Sponsored

Sound deadening, effect on audio quality? Fitment issues?

Bob LaBlah

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

For those that have added sound deadening material, has it had a noticeable improvement in your audio quality?
And did you have any issues putting the panels back on without bulging or other fitment issues?
I recently upgraded speakers, amps, dsp in my four door, but didn’t add deadening material in the cargo area or to the doors (added some around speakers and sub). I’m just wondering if it would improve the audio quality in a noticeable way by adding more.
One of the installers I spoke with also mentioned that some of the panels could bulge and be difficult to install back after applying the material.
Any input is appreciated!
thanks
Sponsored

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put sound deadening under the trunk mat and the rear wheel well covers and didn't have any issues with them bulging or anything. As long as you don't put it right next to the mounting points (like bolts or cargo hooks) you should be fine.

Can't say I noticed any difference in audio quality in mine, though.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I did mine all in unison - so tough to say if sound deadening (poly fill and kilmat) helped - I guess I'd just go on to say it didn't hurt that's for sure.

Night Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch / Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I completely covered everything in the rear cargo area under the panels with Dynamat. As noted above, as long as you put it to fit and don't place the sound deadener too close to the clips and mounting points, it fits fine.

I'd say it made a very noticeable difference because it eliminated all rattles from the woofer and greatly reduced road noise from back there.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would have no effect on high frequencies since the materials used are not designed or placed to absorb high frequencies. Think of the sound reducing hard top carpet. It’s carpet. It would have an effect on high frequencies. By absorbing them and reducing reflections.
Sound Deadening material you are referring to may help with low frequencies. It changes the way metal or plastic panels move or vibrate. Because they move, they could alter/add to the bass notes you are playing. Can you hear the difference? Maybe. Measure it? Maybe. A lot depends on the output level of your system. Would add it. Yes I would.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bob LaBlah

Bob LaBlah

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for the replies. I’m going to ask the installer to do as much as they think will make a difference. Definitely the rear cargo area. Maybe the doors. I don’t think I’m going to take out the seats, but I guess that depends on the cost.
I’m going to have them make some adjustments to the tune and add a second tune for lower volume as well. The tune I currently have sounds incredible in the 16- 25 volume level, but underpowered below that. It’s too loud to have a conversation at those volumes.
thanks again.

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One of the installers I spoke with also mentioned that some of the panels could bulge and be difficult to install back after applying the material.
Doesn't sound like a reputable installer...
Sponsored