Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I must have changed my mind at least 10 times since making the reservation. The only thing I'm totally sure about is 2 doors - I think the rear seat of my truck has been occupied three times in the past year, so 4D is out. The Bronco will be my daily driver, and will rarely be taken off road. I like my tech and creature comforts, but I also prefer the look of the larger tires and need to be able to travel unplowed roads in a Buffalo winter. If that makes me a mall crawler, I'm good with it, although I honestly haven't been to a mall in years.

What I'd love to be able to do is option it out individually, although this is probably unrealistic. I want to create a cross between an Outer Banks and a Badlands - an "Outer Lands" if you will. I want basically an Outer Banks, but with Badlands wheels/tires, floor and seats, advanced 4x4, and maybe the bumpers as well. I can't be the only person in this in-between position. How much customization of the models do you think will be possible?
Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same as you, no 4x4 really needed but its good tohave it. I'm going with BD because i don't like cloth seats and prefer the rubber flooring with drain and getting mid package but I need auto tranny and hard top and i like it has steel bumpers and plates etc..

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same here. I reserved both an Outer Banks and a Big Bend at separate dealerships but thinking that the BD is where I’ll end up. I like the rubber floors, rear locker, and rims on the BD, prefer the grill on the BB, like some of the options in the Hi and Lux package available on the OB. Hopefully we can option what we want. I can’t afford more than one so, if not, what’s a poor boy to do! :)

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I must have changed my mind at least 10 times since making the reservation. The only thing I'm totally sure about is 2 doors - I think the rear seat of my truck has been occupied three times in the past year, so 4D is out. The Bronco will be my daily driver, and will rarely be taken off road. I like my tech and creature comforts, but I also prefer the look of the larger tires and need to be able to travel unplowed roads in a Buffalo winter. If that makes me a mall crawler, I'm good with it, although I honestly haven't been to a mall in years.

What I'd love to be able to do is option it out individually, although this is probably unrealistic. I want to create a cross between an Outer Banks and a Badlands - an "Outer Lands" if you will. I want basically an Outer Banks, but with Badlands wheels/tires, floor and seats, advanced 4x4, and maybe the bumpers as well. I can't be the only person in this in-between position. How much customization of the models do you think will be possible?
Bummer that the First Edition was limited to 7,000. It sounds like that would have been the right model for you.

OP
OP

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bummer that the First Edition was limited to 7,000. It sounds like that would have been the right model for you.
You may be right, other than it probably being out of my budget range. I reserved an Outer Banks, and I'm hoping to be able to add the individual upgrades I want.

Sponsored

Weld3z

Outer Banks
First Name
Ahmed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Exactly like you but you still have time to decide !
Yes it's a hard choice because no way to change it after drive it out of the dealer in my opinion i don't care about the look my comfort is more important .
Still in the process of thinking Ford make it so hard Wonder about some people that they have no idea about all this stuff !!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Doesn't really sound like you are stuck to me. With your limited off road needs, definitely no need for Bad Lands. Wheels and tires are never an issue because they can be had afterwards if you wanted.

The Outer Banks will get you the creature comforts, the Higher features that are not in any of the lower trims (standard, not talking about Mid, High or Lux) and if you toss on SAS you will get your larger tires as as much off road as you would ever want.

If you are really stuck on the Rubber Floor and Vinyl seats, the you may think about dropping down to the Black Diamond (unless Money is no object) then adding anything you need (like the Mid) to get you close to the Outer Banks.

Things like advanced 4x4 and bumpers can be added to anything higher than Base I believe.

There really are only 3 tough choices you have to make when determining what Trim:

1) Auto vs Manual (sounds like you chose Auto)
2) 2-door vs 4-Door (you got that covered)
3) Rubber/Vinyl or Carpet/Cloth (where are you)

Answering those 3 will lock you into a "path" then money and options you want will take it from there.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have been pondering the same. I'm at the point where (as mentioned) I'll go with the Outer Banks, and search for some take off wheels. I figure may be difficult to find a set of Badlands take off wheels, but I think I'll take that chance. Good luck on your decision.

Heck, we might get lucky and Ford will offer some other style wheels (like the Badland wheels) for each trim level like they do with some of there other vehicles.

Maxmillian1

Badlands
First Name
Roscoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved the WT but i'm going for the OB. I thinking with the options that i'd like, Dual top, 2.7, 12" screen, 10 speakers, this truck maybe a little expensive, but I think i'm going to go for it all anyway. what are your first impressions about pricing before you can build one up??

OP
OP

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved the WT but i'm going for the OB. I thinking with the options that i'd like, Dual top, 2.7, 12" screen, 10 speakers, this truck maybe a little expensive, but I think i'm going to go for it all anyway. what are your first impressions about pricing before you can build one up??
I reserved OB also. I was always thinking it would be $40-45k, so stretching to $50k isn't a huge shock. Once I get it built out the way I want, I'm not sure how much it will matter which model I start with. Right now it's looking like I might go with one of these three choices:
1) OB + sasquatch + 2.7
2) BD + 2.7 + auto + mid + sasquatch
3) WT as is
I think they will all end up very close in price, so maybe I'll just end up with the WT and not think about it so much.
Sponsored