Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Loving the Base Squatch! Fever things to break and everything you really need.
Did you take Tylenol to break the fever……
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Loving the Base Squatch! Fewer things to break and everything you really need.
Betting not too many parts fail while you're at the grocery store parking lot. You might even get a few years out of the tie rods on Basequatch bouncing over those curbs to get the closest parking spot by the door!

As always, YMMV.

I'm already at the max weight rating of a gorilla step ladder, so you have the advantage there. But I don't need a gorilla step ladder to get in the rig. This one will go down to the wire! Will constant use or infrequent use at max weight limit break the step ladder first?

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wonder if there's an easy way to tell if the bar is actually disconnected or it's just a sensor. Because if it's still connected then it should be safe to drive.
You should be fine to drive it either way really, sway bar will just help you be more"stable" around faster turns on road. It links both lower control arms, in the suspension cycle. The coil overs give you most of the stability.

A lot of people just take the links completely off, when off road-ing in jeeps. It will feel like it has way more body roll if you turn quickly on road and it is not functioning.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm a little fuzzy here, and sometimes my brain doesn't work very well, being as far off the ground as it is (less air up here, I'm sure you understand), but did you just come into another dude's thread about him having an issue with his truck, and cheer about how awesome yours is that it's not broken?

Like I said, just making sure I understand, some of these things go right over my head.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While your statement may technically be true, It's not a cool way to act toward Bronco Brethren while you continue to praise yourself for your choice of Base. Karma's a bitch, and you could easily find yourself without your new Bronco for a plethora of reasons, while it sits at a dealer waiting for parts. When/If that happens, don't expect a lot of support here, Tramp Champ.

Hopefully You'll be in a nicer mood after your workout.

🎶 . . . It's all about that Base, 'bout that Base . . . 🎶

yes-yas.gif

Last edited:

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand the concept, but basically your statement was akin to boasting that your condoms cost less because they are smaller.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I understand the concept, but basically your statement was akin to boasting that your condoms cost less because they are smaller.
We all enjoy value shopping from time to time and single-use objects most of all should be competitively shopped. Doubly so because in this case the smaller product-size boxes are always placed on a lower shelf so that you don't require assistance pulling the box down from the top shelf or having to bring your Bronco step ladder into the store with you.

LFMF

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
@HotdogThud
If you read the post, he says he saw two instances of swaybar disco problems on FB. There is no mention of him having any problem. As a matter of fact, it sounds like he hasn't received his BL yet. When you say "did you just come into another dude's thread about him having an issue with his truck?", I would agree that your brain is a bit fuzzy.

@GToddC5
From July 2020 to early March 21 I planned to buy a BL. In the last days before ordering, I realized that Base Squatch 2.7 was a better deal for me and while staybar disco is cool, it doesn't to do much to enhance off raod capability imo. If my mentioning it upsets you, then I'd bet many things bother you. BTW, if my Bronco breaks down I'll have it fixed. Suggesting I'd need to come to a forum looking for support is just strange. Your emotional support hamster must be tired. :ROFLMAO:

@Rick Astley
I'm miss your juvenile barbs! As insignificant as they are, at least there is some level of creativity compared to the other butthurts.

At the risk of offending the oversensitive, I'll say it again... Love the BaseSquatch!

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@HotdogThud
If you read the post, he says he saw two instances of swaybar disco problems on FB. There is no mention of him having any problem. As a matter of fact, it sounds like he hasn't received his BL yet. When you say "did you just come into another dude's thread about him having an issue with his truck?", I would agree that your brain is a bit fuzzy.

@GToddC5
From July 2020 to early March 21 I planned to buy a BL. In the last days before ordering, I realized that Base Squatch 2.7 was a better deal for me and while staybar disco is cool, it doesn't to do much to enhance off raod capability imo. If my mentioning it upsets you, then I'd bet many things bother you. BTW, if my Bronco breaks down I'll have it fixed. Suggesting I'd need to come to a forum looking for support is just strange. Your emotional support hamster must be tired. :ROFLMAO:

@Rick Astley
I'm miss your juvenile barbs! As insignificant as they are, at least there is some level of creativity compared to the other butthurts.

At the risk of offending the oversensitive, I'll say it again... Love the BaseSquatch!
Truly you have a dizzying intellect. I'll try not to be so short in the future.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@HotdogThud

@GToddC5

@Rick Astley

One of my favorite days on these forums was when you posted up the pic with your Bronco and you had latched onto two random children who were so clearly not up for the BS of your S-talking.

But I digress, here we are, months later and you're unctuous personality still shines through as you wish bad things on others.

Note: I realize that's going to be the "word of the day" for many, so here are a few synonyms for unctuous to prevent people having to googalize.

Ford Bronco Sta bar disconnect failure 1637789348439

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm having this issue. Was fixed temporarily but started again. Dealer is waiting for replacement parts, which are supposed to be here by next week.

Olaf

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badsquatch 2dr. 96FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should be fine to drive it either way really, sway bar will just help you be more"stable" around faster turns on road. It links both lower control arms, in the suspension cycle. The coil overs give you most of the stability.

A lot of people just take the links completely off, when off road-ing in jeeps. It will feel like it has way more body roll if you turn quickly on road and it is not functioning.

That's not at all what a sway bar does... A sway bar ads roll stiffness at the end of the vehicle its Installed at and increases weight transfer at that end. By unlinking the bar, yes, droop travel is increased and roll stiffness is decreased. But reducing front roll stiffness also increases front grip... And reduces understeer.

This will significantly increase the likelihood of a spin in a short wheelbase car, particularly on off camber corners. Stay off the brake pedal during corner entry.

It's safe, it's just going to be loose.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What could possibly go wrong (although, I still want one).

Lots of electrical integration...

Bronco Stabilizer Bar Disconnect Operational & Service Information

Highlights
NOTE: The stabilizer bar disconnect button press information is transmitted on CAN from the SIMA to the ATCM to the CHCM, via the GWM.

NOTE: Any diagnosis of issues with the stabilizer bar disconnect button operation should include the SIMA, GWM and ATCM modules.
CHCM: The CHCM is the logic module for the front stabilizer bar disconnect system. Multiple modules/system inputs are used for the front stabilizer bar disconnect system to enable the connection and disconnection of the stabilizer bar depending on the user request or the driving mode.
1624444311726-png.png
Sponsored