Sponsored

Screw You finance manager that told my wife that he would sue me for slander if I posted anything negative!

RalBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
As was mentioned, there's a balanced way to handle these kinds of things while remaining safe legally. Clarify with them that you are only going to write a review that states the facts that have occurred. Especially if they try to threaten you with slander. Don't come out guns blazing with "i'm gonna take you to the cleaners so no one ever does business with you again!" etc.
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Uh, no.

No would of worked just fine, nobody forced him to purchase, the vehicle has a warranty , and he could bought a extended warranty after he left the lot. Nobody coerced him, he agreed of his own free will. It’s called being an adult. All you have got to do is look at who the warranty is from, just like looking at the sales sheet to find out if there is adm. technically they didn’t lie. You know the part where he found out what company was providing the the extended warranty, he could of done that before he signed.
Hindsight is always 20/20... Or no one is as perfect as you in a transaction...

OP
OP
jaboticaba

jaboticaba

Outer Banks
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 Chevy Truck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hindsight is always 20/20... Or no one is as perfect as you in a transaction...
Yes, I found out that there are a lot professional and experienced car buyers out there. They probably never had to learn with their experiences in how to deal with one of the most deceptive business. It all came natural to them, maybe a super power

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, I found out that there are a lot professional and experienced car buyers out there. They probably never had to learn with their experiences in how to deal with one of the most deceptive business. It all came natural to them, maybe a super power
insightful. Anyone who can match the tricks of dealers is a hero.

Also there is no way a dealership is going to say they have a reputation to uphold. Kinda like a pimp saying they are kind and respectful and run an honest business.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
22 years ago I purchased my first new car, a 2000 Toyota echo. Me, a 25yo kid buying a car by himself, the sales lady was a beautiful woman with huge "attributes", she even modeled on TV at the time.
Long story short, I signed a financing deal at 12.5% on that $12k car without even knowing...:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Chrisnich

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We just purchased a Ford ESP 5 years/ 100k mile from Grainger Ford - Zach for $1,030.00.
Unfortunately, the Ford Dealer tried to screw us as the finance manager deceptively sold us a crappy service contract product from Protective Asset for $3,900.00. Protective Asset reviews are just horrible. I say deceptively because the finance manager kept saying that "Ford will take care of any issues", assuming that if I'm buying a Ford vehicle at Ford Dealer, naturally I would be purchasing a Ford extended warranty. We later found out and canceled the contract. Thank you WA state for having good consumer protection laws for service contracts.
So if you are going to Harris Ford, don't buy any extended service contract. They will probably deceive you.
You actually don't have to read them or make any comments. But since you asked, I'm pissed off!
Maybe you have a great time when someone tried to screw with you. We worked really hard to be the best and most honest people. We saved quite of bit of money and despite all the best intentions we walked into a lion's den.
You had to work hard to be the "best and honest" people? Why not be that naturally and work hard at paying attention to your paperwork before you sign? This not something new. You aren't unique. Finance managers attempt this all the time. That's why you get your head out of your a$$ and read everything.

OP
OP
jaboticaba

jaboticaba

Outer Banks
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 Chevy Truck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You had to work hard to be the "best and honest" people? Why not be that naturally and work hard at paying attention to your paperwork before you sign? This not something new. You aren't unique. Finance managers attempt this all the time. That's why you get your head out of your a$$ and read everything.
You are so right and smart that it actually me cry. May the universe continue to bless you and keep this way until the day you no longer breathe. So inspiring!

Chrisnich

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You are so right and smart that it actually me cry. May the universe continue to bless you and keep this way until the day you no longer breathe. So inspiring!
Wow. Sad that you haven't been exposed to intellect before that you cry when you are. Your life sounds very sad.

Sunny2020

Raptor
First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 F150, 2018 Tiger 800, 53 Chevy 3100, 75 LUBR.
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We just purchased a Ford ESP 5 years/ 100k mile from Grainger Ford - Zach for $1,030.00.
Unfortunately, the Ford Dealer tried to screw us as the finance manager deceptively sold us a crappy service contract product from Protective Asset for $3,900.00. Protective Asset reviews are just horrible. I say deceptively because the finance manager kept saying that "Ford will take care of any issues", assuming that if I'm buying a Ford vehicle at Ford Dealer, naturally I would be purchasing a Ford extended warranty. We later found out and canceled the contract. Thank you WA state for having good consumer protection laws for service contracts.
So if you are going to Harris Ford, don't buy any extended service contract. They will probably deceive you.
They can’t and won’t. Just some bs threats. Ignore the threat, just a tooL.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You actually don't have to read them or make any comments. But since you asked, I'm pissed off!
Maybe you have a great time when someone tried to screw with you. We worked really hard to be the best and most honest people. We saved quite of bit of money and despite all the best intentions we walked into a lion's den.
"Lion's den." Very true if you're not careful. I avoided a lion's den last time I bought a car. When it came time to talk to the "finance" guy, who is actually a closer, I refused to go into his office. I insisted that we talk at a table in the middle of the showroom so that all customers could see what was going on.
It took him out of his comfort zone and put him in mine. I just told them that I was the customer and they were going to do it my way or not at all.

I did it because I knew that's when dealers try to add on things you don't need and often don't want. That's when your "agreed upon" price seems to creep up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaboticaba

jaboticaba

Outer Banks
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 Chevy Truck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"Lion's den." Very true if you're not careful. I avoided a lion's den last time I bought a car. When it came time to talk to the "finance" guy, who is actually a closer, I refused to go into his office. I insisted that we talk at a table in the middle of the showroom so that all customers could see what was going on.
It took him out of his comfort zone and put him in mine. I just told them that I was the customer and they were going to do it my way or not at all.

I did it because I knew that's when dealers try to add on things you don't need and often don't want. That's when your "agreed upon" price seems to creep up.
As car manufacturer, I would be so embarrassed that my products reputation gets reduced to deceptive sales practices.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As car manufacturer, I would be so embarrassed that my products reputation gets reduced to deceptive sales practices.
I wouldn't have done that, but I had observed how the guy was handling other customers and decided he wouldn't treat me that way.

It really depends on the dealer and their practices. I think that, in general, the manufacturers are getting tired of some dealers giving the industry a bad image.

KSJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia,F250,Camry,Harley,Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We need to start a forum that references dirty dealing dealerships so anyone needing a used or new vehicle will be made aware of it and can go to a reputable dealer for a better experience. We can name it “Beware Double Dealing Dealers” !!

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We need to start a forum that references dirty dealing dealerships so anyone needing a used or new vehicle will be made aware of it and can go to a reputable dealer for a better experience. We can name it “Beware Double Dealing Dealers” !!
How about celebrate the honest ones, because there are probably fewer good stories out there than bad.

KSJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia,F250,Camry,Harley,Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Honest dealers should be the only ones to get any orders. Post them and we can celebrate ordering from them only.
Sponsored