Sponsored

Single Outlet / High Tuck Exhaust with Reasonable Sound?

Triceratops

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 speed Huffy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you know anyone who has installed it and has made any sound clips?

I saw the one on Corsa YouTube page but can't tell if I like it more than the AFE Vulcan or the Borla Touring
Sound clips don’t really matter as the microphones are all different and don’t really do any of them justice.
Sponsored

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sound clips don’t really matter as the microphones are all different and don’t really do any of them justice.
How should I decide what to buy? I've never changed an exhuast system on a car and don't want to buy something I hate, especially since I'm learning as I go, If that makes sense.

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m installing a system tomorrow took some db measurements of the stock exhaust and will take some of the new exhaust.

John P.

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Corsa turn-down on my 2.3L. Here’s my review that has been posted to the Corsa site:

All Upside — 2.3L Four Cylinder Turndown (Manual Bronco)

Super easy to install when you’re not needing to dial-in tips to perfection, compared to the (visible) double tips that Corsa also sells. I bought a cheap exhaust hanger removal tool from Amazon that broke immediately, but was able to repair it and get the install done. Maybe just under 2 hours to finish the remove & replace, including fixing the cheapie tool. No need to lift the Bronco—the Badlands (non-Sasquatch) was plenty easy to crawl and work under using the cardboard from the Corsa box.

My last two cars that I did exhaust mods to were an Audi RS3 (5 cylinder) and an Audi S5 (V8), so that’s my frame of reference.

This Corsa is subtle, but I think that’s actually a good thing. No drone whatsoever. You will absolutely not grow tired of this. It will not wake up your neighbors on cold starts. It adds a nice growl and enough volume that I can shift by ear even better.

There’s a hint of rasp and snaps when revving—gotta love manual transmissions. There’s just no downside to this part, especially if you buy it for a decent price. I haven’t yet had anyone drive my car so I could hear the exhaust from outside, but I’ve been told the note is a lot better. For now, Corsa’s video will have to suffice for me.

Does this sound as good as a normally-aspirated Audi 4.2L V8 manual after deleting several cans? No, unfortunately. But is it quite a bit better than stock and no-doubt-about-it livable? Yes. You won’t regret this one.

John P.

Happy to answer any questions about it.
Sponsored