose to.
With people commenting that the sas tires aren't true mud terrains, maybe changing to KO2s wont be a big difference?

I still want to know if we can put 35" KO2s on the sas wheel though.

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why wouldn’t you be able to put ko2s on Sasquatch wheels? That doesn’t make sense

Inmtns

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does the upgrade in the sasquatch suspension provide any sort of lift on the vehicle?
Is the lug pattern on the bronco the same as f150?
If the lug pattern and hub is the same size as the f150 or ford ranger there are probably a few aftermarket wheel and tire options to choose from.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wheel width determines what tires you can use (well, assuming you know you have to have 17" wheel for a 17" wheel opening on the tire, etc.). If you had a wheel that was 6" wide the bead on a 12.5" tire wouldn't seat, the wheel would be too narrow. If you had a tire that was 10.5 wide, the bead wouldn't seat on a 12" wide wheel. The height of the tire is only slightly relevant; the width of the wheel and tire are what matters. So, when someone says such-and-such height tire won't work, they're missing the point, or not explaining it well.

A 30" - 37" -40" tire will work on a Sasquatch wheel, as long as the width works with that wheel. Look at https://www.BFGoodrichtires.com and the specs on the tires, as an example. It'll show you what "width" wheel it works with. Depending on the tire you want, they (any manufacturer) may make a tire that fits. You'll find, as an example, 33x10.5, 33x12.5, 35x12.5, 35x14.5, etc., so find something that works with the wheel you choose.

BTW, BFG AT/KO2 are made from 31" tall to 37" tall that work with a 8.5"x17" (Sasquatch) wheel.
Sponsored

Last edited: