First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious to know if anyone else has switched from Leather to MGV? What was your reason? The more I read about MGV the more I love it. Plus I traded carpet for washout floors in my Badlands model. Saved $2200 and don’t need $160 floor mats. Losing power seats is a bummer but on a 4DR I feel like there will be less adjustments needed for front row seats. I feel great about MGV!
I saw AND felt the MGV at Bronco celebration east last Fall. I was sold IMMEDIATELY. I ordered my BL with the MGV WITHOUT reservation. I wouldn’t have taken leather over MGV if it were free!
Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was getting the MGV from the start... As I fish a lot... And my waders and muddy felt soles make a mess. I did however get the fancy bronco floor liners tho. Figure that'll still help with wear and tear on the floors.

mtu_bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
History says yes, but maybe MGV is different. 🤷‍♂️ Although, I don’t see how something that’s waterproof will allow for air to flow through and keep your legs and back from turning into liquid. 😂
Exactly. Black Diamond has what I want but the seats make it a big question mark for me.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Exactly. Black Diamond has what I want but the seats make it a big question mark for me.
It’s one reason I’m glad to be in MY22. I have time to see how the guinea pigs... early owners do this summer with MGV.

Sponsored

mtu_bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s one reason I’m glad to be in MY22. I have time to see how the guinea pigs... early owners do this summer with MGV.
I’ve been debating delaying but I’ve been waiting for this so long and want to get it out in the wilderness!

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Modern vinyl automotive seating is superior to the leather offered in non-luxury-brand vehicles and I'd choose it every single time in every single vehicle if given that option.

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious to know if anyone else has switched from Leather to MGV? What was your reason? The more I read about MGV the more I love it. Plus I traded carpet for washout floors in my Badlands model. Saved $2200 and don’t need $160 floor mats. Losing power seats is a bummer but on a 4DR I feel like there will be less adjustments needed for front row seats. I feel great about MGV!
One of my major goals in going to Moab was to see and feel the MGV. I expected it to be a heavy, shiny vinyl like I have in my boat, but it was a newer vinyl that has almost a thick fabric feel to it. I really liked it and am glad I went with it.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had planned on getting leather, but before order time, I'd already changed my mind to MGV. For me, a big part was not getting power seats (2-door) even though the upgrade price was the same as the 4-door which did get them. Also contributing was that it is only partial leather for that hefty price. The nail in the coffin was when so many people said how great MGV is in the Bronco.

Interestingly, leather/MGV is what made me switch from Outer Banks to Badlands. Without having to get leather in Badlands but needing it in Outer Banks (I don't like cloth seats), the price of Badlands was close enough that I thought it was worth a little bit more to get all that extra capability.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The washout interior fits my lifestyle. I would suggest you get some brand of all-weather mats, the ones with a high lip on them. Your shoes/boots will bring in a lot of gravel, plus spills are easily removed by pulling out the mat and dumping it. A vinyl floor and husky mats have been a winner for me for decades.
Unless it’s one of those lazy boy luxury lumbar support fluffer fancy european car seats.. manual seats are A-OK in my book. And you can still have heated seats if you want. And it weighs less. Mgv for the win
I originally was going leather and then switched to MGV after reading and seeing more about it. Seems like the better fit for me and add to that the cost savings and it was a no-brainer. I did go with the floor mats for my Badlands though. Still like the idea of pulling them out and rinsing when need be even if the ability to rinse the floors is available.
Good call man. I’d definitely get the MGV in my base if I could. That junk will stand up to anything. And if you change your mind later, there’ll be Katskin I’m sure.
I just rode in a BL’s with the MGV at Moab. MGV is so comfortable and supple. They don’t feel like plastic in anyway. I would recommend them over leather especially is you have kids. They are legit!
All my life, even in my sports cars I have always been annoyed by carpeted floors. They always get dirty and drive me nuts lol! For that reason the MGV and rubber floors was a godsend to me. That said, I will likely never be using the drain plugs, I know ford says its a wash out interior, but I will just stick with my shop vac and a damp towel when I need to clean the floors and seats. That shop vac will pull caked on mud or anything off of just about any surface!

I was, and honestly am still a bit leery about the vinyl seats, not because of the quality of the vinyl itself as I know marine grade vinyl is not the same thing as the crap you get on a pleather couch. But, rather because its HOT as fuck in the summer in AZ, and even marine grade vinyl doesn't really breath like fabric and will get sweaty. I am hoping the auto start, and otherwise tinting the fuck out of my windows will help that, but I am sure there will be a good few minutes where it will suck, every time I get in the car after a an hour or two parking in direct sunlight. Nothing heats up the inside of the car like 122 degrees. Ugg... why do I still live here?? lol!
Just wanted to drop a note of thanks and some thumbs ups for your help in convincing my wife so I could switch from leather to MGV on my Badlands.

I originally ordered with MGV but when she found out about the lack of power seats, she was adamant about upgrading to leather. With all of your messages here along with me explaining some of the following things, she agreed it was a good idea to go with MGV. :D

• Once the seat is set, it will rarely need to get adjusted
  • Easy cleanout flooring with drain plugs
  • No worry if wheeling in the Summer afternoon through a little rain with the top down
  • One less electronic element that could fail
  • Savings of over $2200
The only bad thing is I have to put Granger back to work on updating my order again... Sorry Albert/Sean/Zach! 🥴

Sponsored

TaylorH

Badlands
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My initial order was for a WildTrak thinking I was getting leather seats anyway. I'm switching to Badlands for all of the reasons Badlands is different including the floor and MGV seats. I don't need power seats but I do need heated seats and initially I thought the MVG wasn't heated. Now that I know they are, that's all I need to know I'll prefer MVG.

I only have one hesitation but it's not holding me back from MGV. I'm short. I'm only 5'6" and my wife is 5'3". Powered seats can be raised/lowered unlike the manual MGV seats but I don't think it's necessary. I would just love to sit in one with MVG seats and confirm the height is fine (and I'm 95% sure it is.) Hopefully, I will get the opportunity to sit in on before my final order.

I used to have a Jeep and would hose it down after a summer of having the top off. The top was inconvenient to raise and lower so I just took it off all summer and it would get really dirty. I don't expect that to be an issue with Bronco because the top goes up and down easily but I really like the idea of getting back to a dirt/water resistant interior for sporting off-road. I have weatertech matts in my 4Runners and they absolutely keep the carpeted floors new but I've never gotten significant water inside. Mostly just sand and dirt.

I'm in '22 MY code 99 and my dealer said we'll review new options and change my current WildTrak order later this year when 22 ordering opens up.
From Wildtrak 4Door Leather to Badlands, 4Door, Sasquatch, LUX, Tow, MVG seats.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My initial order was for a WildTrak thinking I was getting leather seats anyway. I'm switching to Badlands for all of the reasons Badlands is different including the floor and MGV seats. I don't need power seats but I do need heated seats and initially I thought the MVG wasn't heated. Now that I know they are, that's all I need to know I'll prefer MVG.

I only have one hesitation but it's not holding me back from MGV. I'm short. I'm only 5'6" and my wife is 5'3". Powered seats can be raised/lowered unlike the manual MGV seats but I don't think it's necessary. I would just love to sit in one with MVG seats and confirm the height is fine (and I'm 95% sure it is.) Hopefully, I will get the opportunity to sit in on before my final order.

I used to have a Jeep and would hose it down after a summer of having the top off. The top was inconvenient to raise and lower so I just took it off all summer and it would get really dirty. I don't expect that to be an issue with Bronco because the top goes up and down easily but I really like the idea of getting back to a dirt/water resistant interior for sporting off-road. I have weatertech matts in my 4Runners and they absolutely keep the carpeted floors new but I've never gotten significant water inside. Mostly just sand and dirt.

I'm in '22 MY code 99 and my dealer said we'll review new options and change my current WildTrak order later this year when 22 ordering opens up.
From Wildtrak 4Door Leather to Badlands, 4Door, Sasquatch, LUX, Tow, MVG seats.
I'm pretty sure the manual seats can be raised and lowered by pumping the handle on the side, I've seen it done in videos.
Sponsored