Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw, Mustang, Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had my dealer do the TSB and the best they could get is a gap big enough for a couple sheets of paper. It's not the window seal. Drove around with it up and didn't go away. I jammed some foam under the corner and still hasn't fixed it. There is clearly a flaw is the build specs since it's a passenger side problem only. Not sure what really is causing the creaking, but it's driving me nuts. Maybe the gap is too small and with all the flex in the body, it's still making contact and the noise is really the top twisting, not rubbing. I hate rattles and squeaks and this one sucks
Sponsored

Nomadik

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had my dealer do the TSB and the best they could get is a gap big enough for a couple sheets of paper. It's not the window seal. Drove around with it up and didn't go away. I jammed some foam under the corner and still hasn't fixed it. There is clearly a flaw is the build specs since it's a passenger side problem only. Not sure what really is causing the creaking, but it's driving me nuts. Maybe the gap is too small and with all the flex in the body, it's still making contact and the noise is really the top twisting, not rubbing. I hate rattles and squeaks and this one sucks
Any change of you drive with the roof panels off?

EJP-OB

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

New to this thread so if I mention something that's already been covered you'll have to give me a pass.

4dr MIC hardtop owner, just developed a really annoying squeak from the back section of the hardtop with the front and middle roof panels removed.
It seems to be coming from the bracket that bolts in above the rear passenger door. Tried tightening the bolt, kinda made it worse, loosened it a little, wasn't quite as loud but definitely still there.
Completely gone with all the roof panels installed.
Any suggestions?

1976BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 BRONCO, 89GRANDWAGONEER, 2014WRANGLER, 07FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Worked for me! This is my 2nd Bronco that started squeeking from the cargo area. Both started at around 5000 miles. Could not figure it out. I bought the Krytox and lubed all the seals around the cargo door and window (2 door Badlands). No go!! AH HA!! The simple line where the bottom of the window touches the top tip of the cargo door. THAT horizontal line. Thats the one!! IT WORKED!! NO MORE SQUEEK!!! THANK YOU!!! I no longer have to shoot my brains out. Phew. What a relief!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Worked for me! This is my 2nd Bronco that started squeeking from the cargo area. Both started at around 5000 miles. Could not figure it out. I bought the Krytox and lubed all the seals around the cargo door and window (2 door Badlands). No go!! AH HA!! The simple line where the bottom of the window touches the top tip of the cargo door. THAT horizontal line. Thats the one!! IT WORKED!! NO MORE SQUEEK!!! THANK YOU!!! I no longer have to shoot my brains out. Phew. What a relief!
Awesome! Glad to help. Its absolutely unbearable isn't it.

vegetarianbarbarian

Wildtrak
First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great thread, going to find some Krytox. My squeezes got worse after a carwash trip, so whatever they wiped the seals with made it much louder.

Also I hate my passenger seat rattle when no one is sitting in it.

CJK

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mazda 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got the squeaky rear top noise too. It is only noticeable on rougher roads or potholes. Also dealing with a buzzing subwoofer panel. I really dislike these things in a brand new vehicle. I called Ford Canada and they said take it i to the dealership. I hope they don’t try to blow me off.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the squeaky rear top noise too. It is only noticeable on rougher roads or potholes. Also dealing with a buzzing subwoofer panel. I really dislike these things in a brand new vehicle. I called Ford Canada and they said take it i to the dealership. I hope they don’t try to blow me off.
I had it bad but the Krytox along the back rubber seal between the tailgate and the lift up window got rid of it. A little goes a long way

Reactions: CJK

hani88

Wildtrak
First Name
Hani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the same noise coming from the tailgate door rubbing against the window. Cleaning the contact surface seemed to alleviate the problem a little bit, but it always came back.

I ended up putting some weather strips along the contact line, and the noise is now gone.

IMG_2681.jpeg

IMG_2680.jpeg

Sponsored

Vinman775

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 lariart FX4, 2020 BMW X5 M package
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you all for your suggestions and pics. I adjusted my rear passenger fender panel as per the pics and instructions because it stuck out uneven at the bottom. I had enough gap at the top where it meets the MIC top. The driver side was too tight at the bottom, rubbing the tail light and squeaking there. I used leftover tool box foam liner I had and wedged a small piece between the fender and tail light. For the squeak in the rear area, I removed the 3 top panels, got in the backseat seat and manhandled rear section by hand pushing and pulling to get it to squeak. I isolated the noise to the bracket that is screwed into the top that then screws to the top frame. One of the two T30 screws was not screwed in all the way and you can see a gap. Tighted it about a full half turn and the squeak stopped. See all photos below. Hope this helps some of you.
Ford Bronco Squeak coming from Cargo Area - Fixed ✅ 20230112_121216

Ford Bronco Squeak coming from Cargo Area - Fixed ✅ 20230112_121121
Ford Bronco Squeak coming from Cargo Area - Fixed ✅ 20230112_121552

Ford Bronco Squeak coming from Cargo Area - Fixed ✅ 20230112_121216

Ford Bronco Squeak coming from Cargo Area - Fixed ✅ 20230112_121552

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thank you all for your suggestions and pics. I adjusted my rear passenger fender panel as per the pics and instructions because it stuck out uneven at the bottom. I had enough gap at the top where it meets the MIC top. The driver side was too tight at the bottom, rubbing the tail light and squeaking there. I used leftover tool box foam liner I had and wedged a small piece between the fender and tail light. For the squeak in the rear area, I removed the 3 top panels, got in the backseat seat and manhandled rear section by hand pushing and pulling to get it to squeak. I isolated the noise to the bracket that is screwed into the top that then screws to the top frame. One of the two T30 screws was not screwed in all the way and you can see a gap. Tighted it about a full half turn and the squeak stopped. See all photos below. Hope this helps some of you.

I had the same issue with the same fucking screw. Except mine won’t screw in anymore, the rockstars knew it was stripped and still called it good. This loose screw created a crazy amount of squeaking! My solution for now was to cram it up with some electrical tape, got the screw to pull in all it could take, which has kept that bracket from rattling a squeaking so far. Such quality!
C4C3BD61-EA68-41B9-AFE8-DD7CA1A7E2FE.jpeg

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the ‘case of water bottles’ squeak and thoroughly cleaning the rubber seal and rectangular blocks in the pictures attached eliminated the squeak. For good measure I ordered the tube of Krytox from Amazon (also in picture) and will apply today as a preventative. The takeaway is these fixes work - this is not how Ford designed the Bronco and it is not normal.

Ford Bronco Squeak coming from Cargo Area - Fixed ✅ 9D29C42C-4217-42A1-A080-91216E9A8741

Ford Bronco Squeak coming from Cargo Area - Fixed ✅ CB044394-8081-48DD-90E7-09DA516F8D13

Ford Bronco Squeak coming from Cargo Area - Fixed ✅ 61668E3D-1E7C-4A31-A005-DF0C2D961FB3

OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have the ‘case of water bottles’ squeak and thoroughly cleaning the rubber seal and rectangular blocks in the pictures attached eliminated the squeak. For good measure I ordered the tube of Krytox from Amazon (also in picture) and will apply today as a preventative. The takeaway is these fixes work - this is not how Ford designed the Bronco and it is not normal.

Ford Bronco Squeak coming from Cargo Area - Fixed ✅ 61668E3D-1E7C-4A31-A005-DF0C2D961FB3

Ya thats a different squeak than this thread was about, but one I think everyone will have. I have to reapply the Krytox about every 5-6 months to that seal. Its funny how it goes from quiet one day, to "remember me" the next.
Sponsored