First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Correct, these are multi-terrain (M/T) not mud tires. There is a thread somewhere in here that has 45 minutes with Goodyear tech heads talking about these as OEM specific for the Bronco.... Should be decent in snow but nothing matches a snow tire like Blizzak, but snow and rubber will always be snow on rubber. The best snow tires from Scandinavia, Haks, are covered in snow on the whole rotation of tire. The siping crimps the snow to the tire since snow on snow is the best traction.
Concur on the blizzaks. Best winter tire I’ve used.thanks for the clarification on MT vs AT. Had 35” GY Wrangler AT on Jeep recently and they were exceptional for low noise, ride quality and ability in the snow. More research needed for me then on keeping the MT or swapping to another tire like the AT or a set of Blizzak. Gotta swap the Blizzak in the summer though. Super soft and wear out very fast, I made that mistake already.
Sponsored

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nokian Rotiiva.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Concur on the blizzaks. Best winter tire I’ve used.thanks for the clarification on MT vs AT. Had 35” GY Wrangler AT on Jeep recently and they were exceptional for low noise, ride quality and ability in the snow. More research needed for me then on keeping the MT or swapping to another tire like the AT or a set of Blizzak. Gotta swap the Blizzak in the summer though. Super soft and wear out very fast, I made that mistake already.
Assume with front and rear lockers and GOAT modes the tires should work through snow. However, correct, nothing better than a thinner winter only tire with more weight per square inch on contact to mow through snow.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know a lot of people get really hung up on this and some will swear by skinnier tires for snow, but I am on my second set 35x12.50r15 of Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar and have never felt like I had an issue with control or traction in Michigan. My Jeep is my daily driver and I used to put about 15k a year on it with both the stock Goodyear SRA's and then the first set of MTR's.

Wide mud tires in the snow is definitely a different driving experience and this might be why so many people don't like it. You float on top of the snow with wide tires rather than digging for traction. I always felt that Jeeps kind of drove this way in the snow to begin with because they're so light so I never thought twice about it.

You will always be better off with a tire that is actually built for cold weather/snow, but you can definitely daily drive with mud terrains, or in this case "max traction" tires without issues. Just keep in mind it will probably not drive like an F-150 or whatever else you might daily drive in snowy conditions now.
Sponsored