First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully they are testing for a higher rating, or GVWR.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i believe an airstream 22 footer is within the tow specs. so i consider that impressive if i'm correct.
Nope my 16' airstream bambi is right at compacity with water, propane, battery. The wife , dog and gear puts me over buy 380 lbs , my dry weight is 2,860 and I believe the 22' bambi is 3,800 with gas and batteries so you will definitely not able to tow safely with the bronco.
This is why my wife bought a 2021 Explorer to tow her bambi it has 5,600 towing capacity.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Sponsored

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m looking at buying an off road travel trailer like a Boreas XT or an Off Grid Expedition 2.0. There are a lot of great options that are 2k-2.5k dry with 1k payload that the bronco could handle.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many buyers are planning to tow with their Broncos?
I’d like to get a 19’ Boston Whaler down the line and that should be just under the range. Would probably get trailer brakes too. For now though it’ll just be my little laser sailboat.
I am, actually, and thankfully, I'm right under the limit of 3500. My track car on a tow dolly should work just fine.

To be fair tho, it's lame that the Ranger gets 7500 lbs (given that it's *mostly* the same vehicle underneath). Hell, my wife's Subaru Ascent can actually tow a popup, and the Bronco can't. *sigh*
Same thing goes for the Wrangler V Gladiator unfortunately. I like the gladiator a lot but don’t want something that’ll be miserable on long highway trips. Nor do I need something that long lol.

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am, actually, and thankfully, I'm right under the limit of 3500. My track car on a tow dolly should work just fine.

To be fair tho, it's lame that the Ranger gets 7500 lbs (given that it's *mostly* the same vehicle underneath). Hell, my wife's Subaru Ascent can actually tow a popup, and the Bronco can't. *sigh*
Not even close to the same vehicle as a ranger underneath. They share a platform but the actual frames and suspension is unique. No way a ranger can travel off-road at the same speeds as the bronco. Suspension in the truck is designed to haul stuff. The bronco is set up for max off road capability. More articulation and spring rates that are not overly stiff like a truck has that’s designed to haul a large payload.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Given how towing numbers are always being one upped by 50 lbs or so with their other trucks, the 3500lb that they gave us in the begining and we are now seeing things change a good bit. I choose to have a lilfaith in Ford and guess that they want to make it more. Maybe not 2021 or 22 but by the time they are able to make real changes and lining up suppliers for that, we may see an abrupt increase to boost sales one year. Like they already had it all set up and start the ads.
Its possible, I mean it would take magic to make it do what it does and pull tow duties. They just dont want to get hopes up and not delivery after the way we've complained about everything else. I still vote 5500lbs by the last year before a refresh. Dont help us now, but its not like anybody has a 2021 in they driveway either and here we are happily drooling at new shiny.
Sponsored