Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Perhaps I'll wait to fill out the survey... :ROFLMAO:
Ford Bronco STOP delivery on some Broncos due to 10-speed auto transmission recall (build dates: 11/14/22 - 01/12/23) -- loose bolt / park pawl issue 1676548208082
Sponsored

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Shocker. Another wasteful use of this forum, so we can hear the same people bitch how Ford is screwing everyone. Oh and it’s your dealers fault too.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What is the FSA VIN list? I presume it's something different than the Ford recall website. TIA.
It’s a list of VINs that dealers have access to in order to determine if they have a certain recall.

BadBuckeye

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How’s the grinding noise going on your manual 7 speed

Comments like these, auto vs manual, you should have got this....
Really not helpful to anyone. We are ALL here because of the love of our Broncos, warts and all. Sucks for anyone who gets caught up in this or any recall situation.

All Broncos are welcome at my camp :cool:✌

Sponsored

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"major quality issues"

roflmao

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
blend date of 12/3 so i assume I'm in the bad. lucky i picked it up 2 weeks ago, I'd much rather have it and use the e-brake than let it sit at the dealer

nhmountainman

Badlands
First Name
Kman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy 2500 Duramax 2018 BMW 340 2016 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Talked with dealer this am...said VIN did not show a recall. Did Ford chat, same answer. My blend date was 12/20/22, build date per Ford Chat 1/9/23. They said they know of nothing related that announcement or recall number. Maybe this is BS or is the interweb right?

OP
OP
Haelous

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Comments like these, auto vs manual, you should have got this....
Really not helpful to anyone. We are ALL here because of the love of our Broncos, warts and all. Sucks for anyone who gets caught up in this or any recall situation.

All Broncos are welcome at my camp :cool:✌
💯

We're all Bronco owners.

The Mustang community suffers from this some, but it's getting better. Auto v manual, 4-cylinder vs 8-cylinder, etc. I'd rather the Bronco community.... not.

In general this forum is pretty good. Let's try not to take one person's relief or enthusiasm for their vehicle as hate for yours.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Talked with dealer this am...said VIN did not show a recall. Did Ford chat, same answer. My blend date was 12/20/22, build date per Ford Chat 1/9/23. They said they know of nothing related that announcement or recall number. Maybe this is BS or is the interweb right?
Lol it’s not BS. I work at a dealer and I can see it.
Once again, it’s not going to show up yet if someone (your dealer or ford chat) searches by VIN. It was just released as an oasis broadcast message 3 days ago.
Tell your dealer to look at the front page of PTS.

Sponsored

Dezertrider20158

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of us still waiting (it's been in shipped status for over a month) we will get to experience a new level of agony when it arrives at the dealer only to sit in their back lot because ford hasn't given the dealer any info on how to fix it. My dealer told me he has the ford escapes from 2022 that are still sitting, unsellable, due to a backorder of parts from a delivery hold safety recall.

This sorta makes sense why ford but a stop ship hold on my bronco once it reached the port of Richmond. Neither the dealer or ford customer service could explain why its been sitting there for 3 weeks. They sited truck shortages but now this pops up. Unfortunately even if it does arrive by the projected date 2/27 my dealer already informed me he can't sell it with out correction of the recall, which as pointed out, ford won't have more info until 2nd quarter.

I'm about to say "F it" and give up on this whole thing! Ford has killed all the joy and excitement I have been carrying for the last 2 years. Thanks Ford! At least you are good at one thing...

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hoping beyond all hope that the dealership won't have to pull the tranny to fix this.

At least the offensive bolt is "extra" and not one of those parts that is in limited supply.

And they haven't told owners to stop driving the vehicle, so it sounds like the bolt can't migrate to a bad place in the tranny.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

so it sounds like the bolt can't migrate to a bad place in the tranny.
It CAN migrate to a bad place, which is why it's being recalled. If it gets stuck between the park pawl and the output shaft gear, the transmission could potentially not engage park even if it says it is in park.

nhmountainman

Badlands
First Name
Kman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy 2500 Duramax 2018 BMW 340 2016 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol it’s not BS. I work at a dealer and I can see it.
Once again, it’s not going to show up yet if someone (your dealer or ford chat) searches by VIN. It was just released as an oasis broadcast message 3 days ago.
Tell your dealer to look at the front page of PTS.
Asked dealer to check PTS, said nothing there, no conflict with VIN.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It CAN migrate to a bad place, which is why it's being recalled. If it gets stuck between the park pawl and the output shaft gear, the transmission could potentially not engage park even if it says it is in park.
Understood, but the parking brake still works. My point is, there's no apparent danger the bolt will find its way into the gearing under operation and blow up the entire tranny.

I had a ring gear bolt come out on a Chevelle and am not worried that sort of thing will happen here, based on what Ford has said so far.
Sponsored