First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands reservation here. Was planning to get Sas for the looks since most of my driving will not be off road. But the Bronco will see a bunch of snow for the snowboard trips cof good 4 or 5 months a year. Since the Sas comes only with M/T tires, wondering if it would be smarter to skip on the Sas and stick with the 33 and A/T tires.

Another option would be replace the tires for A/T on delivery but was trying to avoid that extra expense.

I heard bad things of M/T on snow.

Anyone in the same situation?
Sponsored

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had this same thought as well. From what I found on Google it seems like M/T tires are not ideal for the snow. Also I read that wider tires preform worse in the snow then narrower tires, but I'm not sure that makes sense to me. However, I do see people run M/Ts and would love to hear there thoughts.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Badlands reservation here. Was planning to get Sas for the looks since most of my driving will not be off road. But the Bronco will see a bunch of snow for the snowboard trips cof good 4 or 5 months a year. Since the Sas comes only with M/T tires, wondering if it would be smarter to skip on the Sas and stick with the 33 and A/T tires.

Another option would be replace the tires for A/T on delivery but was trying to avoid that extra expense.

I heard bad things of M/T on snow.

Anyone in the same situation?
It's a boring answer but put snow tires on for driving in snow. There isn't a single better solution.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I live in MA as well and am somewhat leaning against Sas during the winter. Hard time justifying a dedicated set of 33s and rims for the 3 months of "possible snow". The winters, in my opinion, have been lame for the last 10-15 years with the rare occasional one in my area (MetroWest). The patchy ice and almost ice/almost rain is my biggest concern. So not sure what way I am leaning. 5 extra tires is a LOT of space and a LOT of cost for 3 months.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Why did you post this exact same thread twice with slightly different titles?

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
heard mixed things

some say the tires are bad but some say the tires are not actually mud terrain . they are new tires

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had this same thought as well. From what I found on Google it seems like M/T tires are not ideal for the snow. Also I read that wider tires preform worse in the snow then narrower tires, but I'm not sure that makes sense to me. However, I do see people run M/Ts and would love to hear there thoughts.
Wider tires "float" more while narrower tire, "pizza cutters" allow more vehicle weight per square contact inch of tire.

OP
OP

Broncolands

Badlands
First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why did you post this exact same thread twice with slightly different titles?
Sorry, I just signed up and a message appeared asking me to acknoledge something and then Iafter I did I came back and posted. Did not noticed the duplication. Will try to delete the other one.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The Goodyear Territory M/Ts that come with Sasquatch look like they will actually preform pretty well in snow. Plenty of siping, and lots of individual tread blocks that aren't spaced too far apart.

They ARE NOT a mud tire. More like an aggressive all terrain.

That said. You will never do better in snow than a dedicated snow tire. And I DON'T mean a studded tire. I personally don't like studs, though they do have their place.

I actually run 37" Toyos M/Ts, which are a trash tire BTW, year round on my F250. If you know what you are doing, and know the tires limits, you can make a mud tire work in the snow. But it won't be ideal. I have to be super careful when it's icy with the Toyos. I'll actually just drive my car with its winter tires most of the time.

I will always recommend someone worried about snow driving replace whatever tire is on their vehicle with a DEDICATED, WINTER SPECIFIC tire when the snow flies.

FordBronco_parts_07 - compressed.jpg

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'll personally be swapping to a different tire for the summer and am gonna try the stock Territory in the winter just out of curiosity because again it looks like it will perform well as long as the compound isn't too hard.

JMV123

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350/2015 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in there snow here in Wyoming and for 8-9 months of the year I deal with snow. I have a Subaru as well and all weather tires are dangerous as well so I always put on dedicated snow tires and plan to do the same with the Bronco. Somewhere on this thread someone mentioned that Nokia makes a snow tire in the 315/70/17 size. Here is the link https://www.nokiantires.com/tires/by-tire-size/winter-tires/?s=315-70-17. Also, just because one has the Sasquatch package does not mean you have to buy 35" tires. Purchase 34 or 33" and run smaller tires in the winter.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
This makes sense. "If you forget to pizza, you're gonna have a bad time"
Stan DARSH!!! :D love that episode!

Spot on though. I'm impressed with the siping on the all terrain Territory tire. It should perform pretty good in the snow. But in the end its still a 315 width tire which is one wide sum bitch! I run 12.5" wide GY Duratracs year round and the width is definitely noticeable in the snow. Drifts tend to pull me into them and it can be hard to get out of ruts. Bronco should do a little better at getting through stuff since they're so heavy but only time will tell. Heavier also means harder to stop though so its a give and take.

Best vehicle in the snow I ever drove was my old 2000 Grand Prix on 205 width tires. Car was like 3500 pounds on a narrow tire for its size but it just dug right through whatever and just on all seasons.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Goodyear Territory M/Ts that come with Sasquatch look like they will actually preform pretty well in snow. Plenty of siping, and lots of individual tread blocks that aren't spaced too far apart.

They ARE NOT a mud tire. More like an aggressive all terrain.

That said. You will never do better in snow than a dedicated snow tire. And I DON'T mean a studded tire. I personally don't like studs, though they do have their place.

I actually run 37" Toyos M/Ts, which are a trash tire BTW, year round on my F250. If you know what you are doing, and know the tires limits, you can make a mud tire work in the snow. But it won't be ideal. I have to be super careful when it's icy with the Toyos. I'll actually just drive my car with its winter tires most of the time.

I will always recommend someone worried about snow driving replace whatever tire is on their vehicle with a DEDICATED, WINTER SPECIFIC tire when the snow flies.

FordBronco_parts_07 - compressed.jpg
Correct, these are multi-terrain (M/T) not mud tires. There is a thread somewhere in here that has 45 minutes with Goodyear tech heads talking about these as OEM specific for the Bronco.... Should be decent in snow but nothing matches a snow tire like Blizzak, but snow and rubber will always be snow on rubber. The best snow tires from Scandinavia, Haks (NOKIAN HAKKAPELIITTA), are covered in snow on the whole rotation of tire. The siping crimps the snow to the tire since snow on snow is the best traction.
Sponsored

Last edited: