Sponsored

So Ford is basically obliterating dealer allocations, right?

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn't know the whole story. I recall some dealer getting run off and mixed them up. The fact that they offered a deal in the beginning buys a lot of goodwill.
Yeah..what basically happened is a bunch of us went out and got ourselves "xplan eligible". Then Ford decided to not offer Xplan pricing. In case you don't know, X plan was the ONLY tool we had to prevent snake dealers from ripping us off with huge ADM.

Originally we were supposed to be able to use our ability to move our reservations which gave us power over dealers, but then Ford screwed that up too and we had tonlock in our reservations sooner than anticipated.

Well when Ford pulled the plug, and screwed us all, only 3 dealers in the entire United States (At least that could be identified on this forum) offered folks "xplan equivalent pricing", or in the case of Grainger better than.

Sean at Serramonte was one... All be it they put a very specific and tight timeline, but as long as you transferred to their store before their deadline, you got locked into the good deal.

There was another dealer in Southern California that did something similar, not sure if that continued to work out for folks though.

Now that isn't to say people have not found dealers willing to sell AT msrp and not rip you off....but I can tell ya at least in Cali, they are hard to find.

All the dealers in my area have monopolized with each other to make sure everyone's charging extra so I'm very grateful to Serramonte, and now I know specifically Sean is the Man that made it all happen.

The only sucky part is how far I have to drive and the fact that it's in the Bay area :poop:
Sponsored

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I took this to mean that Ford doesn't have the parts to make all the reservation Broncos, so theyre going to make dealer stock broncos with whatever they do have. Any reservation holder will get first available.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I took this to mean that Ford doesn't have the parts to make all the reservation Broncos, so theyre going to make dealer stock broncos with whatever they do have. Any reservation holder will get first available.

You are correct, that's exactly what they said. It's what they didn't say that's the big FU and that is that If they can find no buildable orders, they're going to build dealer stock orders...bit those count towards a dealers 2021 allocation numbers.

Put simply, once a dealer has reached their allocation, Even if it was done via stock orders, then your reservation will not be built, Even if they have the parts now.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Two Bits;

Apologists for Ford are abundant, but in my view; Ford, if you tell us our receiving a Bronc will be based on timestamp, then do it, and let the dealers cry all they want. Customer satisfaction should be THE priority, not dealer satisfaction.
I believe that if you understand that the dealers are Ford's customers (Ford sells to them, then the dealer sells to us.), that all the actions/changes that Ford has forced into the process is taking care of their actual customers, the dealers. Everything they have chosen to change at the expense of the reservationists makes sense and is crystal clear once you approach the situation with that perspective.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the builds are identical, the stock unit won't get built first. Ford always has prioritized customer order over stock.
Gosh THANK YOU! I don't know why it is so hard to understand. If people want a Bronco sooner vs later, they're gonna have to change their build to a soft top. People on here crying that (apparently) Ford should just not build anything if they can't build custom hard top orders is laughable. I have a 2-door, no option for me. I will not be sad if my neighbor pays $5k-$10k over MSRP for a 4 door soft top that I DO NOT WANT. This is a company that is finally making vehicles that people desire, but they don't make the hard top. It's a supplier issue. Either change your build to a soft top so your year long big money $100 you forked over isn't being smacked across your face, or wait and get the Bronco YOU WANT. It sucks, but it's life. Take the glass as half full not half empty.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the crying is coming from the fact that Ford is saying you should forego what you want for what they'll build.

You can get a Bronco any way you want it, as long as it's how they're building them. Goes back a ways, but you can get it any color you want as long as it's black.

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe that if you understand that the dealers are Ford's customers (Ford sells to them, then the dealer sells to us.), that all the actions/changes that Ford has forced into the process is taking care of their actual customers, the dealers. Everything they have chosen to change at the expense of the reservationists makes sense and is crystal clear once you approach the situation with that perspective.
Not sure that's accurate. Ford spends millions of dollars in R&D, advertising and marketing to make their products attractive to the consumer. This is done ultimately to entice you and me to purchase their vehicles. We the consumer are their primary customers. Without us, Ford couldn't stay in business.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there are no buildable customer retail orders in a particular block, ford will build stock broncos instead of building nothing. (These stock units will all be soft tops.)
And I would hope those would also be non-Sasquatch 2.3s without the tow package. Otherwise they would be aggravating the commodity constrains for someones reserved build.

While I understand why they are doing that, I still think it's stinks since there are only so many 2021 build slots so every single dealer stock build means one slot less for reservation orders. That will push many (thousands, tens of thousands?) of reservation orders into MY22, which will in turn push my October reservation/order even later into '22 :(

A bit ago the good news was that they thought they could get all reservation order builds completed by end of Q2 2022. Now it seems that has slipped to end of Q3 2022. It doesn't take much imagination to see that slipping to end 2022. Which unfortunately is longer than my interest span. If my build does slip into '23 I'll still probably keep my order but only to flip it when it eventually does get built since the prince guarantee and Granger discount will likely mean I can buy it for quite a bit less than the street price by then. And it will be different from all the dozens of 4dr soft top 2.3's that the dealers have their lots full of.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think we can assume those will not count toward allocations. Ford has given everyone a chance to modify their order and provided plumbing for soft tops. It shouldnt affect anyones orders. Keeping the lines moving is critical to their business. The constraints are known, so we can all make an informed decision as to what we want to do.
Except for 2drs as there is no solution. I want to accept mine no top and the get hardtop at a later date, but no ford won't this!

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Except for 2drs as there is no solution. I want to accept mine no top and the get hardtop at a later date, but no ford won't this!
They provided plumbing kits for the 4 door soft tops so they are listening. If we propose this to them, they might just go for it. What do we need to do to get their attention.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What are all of the soft tops for 2 doors on the parts list? Are none of those available?

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are all of the soft tops for 2 doors on the parts list? Are none of those available?
Not available to order. I don’t think Ford has a 2dr soft. It’s all besttops.

PleaseDontRoll

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure that's accurate. Ford spends millions of dollars in R&D, advertising and marketing to make their products attractive to the consumer. This is done ultimately to entice you and me to purchase their vehicles. We the consumer are their primary customers. Without us, Ford couldn't stay in business.
+1 Dealers love to think they are the customer and every OEM hires people to make them feel special however the very nature of the dealership arrangement makes Dealer competition non-existent and if a dealer doesn’t play ball in a Geo they’ll be replaced next week.

Ford needs the end customer to buy a Ford instead of a Jeep. 99% of us don’t buy at JohnSmith Ford because we give a damn about JohnSmith or his team, we buy there because they have a monopoly on the market enforced by questionably legal legislation at the state level and that, Bronco6g, is a dealers only contribution to the situation, market manipulation to keep smaller/new auto manufacturers out.
Sponsored