Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Isn't the way it basically works:

TSB = we have a problem.
Recall = we have a safety problem, that will cause bodily harm and we will get our ass’s sued.
Sponsored

Djaws9

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How do you find the exact build date of the vehicle. I was supposed to be 12/19 week but this bronco wasn’t build until January sometime and now these tracking things don’t work much since I took delivery

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A co-worker of mine took delivery of his 2023 Chevy Tahoe Z71 with the 10-speed transmission. The 10-speed development was a joint venture between GM and Ford. Needless to say, my co-worker returned the Tahoe to the dealer and got his money back because the transmission would not shift properly or even go into Reverse half the time. He decided not to wait around for the "fix".
This sounds made up. I don’t know anyone with a GM 10-speed with any problems plus their tuning is significantly better than Ford. The 8-speed is another story though..

Canadian5.0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh 2021-2023 bronco how pretty you are .If I was still young and naive I would by right into your attractions, Being older I’m well aware of looks are only skin deep , boy what a problem child ford has created .Feel the pain of existing owners , it shouldn’t be this way but greed for a new creation has a toll to pay .Things will improve , not sure when but boy savings is sure growing fast and when things make sense it’ll be a great purchase , maybe

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This sounds made up. I don’t know anyone with a GM 10-speed with any problems plus their tuning is significantly better than Ford. The 8-speed is another story though..
So you don’t know anyone with a 2023 Tahoe like I do? OK. My point is they are the same transmission design and built around the same time as these Ford transmissions. As far as my coworkers Tahoe, don’t buy a 200 mile barely used Obsidian Black 2023 Tahoe Z71 from Jim Glover in Tulsa, OK. 🤷‍♂️

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford-GM_10-speed_automatic_transmission

Djaws9

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco STOP delivery on some Broncos due to 10-speed auto transmission recall (build dates: 11/14/22 - 01/12/23) -- loose bolt / park pawl issue 36048793-FA3D-413F-B1D2-6FC6DD178D50

hmmmmm I was a 12/19 blend and delayed for chip this that and the other. How accurate is this?Also how is one notified??

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So you don’t know anyone with a 2023 Tahoe like I do? OK. My point is they are the same transmission design and built around the same time as these Ford transmissions. As far as my coworkers Tahoe, don’t buy a 200 mile barely used Obsidian Black 2023 Tahoe Z71 from Jim Glover in Tulsa, OK. 🤷‍♂️

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford-GM_10-speed_automatic_transmission
Yeah doesn’t really add up.
Ford would just put a whole new transmission in and be done with it if a vehicle with 200 miles had no reverse 🤷‍♂️
Regardless, newer 10 speeds are pretty much flawless, except in this instance where someone added a bolt 😂

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco STOP delivery on some Broncos due to 10-speed auto transmission recall (build dates: 11/14/22 - 01/12/23) -- loose bolt / park pawl issue 36048793-FA3D-413F-B1D2-6FC6DD178D50

hmmmmm I was a 12/19 blend and delayed for chip this that and the other. How accurate is this?Also how is one notified??
Wait for a recall notice from Ford. Or contact your dealer. Either way it’ll probably take a few days for more/better information

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah doesn’t really add up.
Ford would just put a whole new transmission in and be done with it if a vehicle with 200 miles had no reverse 🤷‍♂️
Regardless, newer 10 speeds are pretty much flawless, expect in this instance where someone added a bolt 😂
In 6 days of ownership, his transmission had multiple issues of not shifting past 4th gear. Pulling into parking lots he was unable to put it into Reverse on 3 occasions and had to turn off the vehicle to get it to fix itself.. The previously mentioned Chevy dealer had never heard of such a thing and would not diagnose the issue so he returned it for his full refund.
Not all dealers are created equal. The 10-speed auto was a joint venture between GM and Ford started in 2013. I have dealt with failing Ford 10R140’s for over 6 years. I have zero experience with GM 10-speeds other than my coworkers previously trouble free rigs. That has now changed and my coworker will not be buying another Tahoe. I did not want my Bronco to have the even lesser 10R60, so I chose the manual. Knock on wood it is still silent and trouble free.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In 6 days of ownership, his transmission had multiple issues of not shifting past 4th gear. Pulling into parking lots he was unable to put it into Reverse on 3 occasions and had to turn off the vehicle to get it to fix itself.. The previously mentioned Chevy dealer had never heard of such a thing and would not diagnose the issue so he returned it for his full refund.
Not all dealers are created equal. The 10-speed auto was a joint venture between GM and Ford started in 2013. I have dealt with failing Ford 10R140’s for over 6 years. I have zero experience with GM 10-speeds other than my coworkers previously trouble free rigs. That has now changed and my coworker will not be buying another Tahoe. I did not want my Bronco to have the even lesser 10R60, so I chose the manual. Knock on wood it is still silent and trouble free.
Don’t get me wrong, 10 speeds had plenty of issues when they first came out, but most if not all of that has been straightened out. Obviously nothing is perfect though, and there will always been random failures.
That being said, I can only speak about the Ford ones, because that’s what I work on every day.
I know everyone assumes the 10R60 is somehow “lesser”, but that’s just not accurate at all. If anything it’s the one that shifts the smoothest and has had the least amount of issues of all 10 speeds. Not to mention they seem to hold a very high amount of power. But to each their own.

rocko107

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat, Ford Explorer V8(2006)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's going to be interesting in the future looking back at 2021 through 2023 model year vehicles across all brands to view the recall/tsb spike that occurred during the "covid years". I'd still consider 2023 the covid years since manufactures still haven't fully got back to 'normal' as far as their supply chain.
Oh 2021-2023 bronco how pretty you are .If I was still young and naive I would by right into your attractions, Being older I’m well aware of looks are only skin deep , boy what a problem child ford has created .Feel the pain of existing owners , it shouldn’t be this way but greed for a new creation has a toll to pay .Things will improve , not sure when but boy savings is sure growing fast and when things make sense it’ll be a great purchase , maybe
This is me as well. I’ll wait till the order books eventually open again, order exactly what I want and maybe get something in 2024…with the hope that they mostly have their s&@t together. The truth is they can’t afford maintaining this regular cadence or shoddy quality parts and quality control.

Oski96

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What is the FSA VIN list? I presume it's something different than the Ford recall website. TIA.

BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
12/13 Build and going to pick it up tomorrow...ugghh.
20221117, just made it in there and was picking up tomorrow also. I wonder if I still am or if they’ll hold it. Good news is I still have to ship it across the country and then put it in a boat.

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay not bad news for me. Another great reason I got the Manual Transmission! For the rest, hopefully this is an easy fix. Good luck.
How’s the grinding noise going on your manual 7 speed
Sponsored