Sponsored

So does anyone plan on just getting the soft top?

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in the North East. I can’t justify of having of having either the soft top or hard-soft top combination. Can’t have the soft top obviously with the weather in the North East. The hard-soft top combination is just too expensive and not an upgrade package I’m looking to purchase with my Bronco.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I live in the North East. I can’t justify of having of having either the soft top or hard-soft top combination. Can’t have the soft top obviously with the weather in the North East. The hard-soft top combination is just too expensive and not an upgrade package I’m looking to purchase with my Bronco.
I have never lived in the NE, but I will say that I have not noticed any dramatic difference in my JKU between soft top and hard top. Well below freezing, the heater in my JKU was able to keep the cabin toasty warm with a soft top.

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going hard top. I love that I can keep my roof rack on and carry my kayak and still have the front and mid panels off. I feel I get the best of both worlds this way. I also live in the NE but cold is not an issue with a soft top. I had a Wrangler with a soft top and I was never cold. Loud yes, but not cold. My issue with the soft top is how the plastic clear panels will look like even after a year. I feel the upgrade cost of the hard top is minimal and now that I'm switching to BL, I don't mind the grey MIC top.

Space Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 1st Edition, etc...
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All I see are thread after thread of people complaining about the MIC top being gray, or wondering the difference between the MIC top and the painted top, wanting a white top etc. It seems like the vast majority want a hard top and are not even considering the standard soft top. Is this accurate?

I for one, loved the sailcloth top on my JKU. It was reasonably quiet on a vehicle like this, water tight, and easy to drop down to go convertible. I had a hard top, but never used it because it was heavy, cumbersome, and a pain to deal with when you wanted a quick open air experience.

I have not totally decided where I want to go with the Bronco, mainly because Ford has not released many details on the soft top's function.

Exactomundo.
I wanted a soft top. I originally had a hard top. Then someone dropped me on my head when I was a baby. Since then I've been a life long soft top.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would if I could, but getting a 2-door. Sucks that I can't get it with a soft top. Bestop obviously already has it figured out based on the SEMA build.
So as soon as I can put a soft top on it I will and just store the hard top. Maybe put the hard top on for the few weeks of winter we get here. But probably not. Never had hard tops on any of my Wranglers and it wasn't an issue.

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm likely getting the soft top as well but mostly because it comes with the 4-door. I'll also likely be upgrading it to twill cloth and / or switching to modular or late availability hard top.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm likely getting the soft top as well but mostly because it comes with the 4-door. I'll also likely be upgrading it to twill cloth and / or switching to modular or late availability hard top.
I think it's only available in twill cloth

Space Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 1st Edition, etc...
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm going hard top. I love that I can keep my roof rack on and carry my kayak and still have the front and mid panels off. I feel I get the best of both worlds this way. I also live in the NE but cold is not an issue with a soft top. I had a Wrangler with a soft top and I was never cold. Loud yes, but not cold. My issue with the soft top is how the plastic clear panels will look like even after a year. I feel the upgrade cost of the hard top is minimal and now that I'm switching to BL, I don't mind the grey MIC top.
Have you lost your mind? Have you lost your sense of freedom? It's not too late to find salvation in the open air freedom of the convertible world. Trust me. I know what I'm talking about. It's top down all the way. You can fix your problem quite easily. Go for the 4 door soft top. Any 4 door soft top. Your teenagers will love it and so will the teenagers within you. Its top down all the way Baby. If it it rains you just speed up and it flows right over your head.

Last edited:

Sjbiss

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have never lived in the NE, but I will say that I have not noticed any dramatic difference in my JKU between soft top and hard top. Well below freezing, the heater in my JKU was able to keep the cabin toasty warm with a soft top.
Agree with this. I live in Buffalo and have owned multiple Jeeps including my current ride which is a ‘12 JKU. Soft top all year long with no issues. Don’t even notice a difference between the hardtop and softop.

Stevegp

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 mustang gt. F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m also in the Northeast. Hardtop on my 2 door except for the blazing hot summer with a full bimini. Nothing to slash with a bimini , never leave valuables in there and with a Black Diamond washout interior , MGV seats , Im not sure a little rain will hurt.
still not sure how waterproof the dash and touchscreen will be.
Bottom line , it’s a Bronco. TOPS COMING OFF !

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't take off the mid panel with the rack on, just the front two

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think it's only available in twill cloth
Really? I thought that twill was the higher quality cloth and the Bestop version is thicker, better for insulation and sound deadening? If Bestop is indeed making our soft top OEM and it's the higher grade stuff I'll be really excited.

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't take off the mid panel with the rack on, just the front two
How do you know? It only attaches to the rear section so it would seem the mid section could also be removed. Are you saying it won’t clear the space to be removed? Unhook the rack on one side and remove the mid section roof. It can’t come with you so it would need to be done at home anyway. MGV if it rains no big deal. I was planning on having the front and mid roof off all summer long as long as the truck fits in the garage.

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soft top all the way here. Had one on my JK and will love one on my BL! After seeing the soft top video, I'm so happy to see the easy full removal.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you know? It only attaches to the rear section so it would seem the mid section could also be removed. Are you saying it won’t clear the space to be removed? Unhook the rack on one side and remove the mid section roof. It can’t come with you so it would need to be done at home anyway. MGV if it rains no big deal. I was planning on having the front and mid roof off all summer long as long as the truck fits in the garage.
Yeah, it won't clear so you'd have to detach the rails to remove it.
Sponsored