Sponsored

Should I Trade my 22 Wrangler for a Bronco?

mamamoose

Big Bend
First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Taurus, 2019 Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Personally, I feel like the Bronco has the best stock stance. I got a Big Bend. I always felt like I was going to flip a jeep rounding a corner or hydroplane when it was raining. I do not feel that way in my Bronco. I haven't had to deal with substantial snow yet, but I'm excited to see how she handles in that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
shnider10

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep was finally forced to offer 35ā€™s on the Wrangler thanks to the Bronco. That $4k Xtreme Recon package is pretty sweet.
The stance of the XR package is really what sold me on going in on the Jeep. I wouldnā€™t have done it otherwise. Iā€™m not a mechanically inclined guy and itā€™s perfect for the trails I take the Jeep on.

Bronco Bob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 1994 Bronco, 2009 F150, 2017 F 250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently purchased a 22 JLU Willys XR fully loaded for $53K brand new. Itā€™s an awesome rig and more than capable for my uses. The stance is great on the 35s and it just looks incredible. The cabin is a little small but not unbearable and I recently had Katzskin leather installed.

Just looking for different perspectives from current and future Bronco owners. TIA
1C6A5BA3-4E8C-4A56-8009-621C5E571961.jpeg
8B82ADF9-5527-458A-A9B8-14BC6C5BDF80.jpeg
, I'm a Bronco guy and always have been, I loved them as far back as I can remember. With that being said, I would probably keep the JEEP, that thing is Beautiful and You already are in possession of it! You will likely have to wait for a Bronco.

OP
OP
shnider10

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2020 JLUR and at first I was super stoked to get into the Bronco. Though I am still interested, the waiting game is clearly a negative. In fact, it seems you canā€™t even order one until maybe the end of the year now. Factor in an additional 6-8 months wait (or more), I feel like this is one of those things you circle back to in a couple years. Iā€™m not a fan of paying ADM (especially leading up to a recession), so unless a dealer just happens to have what I want on the lot at a random time, itā€™s really not much of a debate on the ā€œshould I trade it or notā€ question.
Valid points. I do have a 21 reservation at a below invoice dealer. Iā€™m weighing my options for 2023. Iā€™ve been waiting for over a year so I put my order on hold.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently purchased a 22 JLU Willys XR fully loaded for $53K brand new. Itā€™s an awesome rig and more than capable for my uses. The stance is great on the 35s and it just looks incredible. The cabin is a little small but not unbearable and I recently had Katzskin leather installed.

Just looking for different perspectives from current and future Bronco owners. TIA
Looks great! Love it!

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had my Bronco 9 months, I'd never driven a Wrangler, sat in plenty and didn't like it. I'm on vacation and decided to rent a 4dr Wrangler. To me its no comparison. I can touch the passenger side door panel sitting in the driver seat without leaning. It feels a lot smaller inside. Switch locations aren't great especially the window switches. It drives terrible compared to the Bronco mostly on the highway. Power is OK but doesn't feel as peppy as my 2.7 Sasquatch 4dr.

All in all to me there's no comparison between which is a better driver/all around vehicle. Bronco is miles ahead IMO.

KG203

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara Unlimited JL with Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm making a similar decision now. I placed my Bronco order early this year. I was content to wait however long it took. Then both my kids' cars died. After buying a random over-priced used car for one kid, we decided to pass my SUV down to the other kid. Then we walked onto the lot and left with a new 2022 Sahara JL. It had 9 miles on it. I have been driving it for 5 months and I LOVE it. We just took it on a road trip, and it was fantastic. Then yesterday I got my Bronco build date notification. I really thought (since I picked so many deal breakers like a hard top) that I wouldn't see the Bronco till late 2023. I would 100% keep my Jeep except every Bronco I see on the road makes me so envious haha. I hope when it arrives (and if my dealer honors his pricing) I will hate it so the decision wont be so hard. I need a 4X4 to get to my house (easily) and the Jeep and the Bronco were my top picks. We already have a truck. I wish I could keep both.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is a Bronco forum, so opinions here will be biased. Go ask the same question on a Jeep forum and theyā€™ll be biased there too, just the other direction.

I will say this thoughā€¦Jeep was never on my radar. I grew up thinking how cool a lifted Jeep was with its top and doors off. How cool those people were. Then I got older and rode in a Jeep and thought ā€œyeah, this is it, this the dreamā€ā€¦then I grew up. And rented some Jeeps and every time Iā€™ve rented one Iā€™ve left with a feeling of ā€œthis is too cramped for me, this is too small for me, this wonā€™t work for meā€ā€¦.so I stuck with full sized SUV/trucks. Durango, 4Runner, Tundraā€¦then the Bronco came along and here I am. Canā€™t see myself in a Jeep no matter how many I see, and I see a lot of them in Houston.

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What answer would you expect on a bronco page.

Personally not a jeep fan at all so my vote is get the Bronco.

Sponsored

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought from Gupton too, great people, seamless experience. The only thing that prevented me from the XR package is that you can't get it with a manual (one thing Bronco definitely has an advantage on). All of these are valid points on both sides. Some people want more space/wider stance, some don't. I'm kinda like you, if the XR was available in a manual, I'd have that and I'd live without a sway bar disconnect and LSD instead of a locker in a Willy's XR.

My decision will likely come down to a few key things:

-Build/Reliability, right now Jeep has the edge as I've had 0 issues with anything.
-Aftermarket - I really need a solid bikini top option for the summer.
-Arrival Date/Price (Bronco)/Trade in or Sell Price for Jeep - I have roughly $2k in add-ons that would go with the Jeep so that factors in, but if my 2.3 Badlands goes from original $46k to say $50k, that's a no go.

-Driving Time - I may do the Bronco Off-Roadeo just for hell of it, I've only had one IFS vehicle I off-roaded in ('93 Toyota pickup), so I'd like to see the differences on moderate trails.

Good thread without getting too bias.

OP
OP
shnider10

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
shnider10

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had my Bronco 9 months, I'd never driven a Wrangler, sat in plenty and didn't like it. I'm on vacation and decided to rent a 4dr Wrangler. To me its no comparison. I can touch the passenger side door panel sitting in the driver seat without leaning. It feels a lot smaller inside. Switch locations aren't great especially the window switches. It drives terrible compared to the Bronco mostly on the highway. Power is OK but doesn't feel as peppy as my 2.7 Sasquatch 4dr.

All in all to me there's no comparison between which is a better driver/all around vehicle. Bronco is miles ahead IMO.
I test drove one back in 2021 and those are all understandable. Thanks for the input!

OP
OP
shnider10

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm making a similar decision now. I placed my Bronco order early this year. I was content to wait however long it took. Then both my kids' cars died. After buying a random over-priced used car for one kid, we decided to pass my SUV down to the other kid. Then we walked onto the lot and left with a new 2022 Sahara JL. It had 9 miles on it. I have been driving it for 5 months and I LOVE it. We just took it on a road trip, and it was fantastic. Then yesterday I got my Bronco build date notification. I really thought (since I picked so many deal breakers like a hard top) that I wouldn't see the Bronco till late 2023. I would 100% keep my Jeep except every Bronco I see on the road makes me so envious haha. I hope when it arrives (and if my dealer honors his pricing) I will hate it so the decision wont be so hard. I need a 4X4 to get to my house (easily) and the Jeep and the Bronco were my top picks. We already have a truck. I wish I could keep both.
Yeah! Pretty much the same situation. The Bronco looks impressive on the road but I canā€™t decide if itā€™s because itā€™s so new or not. The Jeep is a great vehicle and looks awesome as well. Itā€™s just you see them everywhere. Bronco you donā€™t see them all the time yet. I will say from a looks perspective, the lower trims on the Bronco crushes the looks of the lower trim Jeeps. No comparison.

OP
OP
shnider10

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally, I feel like the Bronco has the best stock stance. I got a Big Bend. I always felt like I was going to flip a jeep rounding a corner or hydroplane when it was raining. I do not feel that way in my Bronco. I haven't had to deal with substantial snow yet, but I'm excited to see how she handles in that.
This is true. I Big Bend vs a Sport the Bronco wins every time from a looks perspective. As the trim levels increase, it levels out. Jeep needs to make power locks/windows and LEDs standard.
Sponsored