Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Brand is called Fabbri, from Italy

https://www.fabbri.info/en/collezioni/gringo-ski-gringo-ski-board/

Never been an issue
I am doing the Med Yakima Roof Rack. will have space for skis. Easy to fab up mounts and allows for additional flex cargo space. (have 2dr)

Not sure why folks are worried about water, crud and related when skis are generally in water, crud and related as a matter of purpose. Also, with snow fall this year, you are going to take some core shots so a chip from a random (albeit very infrequent) road rock during travel should be the least of your worries.

Thule has a rack for the bronco
Thule Pulse M Rooftop Cargo Carrier. x
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am doing the Med Yakima Roof Rack. will have space for skis. Easy to fab up mounts and allows for additional flex cargo space. (have 2dr)

Not sure why folks are worried about water, crud and related when skis are generally in water, crud and related as a matter of purpose. Also, with snow fall this year, you are going to take some core shots so a chip from a random (albeit very infrequent) road rock during travel should be the least of your worries.

Thule has a rack for the bronco
Thule Pulse M Rooftop Cargo Carrier. x
For me it’s an issue with dirt and grime building up on the equipment. Once parked, there’s typically a 1/4 mile walk to the lift. Carrying skis on my shoulder covered in wet mud and salt is not really something I care to do. Nor do i want to take the time to wipe them down before carrying them. Just don’t see what would be so hard for Yakima or Thule to make a vertical version of their roof boxes and make them hitch mounted.

SwissBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, JL, Hummer H1,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am kind of active on the can am, hummer, escalade, wrangler and jet boat forums, but i must admit - Bronco owners have the most weird thoughts and home made issues.

Of course i like you all, amazing forum this is. 🍻

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m getting the 2 door. I had someone measure for me on their 2 door and you can fit 2 pair of 184cm BC skis in the vehicle and the tips or tails just go up on the center console. I plan on just throwing my skis in a ski bag so I don’t scuff anything up. I do the same thing now on my small Subaru Crosstrek and doesn’t bother me and one other passenger.

Fitting a pair off 210cm XC skis probably won’t work however. But won’t know until Bronco shows. Fitting snowboards in might suck however.

A roof rack would be nice, but I couldn’t deal with the additional road noise especially with our Wyoming winds.

LatinoComedian

Badlands
First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge, 2021 Mustang Mach-e First Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking this from American Adventure Labs. Take off the side edge pieces and put the skiis in a bag to keep the grime off.

https://americanadventurelab.com/product/mass-spare-tire-platform-stp/

MASS-Spare-Tire-Platform-7.jpeg
I literally got mine last night and it was quite easy to assemble. I tried mounting it on my spare tire this morning and I hit the rear brake light that is over the spare tire. I will look at it a bit later today but I'm curious if anyone knows a simple fix or if it is a matter of looking at it with time.

Sponsored

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I literally got mine last night and it was quite easy to assemble. I tried mounting it on my spare tire this morning and I hit the rear brake light that is over the spare tire. I will look at it a bit later today but I'm curious if anyone knows a simple fix or if it is a matter of looking at it with time.
Pretty certain you have to remove the third brake light to mount it. The other two people that I know have it, have removed the light. It's not required in my state so can go without.

LatinoComedian

Badlands
First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty certain you have to remove the third brake light to mount it. The other two people that I know have it, have removed the light. It's not required in my state so can go without.
Perfect. Thanks so much!

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Perfect. Thanks so much!
Did you get it on? Trying to pack all the skiis and snowboard in the back tonight, really almost has me making this purchase right now!

LatinoComedian

Badlands
First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you get it on? Trying to pack all the skiis and snowboard in the back tonight, really almost has me making this purchase right now!
I didn't. I have to revive the light over the spare. By the time I got off of work it was getting dark.

section525

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Think you can get a 158, a couple 140s, and a 135 in bags in the back while keeping the seats up for two 11-year-olds?

Sponsored

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Think you can get a 158, a couple 140s, and a 135 in bags in the back while keeping the seats up for two 11-year-olds?
100% no. Only if you don't put them in bags. My board 158 wide, my wife's skiis (not sure on length but she's 5'2") and two kids sized skiis only fit if I don't use bags. I tried last night to put the board and wife's skiis in a shared bag and didn't go well. Don't get anywhere close to fitting width size. Don't fit diagonally at an angle. Only option was to run parallel to car length and have the bag up and over the rear seat. It then blocked my entire rear view and was also right next to the kid's heads.

My board will only fit diagonally in the rear if it's not in the bag. So that's what I did again. That's what I did the first couple trips but was wanting to try the bag.

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m away this weekend skiing with our 2dr. I looked at a bunch of different options for ski transport for the 4 of us. I did not use this option but both Thule and Yakima have racks to convert hitch mounted bike racks to ski racks. The Thule one is over $500 but the Yakima is more reasonable.
Ford Bronco Ski Carrier Options 26226C8B-8D4E-456C-8859-6513F715492A

This shows for the Sport but it goes on the bike rack not the truck so I don’t think the vehicle matters.

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

LatinoComedian

Badlands
First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got it on. I had to remove the 3rd trail light (I'm still wondering if an extender would have prevented me having to do this -State regulations). Once I did that, it went on pretty smooth. You'll have to play around with the arms so they aren't digging into your spare but once you get it, it's pretty snug. I also got the 95L Roam box. I thought I was unique in this config until I saw a few people with the same build. Next, I'm going to see if I can use the holes for the Maxtrack recovery boards for my Exitrac boards. Tomorrow I'll take it out and see if it moves out gives me any trouble.

Here are a couple pictures (sorry it's at night) took me longer to get them on than I originally thought.

One more thing, i want to strap them in through the front of the tire tomorrow when there is daylight. This is tight, but I'm worried about it spinning while I drive. I just did this to hold for now, there are strap pass throughs this way but i like the other way better.

20220122_174930.jpg

20220122_174920.jpg

gobuffs

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
An enclosed ski box solution... (here)

Ford Bronco Ski Carrier Options IMG_0619 - Copy.JPEG