Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The owners manual cautions against running the soft top or sasquatch through an automatic car wash.
I believe that's specific to those car washes with tracks on the floors (squatch tires won't fit, could be damaged), and those that utilize brushes and rollers, (which I NEVER take my Mustang through), not the "touch-less". But still curious as to the high pressure on the soft top.

GTPrincessa

Black Diamond
First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have washed my soft top BD in a touchless car wash multiple times with no problems. Again, a touchless car wash, with no tracks on floor, I've also utilized the dryer at the end with no problems. I was initially concerned water would come in with the high pressure, but all was well, and dry!

See_Later_Alligator

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Having a Jeep with the premium soft top (similar material to Ford's offering) I was more concerned about the top absorbing the detergent/chemical cleaning agents that the leaking. Therefore, I stayed away from car washes entirely. I only treated the top with 303 Fabric Guard and rinsed of any debris during hand wash.
I’ve never had a soft top. Are they a pita to clean since it’s a fabric rather than a painted smooth surface? Has yours leaked? I know you have jeep.

Sponsored

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have washed my soft top BD in a touchless car wash multiple times with no problems. Again, a touchless car wash, with no tracks on floor, I've also utilized the dryer at the end with no problems. I was initially concerned water would come in with the high pressure, but all was well, and dry!
Good to know.

Are you doing anything special for the vinyl windows in the back? Or just running it through and allowing it to dry without any problems?

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ran a trektop NX on my JKU's every summer, and I always used the touchless "laser" wash when it was on or I used the self wash bays when it needed a scrub. During the winter months I put the hard top on and use the auto wash. I plan on doing the same with the Bronco and expect no issues.

GTPrincessa

Black Diamond
First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good to know.

Are you doing anything special for the vinyl windows in the back? Or just running it through and allowing it to dry without any problems?
Re: the vinyl windows, nothing special as of yet. Have just been running it through the wash and dry cycle, and allowing it to finish air drying. My Bronc is kept in a heated garage, so I usually wash her before heading home for the day, now that winter is here.

gtx_bronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same, I ahve run my through multiple times in my local brushless trackless car wash. No leaks at all.

Bryanm

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco big bend/2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know if taking the soft top thru a touchless car wash would be an issue? Leaking? I typically have a subscription to a drive thru car wash.
The top will hold soap, plus everything others have stated.

Sponsored

AuroraMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2.7, SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mechanical track on the floor. Those wide 35s are definitely not going to fit the typical car wash
I have a new delta sonic wash and they have a tire size checker and it fit, no issues.

rabidmoravians

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve ran my Sasquatch softop through the carwash once a week at least for the last few months. The carwash is named Fins. It has a belt system you drive onto without rails on the side. It has sprayers, brushes ect and powerful fans at the end. Seems to be fine and no water leaks in. Definitely keeps it looking new

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same. Touch less, no tracks and you should be fine. The pollen on the black top looks dirty pretty quickly, so I’ve taken mine through a few times recently.

Skeld

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Went through a Kondor touchless in bay automatic. Mostly ok on leaks with my soft top, but around the tailgate I got some water. I'm questioning whether it still leak in this spot even in a hard top. Normal? It's not enough where it probably matters too much. And also, this is the type of wash with no tracks on the floor, vehicle is stationary while the arms move around the perimeter.
Ford Bronco Soft top touchless car wash? 287400413_3271517213093138_4081267667825628728_n

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ran mine thru one the other day. Did a real piss poor job getting the soap off the top and vehicle in general. The machine also rubbed on my spare tire every time it went by. Only reason I did it is because my home water leaves a ton of water spots and I live in southern Florida and the time available for me to dry the vehicle is less than 30 seconds typically. I guess my solution is to wash the vehicle and then use a detailing spray to get the water spots off.
Sponsored