Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi guys last week I got to "borrow" a set of 37" tires and wheels from work (I work at ICON) so I could do a little bit of pre-testing ahead of a tire and gear change I'm doing soon on my 2-door. The borrowed tires came wrapped around a brand new wheel we're releasing soon at ICON, a set of Recon Pro's, as I was also assigned to get some photos of them for our marketing. These haven't been publicly released yet but I thought I'd break quarantine to give you guys a sneak peek at them. I'll add an official ICON thread on them from my work account, once they've been officially released but until then here are a few pics:

Ford Bronco Sneak peek at a new wheel coming soon from ICON: Recon Pro Recon-Pro-17in_LS02_Hi-Res

These photos are in a finish called Charcoal and they will also be available in Satin Black. They're 17 X 8.5 and for the Bronco bolt pattern will be available in either 0mm or 25mm offset. The ones shown are the 0mm.

Ford Bronco Sneak peek at a new wheel coming soon from ICON: Recon Pro Recon-Pro-17in_LS10_Hi-Res

Like the Rebound Pro, these Recon Pros also have the InnerLock bead retention system, which is essentially a street-legal beadlock that's been discussed at length in the thread for Rebound Pro.

Ford Bronco Sneak peek at a new wheel coming soon from ICON: Recon Pro Recon-Pro-17in_LS11_Hi-Res

These also have removable, replaceable, segmented rock rings. I've gouged up the rims on my Rebound Pros pretty badly so I'm looking forward to this feature on my next set of wheels! They're quarter-rings so you can replace just the sections that get beat up. The bolts that hold them on are protected on the inner side of the wheel lip, and they can be removed/replaced without dismounting the tire.

Ford Bronco Sneak peek at a new wheel coming soon from ICON: Recon Pro Recon-Pro-17in_LS12_Hi-Res

I made a video for my YouTube channel where I talked about them a bit more, so please check it out if interested:

Like I said these haven't been officially released yet so I can't answer specific questions on price and time of availability. I'll have all of that when we are ready to post our official new products thread about them (which I'll do using my @Dusty at ICON profile). But for now, I hope you enjoyed this sneak peek :)

Ford Bronco Sneak peek at a new wheel coming soon from ICON: Recon Pro Recon-Pro-17in_LS04_Hi-Res
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks dusty! will you be at the bronco daze meetup in a couple weeks?

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I prefer the look of my original Rebound Pros it is nice to see Icon offering more wheels with this great bead technology which really works.

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Damn, about a month late for me but.... I might just have to make the switch regardless. The new rash ring along with everything else that was there for the bead retention is key for me.

Do you or can you release specs such as weight for a 17x8.5 ET0?

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The possiblities... 🤔

Ford Bronco Sneak peek at a new wheel coming soon from ICON: Recon Pro 1698172685555

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Damn, about a month late for me but.... I might just have to make the switch regardless. The new rash ring along with everything else that was there for the bead retention is key for me.

Do you or can you release specs such as weight for a 17x8.5 ET0?
31.9 lbs.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

thanks dusty! will you be at the bronco daze meetup in a couple weeks?
Not sure yet, Bronco Daze always comes at a very busy time of year for us. When we do show up there it's always sort of a late decision, and we just camp out at Truckhaven rather than at the resort they hold it at.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very nice wheel!

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I prefer the look of my original Rebound Pros it is nice to see Icon offering more wheels with this great bead technology which really works.
Yeah I like the style on the Rebound Pro better too. But these are growing on me.

Sponsored

Moving Chicane

Badlands
First Name
DP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Germans and an Italian
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I prefer the look of these myself - nice (y)

Can anyone comment on the ICON "Charcoal" color vs. the Method "Titanium" color? Very similar or darker? Very different?

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Now if the Alpha lineup could be done as a pro model 😁

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lots of cool features! The bolt on rock rings are an awesome design. I have always considered wheels on wheeling rigs a consumable.
Yeah me too, sort of. I've never owned anything I tried to keep "nice" LOL.
Sponsored