Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4 Thursdays left to get a Sept build date. After that I’m guessing Oct will be for all FEs, Nov to fix all the one stuck at MAP, then Dec will start MY22 production.
Does anyone know if they will let us softie orders know we're definitely switched to MY22? And if we hold our spot in line, or do we get pushed to end of my22 orders?
Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At some point in the fall Ford will finish 2021 scheduling. If your soft top order is not built in 2021 it will be early 2022 unless your order is a 2.7, lux package, towing, safari bar, Sasquatch order. Those could push it further into 2022. The only constrain that has a known timeline is hard top orders without a vin are 2022s. The rest is in the mystery algorithm that is ford scheduling.

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Still comes down to your dealer's allocation and who is ahead of you there.
^^THIS ^^
You need to know from your dealer how many soft top four doors are in front of you, and whether your place would be in their remaining un-VINed allocation after accounting for remaining FEs and soft tops in front of you.

So:

Allocation
- already VINed
- remaining FEs
- soft top orders with earlier reservation dates
————————————
Remaining allocation

you may be able to jump up a slot or two or three with no other sins.

I do think Ford will produce as many soft top Broncos as they can between now and December (and probably early into MY 22).

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
^^THIS ^^
You need to know from your dealer how many soft top four doors are in front of you, and whether your place would be in their remaining un-VINed allocation after accounting for remaining FEs and soft tops in front of you.

So:

Allocation
- already VINed
- remaining FEs
- soft top orders with earlier reservation dates
————————————
Remaining allocation

you may be able to jump up a slot or two or three with no other sins.

I do think Ford will produce as many soft top Broncos as they can between now and December (and probably early into MY 22).
So, does dealer allocation only have to do with reservations? Meaning, could they still get non-reserved/ordered builds delivered outside of their "allocation"?

Say I'm high up in the allocation number, but switch to soft top and drop other constraints, but there are still lots of people ahead of me who have purgatoried VIN's- would my soft top still not be picked up because the "bad batch" folks are still in the queue?

In other words, do dealerships only get stock units to sell once they absolutely can't fulfill reservation holder orders or are they getting stock units (soft top) regardless?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the sounds of it, Ford is going to ramp down production to a low level through 21…and not produce as many as they can. The insider said they were going back to producing majority Rangers at MAP, and if that’s the case, dealers won’t get close to their full allocation anyway. Maybe that’s because they don’t have enough soft top orders to run at max, or maybe it’s for some other unknown reason…maybe not enough Webasto soft tops to keep up at 500+ per day.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, does dealer allocation only have to do with reservations? Meaning, could they still get non-reserved/ordered builds delivered outside of their "allocation"?

Say I'm high up in the allocation number, but switch to soft top and drop other constraints, but there are still lots of people ahead of me who have purgatoried VIN's- would my soft top still not be picked up because the "bad batch" folks are still in the queue?

In other words, do dealerships only get stock units to sell once they absolutely can't fulfill reservation holder orders or are they getting stock units (soft top) regardless?
The allocations are basically "we at Ford expect to be able to build XXXX Broncos this year. Based on your previous sales records, your location, and a bunch of other factors, we expect to be able to provide you the dealer with 5 Broncos this year". (Completely made up number by the way, most dealers have allocation numbers much higher than 5.)

The dealer must prioritize retail orders over stock/fleet orders. Which, if we were under ideal conditions, essentially means the first 5 people who reserved the Bronco at that dealer would be expected to get a Bronco that year. But if Ford cannot build particular all 5 of those vehicles, it'll keep going down the line until it can find a vehicle that Ford can build. If Ford cannot build any retail orders, they'll start building stock orders that dealers can put up on their lot for sale.

So lets pretend our made up dealer has 11 orders with the following the following:
  1. First Edition - bad batch hard top
  2. Badlands hard top - bad batch hard top
  3. Wildtrak hard top
  4. Badlands soft top
  5. Base hard top
  6. Black Diamond soft top - Priority 99 (waiting for Mansquatch)
  7. Black Diamond soft top
  8. Badlands 2-door
  9. Outer Banks hard top
  10. Big Bend soft top
  11. Black Diamond soft top
  12. Big Bend soft top - stock order
We would expect orders 1, 2, 4, 7, 10 to be built this year, with the rest of the orders built in 2022.

But let's say you are order #4 and you have the tow package, while order #11 does not have a tow package. If the tow package becomes constrained and Ford cannot built your order... #11 might be built instead of your order, and you will be bumped to 2022.

Now let's pretend you are order #11. Even though you are soft top order #5, you will still be bumped to 2022, as Ford has committed to building all of the "bad batch" hard tops this year.

Last edited:

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know if they will let us softie orders know we're definitely switched to MY22? And if we hold our spot in line, or do we get pushed to end of my22 orders?
👆👆my same concern

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The time stamp order is what it is no matter when you enter the equation. All the folks that 99ed this year will get back in the MY22 line where they held their timestamp place. Same would be for you if your MY21 Soft doesn't work out.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’m not sure what you’re asking, but my take is, up until now Ford has issued some VINs for customer orders that are either built and delivered, built and in purgatory, building, or at least had a VIN and scheduled build date but hasn’t been built yet.

All of those count against a dealers allotment for 2021.

The only new VINs to be issued for the rest of the year against that allotment are the remaining FEs, customer ordered soft tops, or maybe dealer stock soft tops.

Everyone who ordered a MIC and is not an FE in front of you in reservation time stamp line just moved aside.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
FE will be built this year.
MIC top (non FE) ordered and no VIN = MY22

So that's roughly 13,000 orders not delayed to MY22.

Ford has 13 nonscheduled build weeks left. So, certainly no guarantee for getting a soft top, but that a hell of a lot of capacity for Soft Tops and Rangers.

Sat in a 4-door soft top yesterday. The impingement of the B-pillar into the driver's space would drive me crazy. So, that cured me of any thoughts of changing my order.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The allocations are basically "we at Ford expect to be able to build XXXX Broncos this year. Based on your previous sales records, your location, and a bunch of other factors, we expect to be able to provide you the dealer with 5 Broncos this year". (Completely made up number by the way, most dealers have allocation numbers much higher than 5.)

The dealer must prioritize retail orders over stock/fleet orders. Which, if we were under ideal conditions, essentially means the first 5 people who reserved the Bronco at that dealer would be expected to get a Bronco that year. But if Ford cannot build particular all 5 of those vehicles, it'll keep going down the line until it can find a vehicle that Ford can build. If Ford cannot build any retail orders, they'll start building stock orders that dealers can put up on their lot for sale.

So lets pretend our made up dealer has 11 orders with the following the following:
  1. First Edition - bad batch hard top
  2. Badlands hard top - bad batch hard top
  3. Wildtrak hard top
  4. Badlands soft top
  5. Base hard top
  6. Black Diamond soft top - Priority 99 (waiting for Mansquatch)
  7. Black Diamond soft top
  8. Badlands 2-door
  9. Outer Banks hard top
  10. Big Bend soft top
  11. Black Diamond soft top
  12. Big Bend soft top - stock order
We would expect orders 1, 2, 4, 7, 10 to be built this year, with the rest of the orders built in 2022.

But let's say you are order #4 and you have the tow package, while order #11 does not have a tow package. If the tow package becomes constrained and Ford cannot built your order... #11 might be built instead of your order, and you will be bumped to 2022.

Now let's pretend you are order #11. Even though you are soft top order #5, you will still be bumped to 2022, as Ford has committed to building all of the "bad batch" hard tops this year.
Thank you!

So, following your same scenario.. say I'm 6th in line with a soft top and no other constraints, my dealership has 5 allocations, and those 5 have already been built but waiting for MIC replacements with guaranteed MY 21 delivery. Would that mean they won't start on my soft top until the 5 before me have their tops replaced? Even though they could conceivably be working on my soft top while they're still trying to figure out the MIC issue?

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m not sure what you’re asking, but my take is, up until now Ford has issued some VINs for customer orders that are either built and delivered, built and in purgatory, building, or at least had a VIN and scheduled build date but hasn’t been built yet.

All of those count against a dealers allotment for 2021.

The only new VINs to be issued for the rest of the year against that allotment are the remaining FEs, customer ordered soft tops, or maybe dealer stock soft tops.

Everyone who ordered a MIC and is not an FE in front of you in reservation time stamp line just moved aside.
Thanks! You basically answered my question.

Partly asking because a saw a post a few days back with a pic of a handful of soft tops available for sale on a dealer lot (with 15K ADM). I'm just curios how that could even happen when there are so many reservation holders who still haven't gotten theirs.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
From the sounds of it, Ford is going to ramp down production to a low level through 21…and not produce as many as they can. The insider said they were going back to producing majority Rangers at MAP, and if that’s the case, dealers won’t get close to their full allocation anyway. Maybe that’s because they don’t have enough soft top orders to run at max, or maybe it’s for some other unknown reason…maybe not enough Webasto soft tops to keep up at 500+ per day.
My gut feeling is that they are unlikely to ramp up soft top production to run Broncos down the line at a significant pace.. if they were shooting for 500 a day, estimating 20% would choose soft tops, that implies they were only figuring capacity for 100 soft tops a day... probably can't do 500, 400, or 300 soft tops a day...

They basically have not enough tops of any kind to meet their production goals set earlier in the year

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are no guarantees in life and it would be boring if there were.
Oddly your thread title has me thinking the Meatloaf song Life is a Lemon.

Edit: I am not criticizing your question.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you!

So, following your same scenario.. say I'm 6th in line with a soft top and no other constraints, my dealership has 5 allocations, and those 5 have already been built but waiting for MIC replacements with guaranteed MY 21 delivery. Would that mean they won't start on my soft top until the 5 before me have their tops replaced? Even though they could conceivably be working on my soft top while they're still trying to figure out the MIC issue?
You will probably get yours with a soft top before the ones that need replacement tops will ship out.
Sponsored