Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Y'all don't get that "wintery mix" wet slushy snow stuff that rains from the sky and freezes when it hits surfaces? It gets kicked up in goose tails from vehicles in front of you that sticks to the front of your car like so many spit balls? It's like sticky salty mud slush... sometimes, depending on the conditions, you have to pull over to clear your windshield wipers of ice because they straight up stop working and just smear water and slush back and forth? And it sticks and coats your headlights diffusing the light and greatly diminishing their efficacy to the point where it feels like you're driving around at night with just your parking lights on?

Serious statement: I wonder if some of our snow is just wetter here in New England...

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 15.11.55.png
I know in Canada at least Eastern snow, is much different than Prairie snow. Here in Manitoba it just blows around and doesn't stick. When I lived in Nova Scotia it was a wet/icy/sticky/snotty/fuckin mess that would build up and it would hover around freezing. Different beast for sure.
Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't know that was a thing.

In a Land Rover I had back in the day it had a heated windshield. Definitely helped with defrosting and melting heavy snow as it came down. The biggest drawback was if the sun was at the right (or wrong?) angle, you could see the wires and it was a tiny bit distracting.
My Rover's had gone horribly wrong and only heated about 4 inches of the screen... but it heated those 4 inches very well lol

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn’t even know this was a thing.

“The more you know”

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say no considering my fully optioned f150 doesn't have them. I'd like heated wipers before the headlights if they did something in the Bronco, but appears Ford is moving away from those too.
Loved the heated wipers on my Subaru, after seeing how simple and effective it was it seemed like such a no-brainer to put them on cars. Shame that Ford had them and just decided to stop using them.

As far as the headlights go, you can even see this problem on the traffic lights here in CO. When there's a good wet, blowing snow it's easy to tell which lights are LED and which aren't. Sometimes you can't even see the lights on the LED ones.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What's this "snow" y'all are talking about? ;)

Sponsored

OLANDR

Wildtrak
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will the turn signals be heated? What about the turn signal switch? Will that be heated?
What about the license plate? Heated or not?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can’t tell if this thread is a joke or not.... I hope it is
What would be the joke? Is it funny to lose lights in the snow? Wasn’t for me. Was going over Homestake Pass in MT when the lights went out. No one was laughing.

You can definitely buy heated LEDs, but I don’t know if the Bronco lights will be warm enough. Anyone who has actually used LEDs in wet snow knows it’s an issue. This is a problem specific to LEDs as other type lights produce enough heat on their own.

I would guess this was more a problem with early LEDs before it was a known problem. Most now probably factor heat in with the size and placement of the heat sink.

Last edited:

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had aftermarket Trucklite LED headlights on my Wrangler. Snow would build up after a while but it never got so bad to cause an issue.

Some aftermarket light manufactures do offer heated light assemblies:
215608.jpg

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Loved the heated wipers on my Subaru, after seeing how simple and effective it was it seemed like such a no-brainer to put them on cars. Shame that Ford had them and just decided to stop using them.

As far as the headlights go, you can even see this problem on the traffic lights here in CO. When there's a good wet, blowing snow it's easy to tell which lights are LED and which aren't. Sometimes you can't even see the lights on the LED ones.
Agree 100%. MY F150 headlights are huge and they're always coated over with ice as recent as earlier this week. And Ford stopped with the heated wipers on their 2021 trucks.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's this "snow" y'all are talking about? ;)
We have that snow where we get 8" one day and its all melted off within 48hrs. Was single digits here earlier this week and its back in the 50s and 70s by the weekend lol.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will the turn signals be heated? What about the turn signal switch? Will that be heated?
What about the license plate? Heated or not?
Not for CA owners no. Maybe you should look into different blinker fluid if you're wanting that in southern CA:cool:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had aftermarket Trucklite LED headlights on my Wrangler. Snow would build up after a while but it never got so bad to cause an issue.

Some aftermarket light manufactures do offer heated light assemblies:
Ford Bronco are the LED headlights heated ? 215608
Yeah it isn't the snow but the ice that builds up on the headlights. Not a deal breaker for me but definitely see how it affects my f150 during winter.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Quick search on JL Wrangler Forums shows that the LED's from Jeep can have issues with the snow.
That does it! I am cancelling my Wrangler order right now. They can't get anything right. Jeep has totally screwed up this headlight snow thing.
Sponsored