Sponsored

So the Black Diamond and package options...

Absolomb

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the few reasons I was going for a BD was It's one of the lower end models that offers rubberized flooring with drain plugs and marine grade vinyl seats without having to upgrade to a Badlands and paying extra (I plan on a 4 door as well so factor that in as well) I was interested in the 12" screen and the 360 camera that comes with the "High Package" I'm finding it to be very upsetting that unless I go up a model in this case an OB I lose my rubberized flooring with drain plugs and marine grade vinyl seats just to get the "High Package" or I go up another model to the Badlands to get the High Package and flooring and vinyl seating.....I don't work for El Chapo so I don't have all the money in the world to be fooling with this shit. Long story short I find it to be bullshit that BD is shorted on the "High Package". Hoping they change their minds on this but I "highly" doubt it at that, was hoping I'm not the only one that feels this way btw pardon my French I just find this to be very upsetting and I'm not too happy about this.
Sponsored

Vandy

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with you. Considering BD is a mid trim it truly is a shame they wont offer the high package optional. I can understand not allowing the Lux as those are highest trims.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a dilemma that many are in however there is an easy fix. You have a few options:

1) Buy what you can afford and stick with the BD and lower options
2) Upgrade to the Badlands and pay extra now
3) Delay your purchase and continue to save until you can buy the trim and options you want

I decided on #3. I'm nearly debt free. I sold my Lincoln last month and don't have a car payment right now. I'm driving my 14 year old 230k mile Grand Cherokee and I'm continuing to save until I pick up my Bronco. I'm going with either the Badlands or Wildtrak with Lux.

Mine

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The way I see it is you can either have off-road goodies with the BD *or* tech goodies with the OBX. If they offered both in the same trim there wouldn't be any reason to step up to the higher trims.

Hooray capitalism.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The way that Ford is doing their packages and having all these differences between trims is annoying. You would think that if you go up a trim level that you would get what the trim right below would have and extra for going up, but Ford is separating everything out where depending on the trim you pick you can lose what you want

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't work for El Chapo so I don't have all the money in the world to be fooling with this shit
Another approach is to tell them you DO work for El Chapo and you demand your big screen...or else

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It was mentioned at one of the media events that the outer banks does have the drain plugs in the floor. So I'm wondering if it simply comes with removable carpets on top of the vinyl. If true, that gets you at least part way there. Dosent help with the vinyl, but you can get leather or aftermarket vinyl.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m still kinda sore about Ford offering Rubber floors and Vinyl seats as an upgrade?!?!?!?! On every other truck that is base model stuff but NOOOO the bronco it is considered a premium for some stupid reason. Ok I feel better now. Rant over?

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m still kinda sore about Ford offering Rubber floors and Vinyl seats as an upgrade?!?!?!?! On every other truck that is base model stuff but NOOOO the bronco it is considered a premium for some stupid reason. Ok I feel better now. Rant over?
I’m more mad that I’m willing to pay for it lol. Maybe I’ll thank myself later when I have messy kids spilling sh** everywhere in the future.

Sponsored

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I might be the only one this naive, but aren't the Mid, High, and Lux Packages, just that: Packages? Meaning they bundled together a bunch of options and offer them at a discount through a Package, but buyers can bypass the Package route and order options a la carte?

Sure, the Base doesn't qualify for the Lux Package, but couldn't a buyer still order, separately, an item that is featured in the Lux Package? (Wouldn't it benefit Ford to sell buyers the 12" screen as an option, even if it would run $500+?)

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m more mad that I’m willing to pay for it lol. Maybe I’ll thank myself later when I have messy kids spilling sh** everywhere in the future.
I'm right with you. I'm still stuck on the Black Diamond just for the washout interior. If it was offered as a cost option I'd get a Big Bend.

But on the bright side people have been very vocal about their desire to have washout in all trims. Maybe Ford will make it happen and have carpet and cloth as a minor cost upgrade. Carpet in an XL F-150 is only like $145 and cloth seats are $295.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh I’ve already priced out aftermarket for seats and the price Ford charges most likely will be less than me getting it after so I’ll probably pay for it too lol

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh I’ve already priced out aftermarket for seats and the price Ford charges most likely will be less than me getting it after so I’ll probably pay for it too lol
I want to have the doors and top off 24/7 so need those vinyl seats
Sponsored