O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Touchy subject but I'm still sold on the look of the spare tire delete. I'll keep it inside on my off-road jaunts & long drives.

Rear Tire Delete.JPG
Sponsored

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you look at photos, the weird part of that is the center rear tail light. It’s on a “stalk” so it can be visible with the rear tire mounted. Without that tire it will probably look very odd and I’m not certain it’s easy to remove.
And the rear backup camera is built in to the spare tire hanger

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know this was brought up pretty early on, but is it too late to talk about deleting the appendage in favor of a swing out rack for carrying a spare, jack, and traditional Jerry Can? I also want a vinyl spare cover with the horse like the Gen 2 - 5 Broncos used to run. I’m very happy G6 looked to the original for styling, but The half ton variants need love, too.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just un-bolt it ;)

Ascetically it will look bad IMHO. Probably weighs a little over 100lbs (tire/rim) then whatever the assembly weighs..so figure changing the weight distribution by around 200lbs (not like that means too much). Remember also the backup camera is in that assembly.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Serious question for those that are worried about the rear camera. If you remove the spare tire, that will give you better visibility out the rear window so what is the need for the rear camera then? Just Look out the rear window and use your mirrors when reversing? I say that as someone who doesn’t have a rear camera in my trail truck that is lifted 6inches with 35’s. Just remember a rear camera is not needed as we got around fine without it for over 100 years so I wouldn’t worry too much about taking out that camera (Full disclosure I am NOT taking my spare off the back just wanted to give another point of view)

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I haven't had a flat in twenty years
About a month ago i could have said the same but then 3 flats one in the focus st at midnight hit a muffler u bolt,gf got a big lag bolt on freeway,and in the tundra i backed up to a curb that had a section cut out of the concrete and it tore my sidewall.
I think the no spare tire is not a good idea for me but i can see you wanting to make your rig look different,stuck on the side of a freeway is a really dangerous place to be especially at night.
If you do the rear tire delete for sure carry fix a flat and a compressor ,and a plug kit .

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just un-bolt it ;)

Ascetically it will look bad IMHO. Probably weighs a little over 100lbs (tire/rim) then whatever the assembly weighs..so figure changing the weight distribution by around 200lbs (not like that means too much). Remember also the backup camera is in that assembly.
The 2.7L weighs around 400 lbs so removing 200 lbs off the back might change the driving characteristics of your Bronco.
Just removing it from the door and placing it inside will change it also due to the weight now being over the rear tires instead of over-hanging (physics laws still apply to Broncos)

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you look at photos, the weird part of that is the center rear tail light. It’s on a “stalk” so it can be visible with the rear tire mounted. Without that tire it will probably look very odd and I’m not certain it’s easy to remove.
Or legal.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have it wrong, when you remove the spare it protects the entire Bronco from getting dirty, nano technology.
Remove the spare and you most likely will not go anywhere you might get it dirty. Maybe the Bronco Sport is the spare tire solution.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But if you drive around in reverse without the tire it turns into a Unicorn
Ford Bronco Spare Rear Tire Delete 24B7CEB7-7304-4EB2-9D48-0386956D9488

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think fix a flat is a good option. My last car just came with a compressor and a fix a flat can - I would be happy with a spare tire delete. Then the option to mount when going off trading or somewhere where the flatbed can't get you. I am sure someone can come up with a replacement brake light mount.
Fix a flat is NOT a good option. I have a Fusion and it came with the Ford/Motorcraft fix a flat included with the compressor for the vehicle. It ruins the tire pressure monitor and then requires that to be replaced at $75-100 per. Ford provided it and it causes a part to fail and it doesnt get covered by warranty. Just like the crappy 2 piece lugnuts they used that expand over time and then dirt builds up to the point that your lug wrench won't fit anymore.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've had too many flats to risk running without a spare. Once on a road trip home from AZ to MN, flat in CO. Could not find anywhere that had my tire in stock.
Sponsored