Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would wait until you have a build week before making a move unless you have another rig to tote you around all summer if need be. With microchip issues and everything else, just because it is built doesn't mean you get it. I have a transit and an f150 right now that were built first week of February but still have not shipped so yeah... ugh.
I can ride my motorcycle or ride my bike when my wife is in need of our Explorer. No commute for work. Morning dog park run is my only scheduled need for transportation these days 🤡 I just don’t want to get stuck with two vehicles and insurance when I don’t even really need 1!
Sponsored

OP
OP
thesyncguru

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t believe I’ve ever seen any information that listed FE as a prioritization factor that would preempt the reservation time stamp. Although, it stands to reason that a high percentage of FE’s will be the first rigs built since they were all ordered within the first several hours after reservations opened. The wild card here is the term “late availability”. Late availability is more restrictive than “possible delay” moniker attached to one or more of the 6 deadly sins. Timestamp, not trim level (even FE) is the primary factor for production precedence, in addition to dealer allocation. If you have a late availability item like Black Leather on the FE. If your reservation is after an undetermined time, at some point the deadly sins will begin to effect build times. I believe FWIW, early (first 24 hours reservation holders) will be unaffected by deadly sins and will most likely be receiving a VIN as part of the lucky group (17%?) referenced in this thread. Or......I’m completely wrong about everything. 🙂the good news is we are very close to getting some answers after a long grueling process. Good luck everyone.
I have to agree with your thoughts. FE does mean you reserved early, so you already have a great timestamp. However if Ford doesn't have the wheels, or enough correct colored grab handles or any number of other miniscule part necessary to build a FE then they will skip those until all parts are on hand. It is a simple concept, but tough for all of us waiting to accept. Sure in a perfect world every single bronco would just be built in the order it was originally reserved, but lets face it this world is not perfect. Personally I have several of the deadly sins as well so if it takes until fall or winter to get it I am ok with waiting. That said if I could get it tomorrow I am more than ready as well. I will update this thread when I see our first ones scheduled. Hopefully mine being one of them!

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don’t believe I’ve ever seen any information that listed FE as a prioritization factor that would preempt the reservation time stamp. Although, it stands to reason that a high percentage of FE’s will be the first rigs built since they were all ordered within the first several hours after reservations opened. The wild card here is the term “late availability”. Late availability is more restrictive than “possible delay” moniker attached to one or more of the 6 deadly sins. Timestamp, not trim level (even FE) is the primary factor for production precedence, in addition to dealer allocation. If you have a late availability item like Black Leather on the FE. If your reservation is after an undetermined time, at some point the deadly sins will begin to effect build times. I believe FWIW, early (first 24 hours reservation holders) will be unaffected by deadly sins and will most likely be receiving a VIN as part of the lucky group (17%?) referenced in this thread. Or......I’m completely wrong about everything. 🙂the good news is we are very close to getting some answers after a long grueling process. Good luck everyone.
One exception is all FE's will be built this year. So there is that.

OP
OP
thesyncguru

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m #1 out of 2 at my dealership, but I agree, don’t mean turd if I’m not in the top 17% of all orders. I’m hoping for an early May delivery... ☹

I mean, I am a first 24-hour reservation holder.
Your small dealer percentage is likely entirely different so please do not put any emphasis on the 17% I mentioned, that was based on our allocation at my store alone. I have no insider knowledge on how the select or smaller stores will be divvied out. In all reality it could really benefit you.

Sponsored

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your small dealer percentage is likely entirely different so please do not put any emphasis on the 17% I mentioned, that was based on our allocation at my store alone. I have no insider knowledge on how the select or smaller stores will be divvied out. In all reality it could really benefit you.
Sorry, I was being sarcastic there. I absolutely realize that being 1 of 2 (2 other folks reserved but those reservations had to be cancelled by the dealership apparently) indicates nothing about when I will get my little ass-kicker. I think the fact that I’m a first 24-hour reservation holder likely means more, but I have absolutely no idea.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Fun facts.

FE’s with black leather are already being scheduled in the first group of June builds. Not sure if they have a certain amount or if black leather is no longer late availability. But there will be black leather in the first group.

There were more reservations in the first 24 hours than the 50k 2021 Broncos they will build. Being a first 24 hour reservation does not mean what some seem to think it does.

OP
OP
thesyncguru

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have we ever heard a for sure answer on if FEs will be built/scheduled before earlier timestamps? Many people reserved a non FE before the FE spots were taken so theoretically technically these reservations are ahead of them in line.
Simple answer to that question is No. Only exceptions being these scenarios: A dealer has 3 reservations 2 FE's and one Bigbend, they convert all 3 to orders, they are allocated only 2 from Ford, since FE's are all 2021 only, the bigbend gets pushed even if it was the first one ever reserved. Scenario 2, reservation #1 of a big store with 300 allocations chooses a 2 door manual badlands, Ford realizes they don't have the components on hand to build that one yet, they schedule the FE that was placed an hour later ahead of it in line. Scenario 3 Day 5 reservation Holder BigBend 2.3 auto mid pkg soft top might be the first one ever built if that is what Ford has on hand for day 1 production and doesn't care because eventually they have to build them all, no reason to stop everything for the guy/gal who clicked every single option available to choose from. Too many variables to really speculate.

Now what it does mean: If two people from the same dealership order the exact same build or anything that has all components available for that day/shift etc, same options you name it, Ford will place the earlier reservation holder in production prior to the second. That said a few seconds later on one reservation holder could mean months between production dates if that jerk took the last manual transmission or 12" screen etc.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fun facts.

FE’s with black leather are already being scheduled in the first group of June builds. Not sure if they have a certain amount or if black leather is no longer late availability. But there will be black leather in the first group.

There were more reservations in the first 24 hours than the 50k 2021 Broncos they will build. Being a first 24 hour reservation does not mean what some seem to think it does.
Ya if the 52k number is true there is going to be first dayers on the block for 22s

OP
OP
thesyncguru

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fun facts.

This would be great news for several of my clients!!! If you have proof you can direct message me. I would love to see it and promise not to share

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Fun facts.

I don't know if he is a 100% in the know, but the Ford Brand Manger told me at Moab that Black Onyx was still late availability for FEs..

Hoping he was wrong.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya if the 52k number is true there is going to be first dayers on the block for 22s
What's the time frame for 22's to start production? I know there's already some car makers selling 22's now, so I'm guessing that doesn't actually mean we won't see those until 2022...?

OP
OP
thesyncguru

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's the time frame for 22's to start production? I know there's already some car makers selling 22's now, so I'm guessing that doesn't actually mean we won't see those until 2022...?
Nov 30th last I heard on Bronco

Bronco720

First Edition
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Ford Bronco, 2008 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So yesterday evening WBDO updated the Bronco tab to show availability to schedule the first month's allocation. This will be done over a 2 week period weeks of April 19th & April 26th. That said if you are one of the lucky first 17% or so of this years allocation to get selected you could have a VIN number and build date sooner than expected.

I have no idea which ones they will grab first nor can we speculate anything at this point, but the fact that scheduling is starting is a huge positive for all of us! The % I mentioned above is just the percentage I see for my dealership, yours could differ. I'm hoping mine gets picked up by I'm not holding my breath either. I am sitting at number 10 in my store and that includes most of our first editions, of which most picked the late availability black interior so I've got a chance lol.

Let's get this party started!

Also I'll be at the dealer offroadeo May 17th in Austin, TX if any of you are going let's say hi!
Ford Bronco So production weeks 5/31-6/30 go live week of April 19th! Some of you will get VINs charlie-the-unicorn-shun-the-non-believer
I'm going to try to fly down there May 17th. Live up in Indiana depending on the cost of a flight ✈

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fun facts.

I haven’t read where FEs with black leather are part of the initial group references in this thread. Where did that information come from? If that’s true then FE Black Leather is no longer late availability and is now a deadly sin. Since, that bit of information would undoubtedly change a lot of FE reservation holders build, there should have been an announcement like there was with the original deadly sin/late availability message from Ford.
Sponsored