Sponsored

Solution to Swing Gate opening all the way on a slope?

Klynch24

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I am noticing when my Bronco is parked on an uneven surface and tilting to the passenger side the swing gate opens past the 90 degrees and allow they way. As someone who will be taking it skiing offer and winding up in uneven lots that could be a problem as I gear up. Anyone have a solution to this issue? I want it to lock in the 90 degree position.
Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hammer built and RTR are the only current players. RTR has a limiter arm that works with the OEM strut and HB has a replacement strut.

I have not seen either item IRL.

edit: yup, what beach bum said. đź‘Ť

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I own the RTR Adjustable Tailgate Stop (bc I’m a big RTR fanboy) and it’s fine / gets the job done. I didn’t know about the HB strut, which may be a more seamless mod. I say seamless bc you prob couldn’t tell a difference between it & OEM when opening/closing the door (other than less range). With the RTR product, you can hear & feel it moving in addition to the OEM strut and it makes me want to make sure it’s not scratching anything.

One of the pros for RTR is that it’s adjustable so you can always get more range if you want. The HB strut sounds like a more permanent solution.
Sponsored