Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happy New Year!!
What do you guys think the steering will be like on our Broncos? I believe with IFS, it should be fine. Do you guys think we will get a “wobble” like the Jeeps do? I like it nice and tight, and Hopefully the Bronco comes tight. Thoughts?
Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wobble is usually on solid front axle vehicles, from my experience. Imagine it will be much like the Ranger or F150. Hopefully with a better turning radius than the F-series however (fingers crossed).

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Steering:Electric power-assisted steering (EPAS)

My 2017 Explorer with EPAS sometimes has a little "glitchy" feel to it.... where the electric/electronic assist lags a bit catching up with my input. Then, there's the whole the Lane-Keeping Aid, which can take over the steering....but fortunately can be turned off when conditions warrant. (Not sure if you're going for Mid Package or higher, so the Lane-Keeping might not be a thing.)

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I must be too old now. I never experienced any "wobble" in my JKU. I think when you grow up driving a 62 Mercury, with 6" leaf spring extenders, a 12" "custom" steering wheel from the Schuck's, on a front end that you cant get parts for anymore, wobble becomes relative. ;)

Maybe my expectations are too low.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wobble is usually on solid front axle vehicles, from my experience. Imagine it will be much like the Ranger or F150. Hopefully with a better turning radius than the F-series however (fingers crossed).
Seriously! My 2017 turns like an aircraft carrier.

OP
OP
Calicorks

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m getting the a Bad Lands with no options other than a hardtop and the v6 auto. That wobble on the Jeep Gladiator is scary on highway speeds.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m getting the a Bad Lands with no options other than a hardtop and the v6 auto. That wobble on the Jeep Gladiator is scary on highway speeds.
Death Wobble is a solid front axle problem. You’ll be fine in a Bronco.

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
While IFS does not have the typical "death wobble" of a solid axle design, the later gen 2 raptors are having issues with a similar issue to death wobble with the electronic steering rack. I'd highly recommend watching Keep it Dirty Offroad's videos on YouTube. Their truck and many others are plagued extreme shaking from hitting bumps and hard offroad use. That truck has had the whole steering system replaced multiple times to no avail. Hopefully the bronco is safe from this.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's similar to the Ranger which drives great. I've had it up over triple digits a few times and never had any wobble.

Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BattleBornBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

+1 for definitely a solid front axle issue. Have had death wobble and never want it again. One quickly finds out their death wobble top speed over bridge joints and mine was about 45 mph on a 70 mph highway. Once it happens, tie rod bushings will be toast and you are slow roasting every joint in the chain until you fix it.

If you have shimmy on a IFS vehicle, maybe rotate and balance your tires more. Check the shocks for leaking. IFS are fairly resistant to wobble by design but I've seen videos of one wheel wobble which looked harder to control than the solid axle wobble I've experienced. If you damage your hubs or CVs, then you have issues not typically associated with wobble from loose or worn steering or suspension components.

To repeat what others have said, it will be tight. Otherwise my Bronco is going to be covered in Bilstein 5100 dampers.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh man, my 83 F250 was like that, you have to basically start the suspension from scratch if you want to fix it.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Should be tight as a drum. After going from my work vehicles to my Jeep every day I am reminded how much like a dump truck it rides and steers. Very heavy and sloppy. *knocks on wood* I've never had death wobble but I have had some bump steer and slight wobbles on bumps. I'll be glad to put that behind me. Solid axle makes perfect sense for a rock crawler or anywhere extreme articulation is needed, but god damn it makes for awful on road manners. 9 years in now and I'm used to it but getting tired of it.

All the more reason I'm dying to get behind the wheel of one of these.
Sponsored