First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had this Rockford Fosgate 8" sub professionally installed in my 2 door Big Bend today. Wow. What a huge difference!
Ford Bronco Sub Installed today 1646085837061
Sponsored

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where did you mount it?

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Would like some details of the install. What line levels they tapped into, etc.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am installing this same sub. Last night my boy and I ran the speaker wires from the kick panel speakers to the rear cargo area, ran the power wire from the engine bay to the cargo area. Ran everything down and under the sill plates. All that is left to do is tap the kick panel speakers, locate a good ground in the cargo area, battery hook up and finish connecting to the sub. Since this sub activates by signal level, no need for switched 12v. I had a smaller version of this sub in my Ranger and it worked really well. Using a fiberglass rod from an old kite made all the wire runs really easy. I can snap some pics when we finish all the connections.

UPDATE: I finished all connections, went to test everything and the sub does not power up. Power light comes on then goes off. I have the Infinity Basslink mini, hooked it up, works great. I’ll have to redo everything later and get some pics too. Crutchfield will be getting an email.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shacky4

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Follow up. The installer at my shop has a lot of experience, so I decided to let him do it. He told me he tapped the kick panel speakers on both sides. He ran the wiring into the side door pocket so that I can easily disconnect and tuck the wires away. I choose to go with this one because he was firm that the powered underseat type subs were not good. (I had one in my Jeep and thought it was OK, but have to admit, this is much better.) This 8" Rockford Punch was smaller than most and as I don't have much space to give in my 2-door, this appealed to me. I had him run the remote into the center console and for now, it's just loose. I may mount it in there. Here are some photos. It sat quite nicely on the carpet, but as you can see, I have a mat that has a raised edge. I used a couple feet with washers to square up the front. Some industrial strength velcro is holding it nice and snug against the sidewall and makes for a clean install IMO. The difference in sound quality is remarkable. I will be replacing the front dash speakers and the rear speakers later this week when the rest of the parts come in. I think in upgrading the base stereo without breaking the bank, this is a great option.
Ford Bronco Sub Installed today IMG_3233
Ford Bronco Sub Installed today IMG_3234
Ford Bronco Sub Installed today IMG_3238
Ford Bronco Sub Installed today IMG_3239
Ford Bronco Sub Installed today IMG_3240

Philosophize

Wildtrak
First Name
F. Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had this Rockford Fosgate 8" sub professionally installed in my 2 door Big Bend today. Wow. What a huge difference!
Ford Bronco Sub Installed today IMG_3240
Are you going to tie it into a upfitter switch

Sponsored
OP
OP
Shacky4

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you going to tie it into a upfitter switch
Unfortunately, my bronco did not come with auxiliary switches. But, fortunately, the sub powers on when audio is present, so it's not really an issue for me.

OP
OP
Shacky4

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No. The flash gives full frequency to the back speakers. The subwoofer is tied into the kick panel speakers so any flash would have no effect on the sub. The sub adds enough nice low frequency addition to the sound system that I don't believe I will flash the back speakers even after I replace them. The link you posted to Budgetbronco's project is great. I'm following his recommendations on replacing the dash and back speakers. If you don't add a sub, flashing the rom to send full frequency to the back speakers is a good idea. If you do add a sub, then I don't think you need to do it.

Last edited:

Porters.ride

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door soft top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s the same sub that I used. It works really well, I actually have the gains turned down pretty far. I’m mounted mine to my to the tailgate, so it doesn’t eat up much space when I want to put the doors in. As for getting the flash done, I just ran off the front kick panel speakers.
nice install. Enjoy

OP
OP
Shacky4

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks! I made a bracket that I attached with strong two sided tape to the sub to hold it snug against the sidewall using the storage pocket. Pretty happy with the improved sound quality!

bracket.jpg

Badassbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you don’t mind me asking, how much was the total cost for sub and install?
Sponsored