Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A sample size of 350 is large and statistics from that sample are very representative of the population. Population being forum members. The 40+% number was a bit surprising to me, but I think that if it is high it is driven by the fact that forum members are enthusiasts that generally have early time stamps relative to the non forum public at large. Perhaps also, very active forum members skew towards early timestamps even more.
That is a convenience sample and every serious researcher knows that is not a representative sample of the population.

There is also significant sample bias because there is no randomization. By your own admission, some members will be more likely to respond than others. That is the definition of sample bias which is an external validity threat to the entire study as well as to population generalizability.

The number of respondents is not what makes a sample representative of a population. You can't make any inferences about the general population based on the data from that sample. You can only make inferences about the actual people who responded, and there is no generalization possible because it was not a randomized sample. Not enough people participated related to the entire membership of B6G to make any assumptions about the entire group.

It may be fun to see the results, which is what this forum is all about, but it cannot be used to represent the entire form as a population.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take this with a grain of salt but there was a thread on bronco nation started by one of the staff talking about how ford might be doing a dealer installed "prep pack" that some people are insinuating that means plumbing and wiring for people who switch to soft top who might want hard top later.

If this ends up being the case i will order the soft top. and im sure thousands will follow

Ford Bronco "Soft Top Cloth w/ Prep Kit" Option Spotted in Ordering System as Possible Hard Top Prewire (For Retrofit Install) f7j7687

It's been confirmed that Ford has added an option for the cloth soft top with prep pack to the dealership ordering system. We know Ford has listened to customers throughout this marathon; and while there's no word on what's included in this pack yet, could this be the ticket to getting your Bronco sooner in the way you want it?
Later the thread was removed/delisted but it still exists in my browser here is the URL

https://thebronconation.com/forums/...prep-pack-to-dealership-ordering-system.4980/

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just so long as people realize that the cost for the hard top later could be higher (than waiting for it now straight from the factory with your Bronco order) and the shipping cost will be huge.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just so long as people realize that the cost for the hard top later could be higher (than waiting for it now straight from the factory with your Bronco order) and the shipping cost will be huge.
this is the case for everyone since the MIC hardtop is inferior to the upcoming modular hard top with removable windows

elbroncodor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But there will also be more top options, including a lot of exciting innovations from the aftermarket down the road. I'm excited for a pop up tent integrated into a hard top like some options for the wrangler. It'd be awesome to just switch tops for camping without screwing around with racks.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With Ford history, there is no way I would buy a $50K Bronco with a soft top with the ability to put on a hard top at some future date that they can't seem to get right. That top will be on national backorder while they build them for the new Bronco's. Will it really fit and who will fit it and how much will it cost. This plan might work for some but it just really stinks. If the Bronco isn't at full production by 9-1, Ford will be beating a dead horse.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even in the unlikely event it was done "the right way" (at no extra cost to the buyer), it's a mixed blessing if Ford ever feels the need to offer such a thing.

Pro: we get the option to switch to soft top without borking the defroster
Con: it's an admission that hard tops are going to be messed up for a looooooooong time

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s a big deal. It’s hard to imagine what else the “Soft top, with prep kit” that showed up in WBDO this week could be (it’s not selectable yet).

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
big enough deal i would basically instantly order it

however im sure thousands would also and it wouldnt budge my place in line

also i have a 2 door

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

however im sure thousands would also and it wouldnt budge my place in line
Would be nice if Ford could give folks an estimated build date (even as rough as half of year) with and without MIC so that folks could make an informed choice. Alas. As it is, people are moving to soft top without any idea how much sooner that's getting them a vehicle (or indeed, whether it changes their situation much at all).

Grizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’d switch instantly if it was something like: soft top for production, order hard top at usual cost, free shipping.

Probably won’t happen and the $700 hard top turns into $1000.
Sponsored