First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered a Bronco with the LUX package and am debating on adding the sound bar; does anyone know how much better quality the sound bar will get me? Big difference?
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not worth it to me. For the money you can upgrade the factory speakers, install a sub with an amp and still maintain rearview mirror visibility.

Edit. I missed the fact that you have lux with B&O and not the stock system. I wouldn't upgrade the speakers but still think their is a better way than the sound bar to get that extra oomphf if you need it. Maybe a larger sub in the rear.

Last edited:

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yea i know i'll get used to not being able to see much out the back, but i think i'll want to maintain as much as possible

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The few reviews i have read from Bronco folks that have actually heard or bought one have been consistant..... NOT WORTH IT.
Hard pass.

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had the chance to listen to it when I test drove a Wildtrack. Absolutely not worth it. As the previous poster said take the 800 and upgrade the sound system.

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d be surprised if Crutchfield doesn’t have a better option, be it replacement speakers or something additional.

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d be surprised if Crutchfield doesn’t have a better option, be it replacement speakers or something additional.
I stand corrected. They haven’t researched it yet.

90F0033F-C209-43B9-A2AB-E56BCB9EB1C1.png

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

besides it not being compatible with LUX, I really don't see the point of a soundbar waaaaaay back there unless it's only a sub. I want my music to come from the front or surround, but certainly not mostly from the back.
I'm also not willing to give up that rear visibility, already limited by the spare. Limited is better than none.
See how you like the B&O, I had no problems with the standard stereo when I test drove a Wildtrack, B&O can only be better, but I'm also not interested in a system that announces I'm on my way home 3 blocks before I hit my neighborhood by rattling every house with some oversized subs and speakers. I'm sadly not 16 anymore. And I'm considerate of my neighbors. Wouldn't want them to make much ruckus either, LOL.

Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly, I would have preferred the sacrificed some of the open area with some speakers. They don’t need to make an entire center cross bar. Just some bulbed areas for speakers. When you have the time you op down and/or doors off, you need a decent sound system.

Although, I’m complaining already, and I don’t even have my bronco to know if the sound system is good or not.

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I test drove a demo with one installed. You can't see anything out the back.....HARD PASS.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer demo Big Bend had one installed. It definitely made the stock system sound a lot better… BUT… I don’t think it made it sound $800 + install cost better (requires a reprogram of the system by your dealer, so you can’t fully install it yourself).

As others have mentioned, it also reduces the rear visibility. Doesn’t bother me personally, have my CDL and used to drive trucks, so out of habit I almost never use the rear view mirror anyway. BUT, it also prevents you from being able to load the rear of your vehicle with your doors. And that’s an instant deal-breaker for me.

Taylan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The JBL BB4000 Sounded good, (dealer had it installed as part of the Demo package). I removed the sound bar to load stuff I needed to haul and when I put the sound bar back it sounds tinny and JBL tech support says it has to be Flashed again by the dealer. 1 month for the appointment. Do not buy the JBL BB4000 Sound Bar not worth the trouble. Upgrade the stock speakers cheaper and sounds a hell of a lot better than the sound bar.

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered a Bronco with the LUX package and am debating on adding the sound bar; does anyone know how much better quality the sound bar will get me? Big difference?
Absolutely not in my opinion. I dont even think the LUX is worth it. Majority of B&O owners swapped out all the b&o speakers and sub. If anything downgrade to the High package if able. I think you get everything but the B&O. And if you want a sub, put one in yourself. I just made a custom box installed right where the B&O sub would be( working on YT video and build post). Alternatively you can catch someone selling their sub enclosure or buy one from the dealership.

Back to the sound bar, if it works with the lux, I still don't think its worth it. 600$ they remove the back two speakers, re-flash your system (part of installation you have to go to dealer) and it sits low blocking rear view. A member did flip his so it pointed up giving him more space. TBH, marine speakers and a sub. When in doubt call crutchfield also, they put together everything I needed for my system.
Sponsored