First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 DLX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I placed the order for my Bronco yesterday afternoon. When I was going over the options with the dealer I checked off for the sliding rear tailgate. Strangely it still doesn’t appear in the Build and Price tool. I remember in one of the last Q&As one of the Ford reps said it would be late availability for MY22. I wonder if it’s a glitch in build and price and it’s available or if it’s still delayed? Has anyone else opted for the sliding rear tailgate?

Ford Bronco Sliding Rear Tailgate 54EEF66E-F11A-4FB6-941D-C81BCA3A221C
Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I placed the order for my Bronco yesterday afternoon. When I was going over the options with the dealer I checked off for the sliding rear tailgate. Strangely it still doesn’t appear in the Build and Price tool. I remember in one of the last Q&As one of the Ford reps said it would be late availability for MY22. I wonder if it’s a glitch in build and price and it’s available or if it’s still delayed? Has anyone else opted for the sliding rear tailgate?

No LATE AVAILABILITY MY 2022, means next FALL.

If you find a way to put that on your order, your Bronco will not be available to be built, until after it becomes available.

dmalaquias

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Cayenne S, Audi Allroad
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Well, I thought I did when I converted my 2021 order into a 2022. I couldn't find it in the B&P either so just told my dealer the order code (90F) and asked him to add it. Last week I saw that my rig has been scheduled for the end of January but the Slide-out Tailgate wasn't on the accessory list for my build. I reached out to my rep and apparently he didn't add it. Now I'm afraid if I push the issue it'll move my build back further into 2022. At this point I'd rather get my Bronco sooner vs. have this accessory. I'm not sure why this is a factory install only accessory as the rear storage bin isn't which occupies the same space.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And why not just get it once they're available? Why wait to get built for an add-on?

OP
OP
Dmesser92

Dmesser92

Big Bend
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No LATE AVAILABILITY MY 2022, means next FALL.

If you find a way to put that on your order, your Bronco will not be available to be built, until after it becomes available.
Not the answer I wanted but thanks for the info. Guess I’ll be calling my dealer in a few days to have it taken off.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have a part number for this thing yet? I know its not available at this time.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I thought I did when I converted my 2021 order into a 2022. I couldn't find it in the B&P either so just told my dealer the order code (90F) and asked him to add it. Last week I saw that my rig has been scheduled for the end of January but the Slide-out Tailgate wasn't on the accessory list for my build. I reached out to my rep and apparently he didn't add it. Now I'm afraid if I push the issue it'll move my build back further into 2022. At this point I'd rather get my Bronco sooner vs. have this accessory. I'm not sure why this is a factory install only accessory as the rear storage bin isn't which occupies the same space.
I understand that this will be a simple, bolt-in, installation (when it becomes available). Ultimately, I want it too!

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope the aftermarket community comes out with something sooner. I do
Like the Ford stamp in this one though.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

$600 is what’s listed on my order form. It still doesn’t appear in build and price.

I spoke with my dealer this morning about removing the slide out tailgate. I didn’t want to delay it since it’s apparently a late availability item. He said he couldn’t because it’s already been picked up by Ford and received a vin. Tentative build date is 2/14/22! I’m prepared for it to be pushed back but I’m thrilled it’s happening so quickly. If the timeline holds I might be one of the first with the tailgate option.

Ordered: 12/14/21 - No Reservation

Build Date According to Dealer: 2/14/22

Four Door Base

Oxford White

2.3L with Auto

Soft Top

Floor Liners with Carpet Mats

On Road Assistance Kit

First Aid Kit

Slide Out Tailgate
$600!!??? Geez, I guess they know we want it, eh?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dmesser92

Dmesser92

Big Bend
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
$600!!??? Geez, I guess they know we want it, eh?
I guess it’s like anything else these days, over priced and in short supply.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who is calling this a tailgate? I thought it was promoted very early in the advertising as a slide-out table?

OP
OP
Dmesser92

Dmesser92

Big Bend
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Who is calling this a tailgate? I thought it was promoted very early in the advertising as a slide-out table?
Ford’s advertising and the Bronco Nation videos described it as a slide out tailgate. There is a fold out table that mounts to the rear hatch. Probably changed the name to reduce confusion.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the security drawer. I felt it would be a must have with the top off. I do believe there is enough room to fit a flat panel across the top of the drawer, and it's elevated to a good height for me. Could be an option for some looking at the slide out table/tailgate. And it would add the benefit of storage underneath.

d2.jpg

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford’s advertising and the Bronco Nation videos described it as a slide out tailgate. There is a fold out table that mounts to the rear hatch. Probably changed the name to reduce confusion.
Yeah, people were confusing the two early on....table means the fold down, tailgate means the slide out! lol
Sponsored