Sponsored

Signature LED Headlights or Standard LED Headlights.

NJBronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado Bison
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
About to reorder. Can anyone tell me if the Signature Headlights are any brighter or put out a better light pattern than the standard LEDs? Not sure if it's only cosmetic. $795.00 isn't chump change.
Thanks.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks. My dealer was trying to tell me that the standard lights were halogen...
He's half right, signature lights add LED taillights with a different look, standard are halogen but both front are LED.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got signature lights off ebay. They have a 10% marking with a headlight beam icon, I don't know what that means but its in my head they are slightly brighter but not significantly. I should probably document this better for the forum, but the caveat being I don't know if what I have is exactly the same as stock signature lights. I still have my standards so I should do a side by side comparison, the swap is pretty easy.

OP
OP
NJBronco

NJBronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado Bison
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I got signature lights off ebay. They have a 10% marking with a headlight beam icon, I don't know what that means but its in my head they are slightly brighter but not significantly. I should probably document this better for the forum, but the caveat being I don't know if what I have is exactly the same as stock signature lights. I still have my standards so I should do a side by side comparison, the swap is pretty easy.
It would be interesting.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks only. the DRLs look different.

Sponsored

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About to reorder. Can anyone tell me if the Signature Headlights are any brighter or put out a better light pattern than the standard LEDs? Not sure if it's only cosmetic. $795.00 isn't chump change.
Thanks.
I agree - I don't think there's much of a difference between the brightness of signature vs standard headlights. They are both LEDs... and Ford... who has historically been very cheap on factory lighting... ponied up for LEDs on all packages... for safety reasons. Ironically, it didn't help. Here's how the LED lighting fared in safety testing:

"Meanwhile, the headlight system scored just a "marginal" rating on a four-point scale that goes from poor to marginal to acceptable to good"

"As a result of the findings released Wednesday, Bronco failed to win one of two coveted "Top Pick" safety award ratings that many consumers consider when shopping. The results may also impact insurance rates."

"The marginal headlight performance is discouraging, but the Bronco isnā€™t alone there," said Joe Young, spokesperson for the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, an Arlington, Virginia-based nonprofit group funded by insurance companies that works to reduce deaths and injuries."

I had a Basesquatch on order before I found this Badsquatch... and I actually prefer the base lighting with the amber DRLs. A little FORSCAN tweak, and now you've got the best of both worlds (at least when the headlights are off).

Screenshot_20220921-095631_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
NJBronco

NJBronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado Bison
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I agree - I don't think there's much of a difference between the brightness of signature vs standard headlights. They are both LEDs... and Ford... who has historically been very cheap on factory lighting... ponied up for LEDs on all packages... for safety reasons. Ironically, it didn't help. Here's how the LED lighting fared in safety testing:

"Meanwhile, the headlight system scored just a "marginal" rating on a four-point scale that goes from poor to marginal to acceptable to good"

"As a result of the findings released Wednesday, Bronco failed to win one of two coveted "Top Pick" safety award ratings that many consumers consider when shopping. The results may also impact insurance rates."

"The marginal headlight performance is discouraging, but the Bronco isnā€™t alone there," said Joe Young, spokesperson for the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, an Arlington, Virginia-based nonprofit group funded by insurance companies that works to reduce deaths and injuries."

I had a Basesquatch on order before I found this Badsquatch... and I actually prefer the base lighting with the amber DRLs. A little FORSCAN tweak, and now you've got the best of both worlds (at least when the headlights are off).

Ford Bronco Signature LED Headlights or Standard LED Headlights. Screenshot_20220921-095631_Gallery
Interesting and thanks for your perspective. I have the signature lights on my Raptor but placing an order for a Heritage for my wife.
i didnā€™t think to look at the IIHS data. Good info.
My previous vehicles were a Colorado ZR2 Bison and a Ram 1500.
in both cases the headlights were horrible especially for 50K vehicles. Yet our 2012 VW Touareg and 2017 Volvo, the headlights are great.
I think Iā€™ll stick with the base LEDs, look into the FORSCAN tweAl you mention, and possibly add a second set of fog lights (Like I have on the Raptor).

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. I saw that The taillights get upgraded. Not a big factor for me. Thx.

The standard taillights are fine except for the backup lights. It's very easy to swap out the bulb for a much brighter LED.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks like an improvement to high beans with signature lights but not low beams. Neither are great so the addition of fog and driving lights make a lot of sense...
Sponsored