MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
So the OBX has advanced 4wd with 4.27 gearing?

From personnel experience (my wife stole my Bronco), the Honeymoon won't end anytime soon. And a 4-door non-sas Bronco doesn't like right in its stock configuration.
Sponsored

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think you will get a ton of different opinions, I got the SAS on my OBX, and am happy, think the resale might be better than aftermarket stuff, plus the lockers, the gearing, and correct speedo calibration work for me-

seanoj

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happy wife, happy life. Get her the Sasquatch. Also, do the Off-Rodeo.

I bought my wife a Badlands Sas in '21 as a mall crawler and semi-frequent Mammoth Mountain ski/hike trip vehicle.

We went to the Off-Rodeo (TX) just before delivery and I had her do most of the driving. Great experience and

Since then, we are planning our 5th off-roading trip (Moab area).

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait...this is to be your wife's ride, and she's clear on what she wants. End of story, right?

Would you want her lurking on car forums trying to help guide you to the proper spec for your next ride? Even if she's convinced she's only saving you from yourself?

The woman wants an Outer Banks Sasquatch. Done.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let me see, I'll just order something over 50k and with literally hundreds of configuration combinations for my wife without asking her what she likes...DONE, what could go wrong?

Sponsored

UGABronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CT6, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi all, just joined up hoping for some help. My wife has wanted a Bronco really bad since they were announced. We recently placed an order for an Outer Banks, since I felt that was close to what her use case was. We never offroad, except maybe the occasional trip up to a cabin (which our standard AWD SUV handles just fine). This will pretty much just be used for work commute and errands.

But now that it's soon to arrive, I'm finding out she wanted the Sasquatch package. But only for the looks, not out of any realistic off-road need. While I'd have concerns about noise/comfort/etc. on road, she's driven both and seems fine with it. She says she doesn't like the looks of the Outer Banks standard, she wants the bigger and beefier tires.

I don't want to push her to settle, but I also don't want her to hold off for a Sasquatch, paying a lot more money, and have regrets when the honeymoon period is over.

I've thought about pushing for aftermarket wheels, but not sure that's worth it after labor costs, voided warranty, mucked up gearing and speedometer, etc.

All that to say, hoping for any advice, personal experience, or ideas to help me out with advising her. Thanks!
Get it WITH the Sasquatch package. She won't regret it. I love the SAS on my Wildtrak. It drives great. It's not loud. It looks way better. The non-sasquatch Broncos look ... for lack of a better word ... neutered. I also drove my Wildtrak from Texas to Ohio and back, and its highway handling at 90+ MPH was outstanding. Very smooth and responsive.

OP
OP

GTBen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks all! I'll mention the Ford-installed option to her but based on what I'm seeing here maybe best to just be safe and wait. I'm not seeing any "Sasquatch is horrible on the road long-term" feedback so guessing that's the way to go.

Let me see, I'll just order something over 50k and with literally hundreds of configuration combinations for my wife without asking her what she likes...DONE, what could go wrong?
Lol, I'll need to defend myself a little on this one... She sat right next to me when we configured it, and we went through all the options. Then I sent the print-out to the dealer, who placed the order before we even realized it. Due to long-story circumstances we haven't even placed a deposit yet, so we're not guaranteed to get it.

It wasn't until after all that she decided she wanted the SAS. I think part of the problem was we were overwhelmed with options, had limited access for configurations to test drive, and spent a lot of time focusing mostly on I4 vs V6.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ll be honest, the best looking Bronco I have ever seen was on stock OBX wheels. Parked in front of a feed & grain store in Miles City MT was a 6G Bronco OBX with upgraded beefy MT tires on stock rims. It looked awesome. Obviously a working Bronco from an area ranch, due to the mud, dirt, and scratches. Exactly what a Bronco is supposed to look like.

OP, what I’m trying to say is keep your rims and upgrade the tires, your wife will love it.

Cygnusx1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayenne; Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you got to do what makes you happy in life when you are able to do so. I have the 2 door BL sas and love it. Great for wheeling and drives very nicely on road and on highway. And, everything is lined up from the factory no need to tweak this to that like when you start to put aftermarket lifts on, etc. The only drawback I see for your wife (depending on how tall she is) is the daily ingress/egress from vehicle. That can be addressed with quality rock rails that double as steps. GL.

OP
OP

GTBen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ll be honest, the best looking Bronco I have ever seen was on stock OBX wheels. Parked in front of a feed & grain store in Miles City MT was a 6G Bronco OBX with upgraded beefy MT tires on stock rims. It looked awesome. Obviously a working Bronco from an area ranch, due to the mud, dirt, and scratches. Exactly what a Bronco is supposed to look like.

OP, what I’m trying to say is keep your rims and upgrade the tires, your wife will love it.
Good to know, thanks! I was wondering about that option.

you got to do what makes you happy in life when you are able to do so. I have the 2 door BL sas and love it. Great for wheeling and drives very nicely on road and on highway. And, everything is lined up from the factory no need to tweak this to that like when you start to put aftermarket lifts on, etc. The only drawback I see for your wife (depending on how tall she is) is the daily ingress/egress from vehicle. That can be addressed with quality rock rails that double as steps. GL.
Yeah we'd definitely be looking at steps, she's 5'2.

Sponsored

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

This. There's a thread somewhere regarding bigger tires on OBX wheels, and it looks fantastic.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OBX Wife-Squatch for the win.

However, if you take some of the advice here and build her a Fake-Squatch with a lift and bigger tires, at least option the 4.27 gearing as the 3.73 ratio is not very 35" tire friendly.

My wife is a not a soccer mom but rather a lacrosse & cross-country mom with a bit a mall crawler mixed in. Her Bronco will see some trails but is 95% a pavement princess. But wherever she is and whatever she is doing it is about guaranteed that her ride is the most badass there and she will never not find it in the Kohls parking lot.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch vs not, for "soccer mom use" 1692285020831

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks all! I'll mention the Ford-installed option to her but based on what I'm seeing here maybe best to just be safe and wait. I'm not seeing any "Sasquatch is horrible on the road long-term" feedback so guessing that's the way to go.

Lol, I'll need to defend myself a little on this one... She sat right next to me when we configured it, and we went through all the options. Then I sent the print-out to the dealer, who placed the order before we even realized it. Due to long-story circumstances we haven't even placed a deposit yet, so we're not guaranteed to get it.

It wasn't until after all that she decided she wanted the SAS. I think part of the problem was we were overwhelmed with options, had limited access for configurations to test drive, and spent a lot of time focusing mostly on I4 vs V6.
Since everyone has an opinion on this, I'll drop mine as well.

Skip the Sasquatch package, not needed (for your case), so why spend all that extra money?

Dump the 18" wheels that come with OBX (ugly as hell in my eyes), find a set of aftermarket 17" wheels or squatch package take offs. Add on a set of 315/70r17's (Mickey Thompson, BFG, pick one) and call it a day. Plenty of people put 315's on a stock Base, BB, OBX without a lift, just remove crash bars. If she decides she would like some lift to it, install a puck lift (less than $200 and a little elbow grease), or wants a better ride, look at the many suspension lifts out there, Eibach, OME, Ford Perfomance, whoever.

TnBronc14

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX non squatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I found mine on the lot, so I didn't have the option to get sas. I did rough country coil overs for 2 inches of lift and swapped out to a 17 inch dirty life rim. It allowed me to get an almost 35 inch tire under it.

bronc.jpg

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi all, just joined up hoping for some help. My wife has wanted a Bronco really bad since they were announced. We recently placed an order for an Outer Banks, since I felt that was close to what her use case was. We never offroad, except maybe the occasional trip up to a cabin (which our standard AWD SUV handles just fine). This will pretty much just be used for work commute and errands.

But now that it's soon to arrive, I'm finding out she wanted the Sasquatch package. But only for the looks, not out of any realistic off-road need. While I'd have concerns about noise/comfort/etc. on road, she's driven both and seems fine with it. She says she doesn't like the looks of the Outer Banks standard, she wants the bigger and beefier tires.

I don't want to push her to settle, but I also don't want her to hold off for a Sasquatch, paying a lot more money, and have regrets when the honeymoon period is over.

I've thought about pushing for aftermarket wheels, but not sure that's worth it after labor costs, voided warranty, mucked up gearing and speedometer, etc.

All that to say, hoping for any advice, personal experience, or ideas to help me out with advising her. Thanks!
I would not recommend the Bronco as a pavement only vehicle, and Sas is silly for that usage. But if you're wife really wants a Bronco for the image or whatever, you can easily put some larger tires on later if that look is desired. Maybe some 33/34's? (I put 35" on mine no problem.)
Sponsored