Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I purchased 1.5” front perch collars from Broncbuster to level my Badsquatch following installation of a winch and heavy Icon bumper. This should fix my rake and make it dead level.

I thought I’d check with a couple of local shops regarding installation. On a lark I also spoke to the service manager at my dealer. Ford apparently advises replacement of fasteners used in the strut assembly - at $120 for the bunch I think this is an easy choice to make.

On an unrelated note they’ve ordered me a new transmission….
Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know that the CV axle nuts are single use. Have not heard about the other strut bolts.

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have part numbers? I need these fasteners too for an upcoming project.

OP
OP
gwp

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have part numbers? I need these fasteners too for an upcoming project.
Regrettably, I do not. Suggest contacting your dealer. In my case I’ve asked them to do the work. They’ve quoted faster and cheaper than off road shops near me. (Yeah, I’m surprised too).
In plan to have them do perches, tie rods, and transmission replacement in one shot.

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With nylock and locking thread style nuts, Ford service manual always says to replace them. I tend to get new for some and locktite for others.

Reactions: gwp

Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Only hardware I’ve replaced were two lower control arm bolts and nuts as they came galled/messed up from the factory when I dropped my lowers to install my first lift. I’ve since had it all back apart twice and zero chance I’m wasting perfectly good money and hardware.. in reality most people reuse everything but I guess I can see why Ford would call it single use for liability

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be in the poorhouse by now, if over the years replacing nuts and bolts on my vehicles after one use.
It's all a scam by Big Nuts to get us to waste money.

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they are torque-to-yield fasteners I wouldn't want to reuse them. Anyone know if they are TTY or if there is some other reason they are being called out as single-use?

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If they are torque-to-yield fasteners I wouldn't want to reuse them. Anyone know if they are TTY or if there is some other reason they are being called out as single-use?
Yep there are certain situations where it might make sense. Otherwise though I've been re-using bolts and nuts (including nylock nuts) for decades without issue on various vehicles.

I know for example some claim leaf spring U-bolts should never be re-used, but I've had no issue with that either. I think overall common sense should be the ticket with some of these fasteners, inspect and if the fasteners are in good shape, I'd re-use without much worry.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I purchased 1.5” front perch collars from Broncbuster to level my Badsquatch following installation of a winch and heavy Icon bumper. This should fix my rake and make it dead level.

I thought I’d check with a couple of local shops regarding installation. On a lark I also spoke to the service manager at my dealer. Ford apparently advises replacement of fasteners used in the strut assembly - at $120 for the bunch I think this is an easy choice to make.

On an unrelated note they’ve ordered me a new transmission….
What did the quotes come in at?
Sponsored