First Name
brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello everyone, I would like to replace the front axle of my Bronco Base with the M210 version. What is the purpose of the component on M190? After replacing it with M210, how should I handle the original plug?

微信图片_20230916110050.jpg

微信图片_20230916105555.jpg
Sponsored

builtMIbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond on 37s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's the Front-Axle Disconnect/FAD. Zip tie the old, unused plug out of the way. I raveled mine up as far as I could pretty much to the firewall and zip tied it behind the fender liner.

OP
OP

brockbrock

Base
First Name
brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's the Front-Axle Disconnect/FAD. Zip tie the old, unused plug out of the way. I raveled mine up as far as I could pretty much to the firewall and zip tied it behind the fender liner.
Thank you for your response. So, can I simply replace the M210 front axle directly without worrying about these wires and just bundle them up? Will it throw any fault codes?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can use Procal to program for FAD delete instead of wiring extra parts up.

builtMIbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond on 37s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for your response. So, can I simply replace the M210 front axle directly without worrying about these wires and just bundle them up? Will it throw any fault codes?
No, you'll need the ford procal tuner to disable the FAD or you'll have codes. Once disabled those wires don't do anything though and you can ravel 'em up like I was saying.

Sponsored
OP
OP

brockbrock

Base
First Name
brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, you'll need the ford procal tuner to disable the FAD or you'll have codes. Once disabled those wires don't do anything though and you can ravel 'em up like I was saying.
Understood, but I'm in China, and Procal can't connect to the server for updates. I can only modify some of the car's settings. I wonder if there's a way to solve this?