First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I plan on swapping to a 210 in the very near future, I’ve searched this forum to no avail. Has anyone found a way around the FAD issue without buying the Ford Performance pro cal? I mean I can buy it, but I’d just rather save the 900$ if I can. Can I not just leave the solenoid bolted inside the frame rail, or is there something I’m missing? I saw where one guy had done something similar. No new update on the thread. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I plan on swapping to a 210 in the very near future, I’ve searched this forum to no avail. Has anyone found a way around the FAD issue without buying the Ford Performance pro cal? I mean I can buy it, but I’d just rather save the 900$ if I can. Can I not just leave the solenoid bolted inside the frame rail, or is there something I’m missing? I saw where one guy had done something similar. No new update on the thread. Thanks in advance.
There's no new update on that thread because he decided to just get the ProCal for a cleaner install. But yes you must have seen that he did do what you suggested and it worked. So if you want to have that assembly riding around under there you're welcome to. I faced the same dilemma and ultimately came to the same conclusion. I waited until the Black Friday deals and got the Ford Performance ProCal for $600. I've been paying attention too, and have seen no other developments on the issue. I know it sucks, especially for those who don't care about the performance boost, to have to pay just to program the FAD delete.

OP
OP
BigK

BigK

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There's no new update on that thread because he decided to just get the ProCal for a cleaner install. But yes you must have seen that he did do what you suggested and it worked. So if you want to have that assembly riding around under there you're welcome to. I faced the same dilemma and ultimately came to the same conclusion. I waited until the Black Friday deals and got the Ford Performance ProCal for $600. I've been paying attention too, and have seen no other developments on the issue. I know it sucks, especially for those who don't care about the performance boost, to have to pay just to program the FAD delete.
Yeah if I really wanted a performance boost, I feel like I’d have it dyno tuned if possible. I just want to be able to run the 210 without paying the 900$

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can mount the FAD unit and leave it plugged in. The fad cable is long enough to move it into the engine bay. I would do this and be done.

Before I ruined my fad actuator by trying to figure out a work around. I figured out you can get away with just using the actuator instead of the full housing. It is its logic based and was working without the magnet in the actuator. Then I epoxied it to death to make it solid and it stopped working.

The pro cal tuning junked my automatic 4wd while in motion and my goat modes don't really work currently. If you select a goat mode it kicks into 2wd if in high range. I have to come to a complete stop to go into 4hi for some electronic reason. Ford Performance can't talk technical when you call in, they are worthless.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can mount the FAD unit and leave it plugged in. The fad cable is long enough to move it into the engine bay. I would do this and be done.

Before I ruined my fad actuator by trying to figure out a work around. I figured out you can get away with just using the actuator instead of the full housing. It is its logic based and was working without the magnet in the actuator. Then I epoxied it to death to make it solid and it stopped working.

The pro cal tuning junked my automatic 4wd while in motion and my goat modes don't really work currently. If you select a goat mode it kicks into 2wd if in high range. I have to come to a complete stop to go into 4hi for some electronic reason. Ford Performance can't talk technical when you call in, they are worthless.
My friend I helped do the swap has the same situation with the 4wd has to slow to under 3mph or stop. Being you had the FAD I wonder if it is a Transfer case issue with the standard T case not having the clutch pack like the advanced case does. Without the FAD there is less to no slippage when going into 4H.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My friend I helped do the swap has the same situation with the 4wd has to slow to under 3mph or stop. Being you had the FAD I wonder if it is a Transfer case issue with the standard T case not having the clutch pack like the advanced case does. Without the FAD there is less to no slippage when going into 4H.
With how fast the transfer case engages I think the system was designed for transfer case to engage and the fad to be the final engagement slowly. I am of the opinion Ford is trying to reduce the front shock load. I doubt your hurting anything, I think it's to make sure full engagement.

I think the original being off power to shift was acceptable this stopping is unrealistic for road driving.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

super simple forscan VIN swap ( to a M210 VIN) then a FDRS PMI and configuration will COMPLETELY FIX THIS. you can toss that part in the garbage b because the truck will now think that it was a SAS equipped truck with a m210 housing instead of your 190.

Obviously You change your VIN back at the end to your original

Too bad your so far away from me, it would take a total of about 20 minutes with a laptop.

OP
OP
BigK

BigK

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
super simple forscan VIN swap ( to a M210 VIN) then a FDRS PMI and configuration will COMPLETELY FIX THIS. you can toss that part in the garbage b because the truck will now think that it was a SAS equipped truck with a m210 housing instead of your 190.

Obviously You change your VIN back at the end to your original

Too bad your so far away from me, it would take a total of about 20 minutes with a laptop.
Exact info I was looking for! Thanks!

Wobblez

Black Diamond
First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im about to swap my m190 out for the m210 this weekend. I’m not super excited about the coming to a stop to switch to 4wd but at least I’ll have a front locker now I guess. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:

Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im about to swap my m190 out for the m210 this weekend. I’m not super excited about the coming to a stop to switch to 4wd but at least I’ll have a front locker now I guess. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Does yours have the FAD? Not all M190's do...

Wobblez

Black Diamond
First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah I’m pretty sure it does. There’s a little actuator on it. I was under the impression that was the fad actuator.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah I’m pretty sure it does. There’s a little actuator on it. I was under the impression that was the fad actuator.
I've wondered about this as well. Do you have the Advanced Transfer case? With 4A.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t I just have the 4hi and 4low.
Well hopefully after @Snacktime 's issue maybe someone at Ford will fix the bug, or maybe it isn't supposed to work like Snacktime's and his is the one off.
Sponsored