Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The tire will get dirty:eek:

Try a tire cover.

Delete option is free, put it in your garage.
I couldn't imagine my '93 S10 Blazer without the tire cover on the back.
Don't know if I will cover it on the new Bronco, because I know I'm going for those 33" BF Goodrich tires on the Badlands.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Gsxr7000

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F250, 93 Mustang, 67 Fairlane
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm sure only about 10% of the folks on here will use there Bronco to the fullest of its potential, with that being said to each its on. I just simply would like to see what a spare delete looks like.
Also, I find it funny that people that say I should just get a sport are also people complaining about not having cooled seats....

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm sure only about 10% of the folks on here will use there Bronco to the fullest of its potential, with that being said to each its on. I just simply would like to see what a spare delete looks like.
Official mall crawler example...

IMG_1546-e1536070571164.jpg

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Geez man, what a pansy ass thread! Tire on the back is almost an essential of a well built off road vehicle for ground clearance, departure angle, and because when you often get a flat off road, the bottom of the rig can be buried in dirt, mud, sand, or snow.

Sure, poseurs will buy the Bronco to attempt to look manly, but Ford should in no way build a version to cater to this crowd.

If you don't like the look and functionality of an off road vehicle, then don't buy an off road vehicle and get an Explorer; not fooling anyone....
All of it is forbidden. This is a dedicated forum for enthusiests; yes poseurs will follow us, it's like that for any new and cool vehicle.

However, we don't pay that crap any attention. Maybe if you really want to look the part, you'll one day want to look the part and go play in some dirt, sand or on rocks.

Poseurs are going to catch hell out there, just like with the fake Wrangler crowd.

Please don't get it confused.
Ha ha, so you'd like to mix it up? Guess you need something to carry your surfboard, yeah?

Who cares about how long someone has been on a damn internet forum dude? How long have you been wheeling? Were I'm from, been outside off roading before even getting a license at 16. Envy BMWs? Doesn't matter what I or anyone else here drives today. We'll all be in Broncos soon. The 4 series will get sold.

Posing isn't being new to off roading. Posing is never intending to go off roading, but want to "look" like you do. We have a saying down here that "them hit dogs hollar" and you're pretty loud at the moment.

You can block me if you don't wish to read my posts, who are you for me to care about?

You're in Cali; go put your mask on....
Bet you want to judge the Polaris and boat also, huh?
You’re not witty man, just sound envious. Don’t worry, I’ll ignore you from here on out.

Ohh yeah put your mask on too Tex.
Tell me again how you are not a bully. You got an opinion and opinions are like Arseholes, everybody's got one.

I am happy to let this rest, all I will ask of you is to stop judging other people who do not share your opinions. This ain't politics, its car culture and nobody has it "right" we only have what we "like".

I admit to being rude to you and for that I appologize. Unfortunately it has been my experience that people who judge don't stop unless they be judged themselves. Enjoy using your Bronco as you like, I am sure the Original Poster will do the same.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tell me again how you are not a bully. You got an opinion and opinions are like Arseholes, everybody's got one.

I am happy to let this rest, all I will ask of you is to stop judging other people who do not share your opinions. This ain't politics, its car culture and nobody has it "right" we only have what we "like".

I admit to being rude to you and for that I appologize. Unfortunately it has been my experience that people who judge don't stop unless they be judged themselves. Enjoy using your Bronco as you like, I am sure the Original Poster will do the same.
Geez TX, can we give it a rest already. I meant what I said. Poseurs make vehicles more expensive and harder for enthusiasts to get their hands on. The Bronco Sport was made for those who want to take it easy, so even Ford has called out posing.

We don't have to agree on anything. If I don't like it, then I don't like it and I'm not alone here.

All of this talk about what everyone has a right too, whatever. Sure, you can, but there may be consequences to what people choose to do as well, if you accept them, great.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

All of this talk about what everyone has a right too, whatever. Sure, you can, but there may be consequences to what people choose to do as well, if you accept them, great.
So the consequences of someone setting up their Bronco as they see fit includes condemnation from you? Sad if people only set their Bronco up so it meets the standards the pure Bronco off-roader. If your such a diehard Bronco fan and enthusiast, why did you not join the forum three or four years ago instead of after the reveal when you first heard of the Bronco, not sure who the poser is here.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There would probably be an aftermarket option to remove the spare. This will be needed as removing the spare leaves a tire mount on the back of your truck with a tiny camera on it. the reverse camera will need to be relocated if you don't want the mount. So going back to the OP's question and skipping the poser, castration, and real enthusiasts talk. You could do it, to do it right would cost a bit, and if you get a flat you are SOL.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There would probably be an aftermarket option to remove the spare. This will be needed as removing the spare leaves a tire mount on the back of your truck with a tiny camera on it. the reverse camera will need to be relocated if you don't want the mount. So going back to the OP's question and skipping the poser, castration, and real enthusiasts talk. You could do it, to do it right would cost a bit, and if you get a flat you are SOL.
Yes, aftermarket companies will jump on the band wagon soon, here is one for Jeep.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/rugged-ridge-tire-carrier-delete-kit-0718-jk.html

Ford Bronco Spare Rear Tire Delete J119691?wid=810&hei=608&op_usm=0

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Poseurs make vehicles more expensive and harder for enthusiasts to get their hands on.
That's ridiculous....if only "hard core off roaders" bought Jeeps, they would have stopped making them many years ago due to lack of demand...and there would be no Ford Bronco being launched to go after that big Jeep market. Lift kits and big tires would be enourmously expensive due to lack of incentive to design and produce...everything would be worse if it weren't for that huge group that buys these things like crazy becasue they like the image or looks or the idea of being able to take it off road...but rarely do.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the consequences of someone setting up their Bronco as they see fit includes condemnation from you? Sad if people only set their Bronco up so it meets the standards the pure Bronco off-roader. If your such a diehard Bronco fan and enthusiast, why did you not join the forum three or four years ago instead of after the reveal when you first heard of the Bronco, not sure who the poser is here.
Didn’t join because I was going to get the new Defender and was on those forums if you must know.

I never once said the truck had to be set up a certain way other than what it already is. What I said was if you’re going to buy an off road vehicle, then go off roading in it.

you don’t have to rock crawl or run Hell’s Revenge, Black Bear, the Rubicon, or retrace King of the Hammers, but go outside and take the goddamn thing someplace other than the mall!

Sponsored

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Geez TX, can we give it a rest already. I meant what I said. Poseurs make vehicles more expensive and harder for enthusiasts to get their hands on. The Bronco Sport was made for those who want to take it easy, so even Ford has called out posing.

We don't have to agree on anything. If I don't like it, then I don't like it and I'm not alone here.

Your idiomatic expressions of the misused word 'poseur' needs to chill mate.

Bronco Sport is a great rig and Ford is not calling out anything by offering it in the segment. In fact, it would probably suit a majority of the users on this board that are looking to get into the 4wd market. The 2/4dr Sasquatch is receiving the brunt of the attn because it looks cool and people want cool. There's nothing wrong with that and there's also nothing wrong w/ dissolving or relocating the spare if that's what the OP wants.

Like other users and myself have already exhaustedly brought up, drop the name calling and let the owners do what they want w/ their hard-earned money.

Edit: Just noticed you come from the bimmer scene, that's cool. I used to be a service writer @ BMWSF and also big on r3v (for e30s) under a different username. Question: has anyone ever shamed you for not taking your G01 or F32 to the 155mph limit? Because last time I checked there are no autobahns in the ATL area. - See, this is how ridiculous you sound -
You're just adding to the holier than thou stigma bmw guys already get.

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn’t join because I was going to get the new Defender and was on those forums if you must know.

I never once said the truck had to be set up a certain way other than what it already is. What I said was if you’re going to buy an off road vehicle, then go off roading in it.

you don’t have to rock crawl or run Hell’s Revenge, Black Bear, the Rubicon, or retrace King of the Hammers, but go outside and take the goddamn thing someplace other than the mall!
Yeah, people can decide what they do with their own vehicles...no one needs your direction on that.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's ridiculous....if only "hard core off roaders" bought Jeeps, they would have stopped making them many years ago due to lack of demand...and there would be no Ford Bronco being launched to go after that big Jeep market. Lift kits and big tires would be enourmously expensive due to lack of incentive to design and produce...everything would be worse if it weren't for that huge group that buys these things like crazy becasue they like the image or looks or the idea of being able to take it off road...but rarely do.
Rarely taking one off road is fine. Atlanta is filled with lifted Jeeps or trucks that have never seen dirt. It’s like driving a sports car slowly. Who are you pretending to be?

in the case of Bronco, just go wheeling or camping. Doesn’t have to be every weekend, but if you’re going to look like it, then be like it; healthy for you anyway.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rarely taking one off road is fine. Atlanta is filled with lifted Jeeps or trucks that have never seen dirt. It’s like driving a sports car slowly. Who are you pretending to be?

in the case of Bronco, just go wheeling or camping. Doesn’t have to be every weekend, but if you’re going to look like it, then be like it; healthy for you anyway.
Hey, just hope those who seem to make you mad because they don't use it the way you want them to keep buying these things...becasue it gives you many more choices and options and innovation than if it was just those you approve of who buy. You might want to thank them.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My concern with a rear mounted spare tire is reduced visibility when looking in the rear view mirror. It's something I'll have to get used to -- with limited cargo space in the two door, the tire's gonna stay mounted.
Sponsored