Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When a wheel comes from the ground you are no longer “flexing”...you are 3 wheeling...I see a lot more “3 wheeling” than “flexing”....
Hi was just reviewing threads from some of the people that are going to Moab in May. You are correct in stating that we are no longing flexing and three wheeling, however the Bronco is IFS as you know and we only have so much wheel travel compared to a Jeep. Once that limit of wheel travel is reached that wheel is going to come off the ground that's good my front and rear lockers come into play and I keep moving on the trail. I reached full flex.
Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi was just reviewing threads from some of the people that are going to Moab in May. You are correct in stating that we are no longing flexing and three wheeling, however the Bronco is IFS as you know and we only have so much wheel travel compared to a Jeep. Once that limit of wheel travel is reached that wheel is going to come off the ground that's good my front and rear lockers come into play and I keep moving on the trail. I reached full flex.
Yes I get ifs is a different animal but why is it the rear wheel with a straight axle is the one in the air? It is clear Ford designed the Bronco with limited articulation (and clearance)...

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes I get ifs is a different animal but why is it the rear wheel with a straight axle is the one in the air? It is clear Ford designed the Bronco with limited articulation (and clearance)...
Ford modified a Ford Ranger to make the Bronco. Definitely a few limitations along the way. They went coilover in the rear which is okay. Coilovers are typically more compact allowing placement farther out on the axle for better handling at the cost of travel (coil and shock set-up would have allowed more travel but would have moved the springs inward more). Let's be honest, Broncos are good offroad but not the best at any one thing. We got limited flex and great road manners, I am okay with that.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford modified a Ford Ranger to make the Bronco. Definitely a few limitations along the way. They went coilover in the rear which is okay. Coilovers are typically more compact allowing placement farther out on the axle for better handling at the cost of travel (coil and shock set-up would have allowed more travel but would have moved the springs inward more). Let's be honest, Broncos are good offroad but not the best at any one thing. We got limited flex and great road manners, I am okay with that.
Yep! Me too...I‘m past my hardcore wheeling days and like the road and ”trail” manners...while still being able to do rubicon with basic upgrades.
ps: maybe if I ever get my Bronco we can get together and you can help with HD steering rack...

Last edited:

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow. Who says IFS can't flex?

Driving some great trails in Elbe Hills (near Mt Rainier, WA) and came up on what must have been 'the' log the 2dr Badlands Sasquatch was spec'd against.

This is a completely factory Sas suspension with GY Territories. Didn't lift a wheel... didn't hit a bumper... ride the sliders... or rub anything underneath. Surprised how the front wheel just stuffed and the rear wheel articulated all the way over the log to ground.

20221015_155943 (1).jpg

Anyone else have some pics of a stock suspension really showing off some ridiculous articulation? (Bonus points for not lifting a wheel.) 😀

EDIT (Thanks @Oldhippie):

Here's the whole sequence.

20221015_155127.jpg
20221015_155239.jpg
20221015_155346.jpg
20221015_155357.jpg
20221015_155550.jpg
20221015_155943 (1).jpg
20221015_155840.jpg
20221015_160004.jpg
20221015_160024.jpg
Just stumbled on your build page and DAAAAMN dude, that is amazing. I haven't found trails yet that have given me opportunity to flex this much, so it's nice seeing how far it can be pushed.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Non-squatch flexing. Factory Badlands on RTI ramp. Didn't do well compared to the Jeeps there, but I can cruise straight at 85mph with only a couple of fingers holding the wheel.

Ford Bronco Squatch Flex 💪👀  on completely factory Sasquatch SAS suspension 308662554_10225368299887943_654930751658903871_n
Sponsored