First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I dabble in some day trading. When I make a trade, I'm risking x with the hope to make y.

So, how much will you have at risk tied up in the Bronco? How much do you expect to make? Is that potential profit worth the risk?

Personally, outside of the icky-ness of it, that math doesnt work for me, but we all have a different risk threshold. Mine is low.
Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It'll be interesting to see, the flippers have pretty much went away, but when the Raptor came out it got crazy, and that was big part of why they had huge ADM's. The biggest issue with the Raptor was it was North America only, so we'd have buyers offer well over sticker with the intention of exporting them to the middle east, after a while Ford came out with a list of "do not sell" customers and eventually wanted to verify they were titled so tax was paid.

Not sure if Bronco is being sold world wide or not.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At the risk of sounding like a prick, is anyone else considering going through with both (if you made two) reservations and building out one to "flip"? Now that I'm writing this it occurs to me that this idea is the equivalent to a dealer mark-up which we are all clearly sensitive too. IF, and that's a a big IF, this was done, what trim level would you build? Base+sasquatch?
That sounds like scalping to me. Maybe not illegal, but questionable.

That said, I don't see anything improper with immediately listing your single purchase for sale if you receive an early vehicle. If it doesn't sell, you get to enjoy the vehicle immediately. If it sells, then you can pocket the dough, reorder, and wait for a replacement. No harm, no foul.

Don't forget that any profit would need to be reported to IRS as a capital gain...

Last edited:

Sponsored

mrklas

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like money and I like cars. And making money from cars is something I find way to risky. A few observations - cars are depreciating assets - except for some Ferrari's and Bugatti's.

Remember dealerships are the direct customer to Ford (hence Tesla's necessity of some many lawsuits) and Ford is likely using the reservation system to minimize Dealer Mark-ups in addition to gauging demand.

It's quite possible (if not likely) the cancellation of orders or the titling of reserved Bronco's not to the reservation holder will result in a 'lost' allocation volume for the dealer.

striker79

Badlands
First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 jkur
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m gonna be interesting in how many deposits dealerships put in to get them on the lot quicker and how high above msrp they will be. Not impractical to think the larger ford dealerships would order base broncos and “galpanize” them for huge profits.

FeistyMint

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Pace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At the risk of sounding like a prick, is anyone else considering going through with both (if you made two) reservations and building out one to "flip"? Now that I'm writing this it occurs to me that this idea is the equivalent to a dealer mark-up which we are all clearly sensitive too. IF, and that's a a big IF, this was done, what trim level would you build? Base+sasquatch?
Yes, you have admitted what you suggest may put you in a bad light in the eyes of others. If this were to happen on a large scale, it would no doubt create a competitve market where many would just walk away. There will be a small number (compared to all) that will pay a noticeable premium to be an early adopter, but in a year, anyone will be able to walk into a Ford dealer and buy/order a Bronco. So I doubt this venture would bring profit worth the risk. But hey, give it a shot! You may be abe to capitalize on a small window of opportunity.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't think it would be worth my time. Only way you have a shot at making a few bucks would be on a FE. You'd have to find someone that really wants a FE bad enough that wasn't able to get in on the reservervation. Plus they'd have to be willing to pay a few thousand over sticker. Which according to form members would be hard to find. I have two FE'S on order. If my wife decides on another vehicle, I'd rather turn over reservervation to a forum member (if possible) than make money off it. I guess I'm all about the good karma thing.

Sponsored

SouthernBronco6g

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't think it would be worth my time. Only way you have a shot at making a few bucks would be on a FE. You'd have to find someone that really wants a FE bad enough that wasn't able to get in on the reservervation. Plus they'd have to be willing to pay a few thousand over sticker. Which according to form members would be hard to find. I have two FE'S on order. If my wife decides on another vehicle, I'd rather turn over reservervation to a forum member (if possible) than make money off it. I guess I'm all about the good karma thing.
Actually I don’t think it would be that hard to make money on selling a FE for someone who wanted one of 7k and didn’t get It. Whether you sold it or turned the reservation over it would still be going to someone who wanted it?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Actually I don’t think it would be that hard to make money on selling a FE for someone who wanted one of 7k and didn’t get It. Whether you sold it or turned the reservation over it would still be going to someone who wanted it?
Okay you talked me into it. How much is someone out there willing to give me over sticker. Lol ?

SouthernBronco6g

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Okay you talked me into it. How much is someone out there willing to give me over sticker. Lol ?
Ha I got a FE reserved to. Waiting till things get closer to orders to see wtf is going on in terms of delivery time, etc., not projections of everything.

Dakotaunchained

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC 2500 Denali, 2019 Indian Chief
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just look at what the “used” C8 corvettes are selling for right now. I think it’s a great investment. A lot of rich guys are going to see broncos on the road, walk into a ford dealership, and be frustrated when they can’t get one immediately regardless of how much money they have. Then they see a highly optioned one for sale with 100 miles listed for $70k that they can have tomorrow....why not? Raptors had $15k-$20k dealer markups where I live and they sold quickly. And speaking of risk, even if you don’t make a huge profit on it I can’t see you taking a huge hit.

Stojanowski

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just bumping this thread for poops and giggles... Think these guys who ordered a second one might be making some dough now
Sponsored