First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Please change the original title post back to Soft top is melting! :)
The OP has no control over that. The admins will come in and change the title, either because it makes the problem more clearly understood, or because the original title makes F**d look bad.

Kinda like how they’ll add “warning, no politics” on threads where people are definitely going to keep bringing up politics until the thread gets shut down. Which it does, every time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jarmo Karhu

Jarmo Karhu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Regal
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's funny how your so willing to help here but when you actually get in the dealership the answer is "they all do that" or some other idiotic response. I brought mine in for an active TSB on the soft top scratching the roll bar & the dealer tried saying it was my fault? Then they say they cant hear a soft top rattle that even Hellen Keller couldn't miss. Ford Dealer level support never fails to surprise me.
That’s the same canned message I got when I originally posted. I was issued a case # and told to take it to a dealer for inspection. After that, crickets from both the dealer and @fordmotorcompany. I called corporate in Dearborn after the dealer fiasco. Been communicating with them since.

Plaidfinger

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4 Door Sasquatch, 2021 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

RCVBAF

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2005 Ranger FX4, & 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey there. I'd like to see what I can do to assist with your Bronco's soft top. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local dealer so I can start looking into this on my end?
Mine is separating as well. Please let me know what I need to do.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven’t had this particular problem with my soft top.
But I did have the tension cable break. Actually it was the anchor/bolt holding it that broke.
I took it to the dealer. The dealer took it to a local soft top specialty shop here in town.
All fixed under warranty. Maybe your dealer should do something like that to fix this problem.

lonediver2002

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine is starting just above the front seats and at the front end of the top above the mirror. Will be taking it to Ford to have them fix the issue.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PSA, the company that cannot make MIC hard tops made the soft tops as well. QC is not their hallmark in manufacturing.

Sponsored

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My suggestion is to take to your dealer so they can document and take pics for prior approval if needed. Don't give Ford or dealer a reason to deny coverage because you blew some 3M trim adhesive on it. There's no procedure in the manual to address this. Usually they will list a specific lube, grease, sealer or trim adhesive to do certain repairs. I'll bet we see a TSB on this fairly soon but in the mean time, the only "correct" repair procedure is canvas replacement. Very important dealer documents this prior to doing anything because these are expensive and no one wants to fight a chargeback because asses weren't covered.

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed this happening on mine as well around March-ish.

I spent the winter in Florida and put the top back daily. When this started happening I chalked it up to sitting in the hot Florida sun and the more humid weather causing the glue to soften.

Once I got back to Michigan in May, the weather wasn't as warm or humid and I have not noticed it happening as often.

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happened to mine, got some Gorilla spray adhesive, problem solved.
How has the Gorilla Glue Spray been holding up?

JRS993

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same condition on my soft top. I've used 3M Super 77 on other upholstery projects and used this to fix that interior top backing issue seen in the photos. I used a piece of cardboard to mask off for any overspray. This has fixed the issue. 3M 8984 is another product I keep on hand. It's safe on paint and have used it to remove road tar, window sticker residue, etc. Where I did have some Super 77 over spray, I applied the 8984 to clean rag and wiped the over spray off the interior top. Note, I tested it on an inconspicuous spot I deemed it safe to use. Cleaned the light adhesive over spray with no issues. My Bronco sits outside (currently in 98 degree TN heat) and the top liner has not sagged since I fixed it two months ago.

Ford Bronco Soft top separating / splitting / tearing issue!?! (Update. It got even worse!!) Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 7.26.28 AM
Ford Bronco Soft top separating / splitting / tearing issue!?! (Update. It got even worse!!) 3m-general-purpose-adhesive-cleaner-08984-1-quart-us
Sponsored