Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 2019 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been having issues with my 2021 Badlands 2.7 starting. I'll try to explain best I can. I press on brake pedal and push the start button. Sometimes the brake pedal pushes back and the engine acts like its not going to start but does. Then I lose all the settings on my dash ie gages. I also have had issues with trying to remote start using the Ford App. It wouldn't start nor lock or unlock my doors. When I approached the vehicle to try it manually, it didn't recognize my hand on the handle. I tried to use the keypad and it didn't recognize it either. I had to use my key built into the fob. Once inside I noticed no power to anything. I sat there for about 5 minutes and I heard the "hmmm" that you hear every time you approach the vehicle with the fob on you. I pressed the pedal and it started but again all the dash settings had to be reset. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled and then it started working again. But today I got in and it did the brake pedal raise up and not wanting to start but did. HELP!!! Ford says "we can't duplicate it and it has not thrown any codes".
Sponsored

CriticalB

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have any accessories that might be draining the battery? Sounds like it could be getting low and I’ve heard the truck will sacrifice “nice-to-have” powered features until it recharges. Your alternator may be putting enough charge on it when you drive to the dealership that they can’t replicate.

OP
OP
Robinhood

Robinhood

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have any accessories that might be draining the battery? Sounds like it could be getting low and I’ve heard the truck will sacrifice “nice-to-have” powered features until it recharges. Your alternator may be putting enough charge on it when you drive to the dealership that they can’t replicate.
I have a wench but I put a kill switch under hood that needs to be turned on to power the wench...I've got a GMRS radio this is direct batter connect but you need to push the power button to turn it on. All my "extra" lights go through the AUX switches. So I honestly don't know. Its weird because a couple months ago I had issues like this and took it to Ford and they said I had left a ground off and it caused my glitches....I tried to tell them it was a computer or fuse box issue and they wouldn't listen. Now its getting to be almost a daily issue.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you catch any of your Aux switches going amber without throwing them into the on position?

Sponsored

Biltwild

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Titan Pro-4x , 2021 Ford Bronco 4Dr BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just had my starter replaced last week. Truck wouldn’t start, but had power. Towed to ford and replaced under warranty. Got back within a week. Maybe have your dealer check starter. 🤷‍♂️

CriticalB

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a wench but I put a kill switch under hood that needs to be turned on to power the wench...I've got a GMRS radio this is direct batter connect but you need to push the power button to turn it on. All my "extra" lights go through the AUX switches. So I honestly don't know. Its weird because a couple months ago I had issues like this and took it to Ford and they said I had left a ground off and it caused my glitches....I tried to tell them it was a computer or fuse box issue and they wouldn't listen. Now its getting to be almost a daily issue.
Maybe check those grounds for corrosion and ensure they’re making good contact to bare metal. Also see if any of your aftermarket wiring connected to the aux switches is getting hot after being on a few minutes. This could melt plastic around quick connectors and cause issues.
I have a Baja designs light bar that is technically rated for the wire gauge I’m using, but the wire gets really hot and it took me a while to realize it had melted a plastic washer that made the connection flaky. Shored that up and the next weakest link was a plastic quick-disconnect.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have been having issues with my 2021 Badlands 2.7 starting. I'll try to explain best I can. I press on brake pedal and push the start button. Sometimes the brake pedal pushes back and the engine acts like its not going to start but does. Then I lose all the settings on my dash ie gages. I also have had issues with trying to remote start using the Ford App. It wouldn't start nor lock or unlock my doors. When I approached the vehicle to try it manually, it didn't recognize my hand on the handle. I tried to use the keypad and it didn't recognize it either. I had to use my key built into the fob. Once inside I noticed no power to anything. I sat there for about 5 minutes and I heard the "hmmm" that you hear every time you approach the vehicle with the fob on you. I pressed the pedal and it started but again all the dash settings had to be reset. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled and then it started working again. But today I got in and it did the brake pedal raise up and not wanting to start but did. HELP!!! Ford says "we can't duplicate it and it has not thrown any codes".
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

OP
OP
Robinhood

Robinhood

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you catch any of your Aux switches going amber without throwing them into the on position?
No I have not
Sponsored