BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can’t believe I got sucked into the shadowgate debate...
Y’all need to understand that it was late, I was tired, I had a few beers and with beer goggles on every topic starts to look acceptable enough to take on when it’s getting close to 1 in the morning.
Don’t act like you ain’t been there!! LOL!!
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
So to get back on topic, pretty hilarious how many people I’ve seen comment on this picture that we aren’t getting a “real” Bronco. Do people not realize that the 1st gen Broncos are the “true” bronco? Everything after that is just a bobbed F-150. We want something UNIQUE.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1st time posting, lurker since beginning of the year.
I think the drone like image is real. Whether the image was deliberately run through a sharpen & blurring session in Photoshop has some validity..

Anyway, i scrutinized the image to add some part lines in PS above Bronco.
My interpretation, of what seems like a wavy roof, and creased features just fwd of the rear wheel flare, and behind the fwd.
The Bronco R concept has a similar feature fwd of the aft wheel. unique to the 2-door?
Bronco Lines.jpg
Yeah, the roof is likely to have ribbing to give the panels extra strength.

On a side note, it'd be cool if Ford came up with removable sunroof panels - panels that had glass or something in them.

My question is. What’s up with how that roof meets that huge upper windshield frame? It’s almost as if the windshield frame overlaps the roof rather than the roof overlapping the frame.

One more thing. Don’t those mirrors look out of the way just enough to clear the doors opening? I’m wondering if they might have scrapped the moving mirrors idea.

0D86F982-3D51-4E94-B4AF-D6362D926C99.jpeg
It's likely just that the windshield frame wraps up and over the top, and the top nestles behind it, much like how Mustang works with its soft top:

Ford Bronco Spied: Uncovered 2-door Bronco and Bronco Sport in the wild from overhead 1592758589593

There was a patent for the mirrors to move when the doors open, even though they're not attached to the doors.
Yeah, he knows that, he's suggesting they scrapped that.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
On a side note, it'd be cool if Ford came up with removable sunroof panels - panels that had glass or something in them.
They did a long time ago...

Ford Bronco Spied: Uncovered 2-door Bronco and Bronco Sport in the wild from overhead AE78417C-6C9C-4EA2-8131-62BECF28C06C

Side note: I love first gen explorers. Such cool vehicles but I get the impression they weren’t built too well. Still see second gen+ all over but the 1st gen I think all got destroyed by cash for clunkers or rusted away lol. I’ve considered building my rock crawler out of one... would be cool.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
we aren’t getting a “real” Bronco
We're certainly getting the best that a major manufacturer (i.e. Ford) can legally produce. But the advent of CAD/CAM and process automation was supposed to enable cost-effective replication of the "classics"...think '57 Chevy or E-Type Jags...and legislation passed to facilitate that: "Low Volume Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Act of 2015".

That bill creates a separate set of rules for manufacturers selling 325 or less replica vehicles per year in the United States. These companies are permitted to sell complete vehicles without having to comply with some current NHTSA safety standards, and without going through expensive crash testing. However, the vehicles still need to comply with Environmental Protection Agency and/or California Air Resources Board emissions standards through the use of modern engine packages.

Regrettably that momentum seems to be stalled. But one can dream.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, the roof is likely to have ribbing to give the panels extra strength.

It's likely just that the windshield frame wraps up and over the top, and the top nestles behind it, much like how Mustang works with its soft top:

Ford Bronco Spied: Uncovered 2-door Bronco and Bronco Sport in the wild from overhead AE78417C-6C9C-4EA2-8131-62BECF28C06C

Yeah, he knows that, he's suggesting they scrapped that.
It would be epic with they made them like the sun panels on the corvettes. They look Gloss black Paint from the outside but clear on the inside

ice1200s

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B2300
Kinda, sorta reminds me of the Scout II.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Flat Moon theory confirmed
On a serious note, as a former engineer at Collins Aerospace, I was able to hear a presentation from the retired engineers on the 50th anniversary of the moon landing. They took us through all the things they had to do to get the video link for the moon broadcast over the Collins Radio equipment. The level of difficulty to do this in the 1960's led to some fascinating engineering, more at these links for you techy types.

"The same radio lines carrying the infamous video of Neil Armstrong’s first step also carried critical positioning and engine data that orchestrated the entire event."
https://www.collinsaerospace.com/newsroom/Stories/2019/07/apollo-11-redefining-space-exploration
https://cbs2iowa.com/news/local/apollo-11s-corridor-connection
https://www.thegazette.com/subject/...collins-radios-role-in-moon-missions-20181217
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_S-band

Ford Bronco Spied: Uncovered 2-door Bronco and Bronco Sport in the wild from overhead collins-communications-suite-web

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My guess is the oversized top of the windshield has to do with the large overhead console and visors. I’m not proposing that the top of the windshield frame covers all of it, but at least several inches at the front that includes all of the wiring.
Ford Bronco Spied: Uncovered 2-door Bronco and Bronco Sport in the wild from overhead collins-communications-suite-web
Yeah it need that much frame just to hang off of.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They did a long time ago...

Side note: I love first gen explorers. Such cool vehicles but I get the impression they weren’t built too well. Still see second gen+ all over but the 1st gen I think all got destroyed by cash for clunkers or rusted away lol. I’ve considered building my rock crawler out of one... would be cool.
I think there were just alot more 2nd gens built over more years. They were pretty cool. I really didnt like the rangers/explorers after they rounded em. Also I will say that alot of em that lived their normal life eventually went on to be built and destroyed over years of offroad abuse. That and prerunner guys chopping off their I beams for other projects.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond