Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Diesel, Audi S4 Cabrio, Buick Enclave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took my two week old Bronco up to the mountains Thursday night...good news is I came home in a blizzard, and the Bronco was really pretty incredible in 4-12" or road snow...4WD high in slippery mode...really confidence inspiring.

Bad news is the Synch 4 screen works, will pair with the iphone and can use the apple play stuff... but can't get the audio to turn on...so no volume. Navigation worked, but was really goofy...maybe from teh storm...kept trying to tell me I couldn't get home without driving on 4WD roads...I just took I-70..worked fine for me.

Anyone having audio problems with the Synch 4 with no audio and figured out how to fix? I did a master reset...no joy. will try pulling fuses tomorrow...but wondering if anyone else have seen this or if I'm the lucky winner....
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found these options on a stereo website, no idea if they work:

Before beginning the master reset, make sure the vehicle is in park. It can’t be running or set in accessory mode. It is also a good idea to be familiar with all of the controls. This process will erase all of the data from the Sync, so users should make note of saved navigation points and personal data.
Master Reset: Version 1
  1. Using the driver’s phone, go to the setting menu and select Bluetooth. After that, select “Sync” to delete it.
  2. Once the user opens the Sync screen they should hit the Menu button.
  3. Keep pressing the down arrow until the Sync settings appear. Select it and press ok.
  4. When the next menu opens, press the down button until Master Reset appears and then hit ok.
  5. A confirmation message should appear, so always hit Yes in order to complete the master reset.
  6. Once the master reset is complete, users will need to pair their phone to Sync again.

Master Reset: Version 2
  1. Just like in the first set of instructions, users will need to open their phone and select Bluetooth from the settings menu. From there, they will need to select “Sync” to delete it.
  2. When the user opens the Sync screen they will need to select the Phone button. The Sync screen will then display either “Connecting” or “No Phone Paired or Connected”.
  3. Press the arrow button until the screen says Return, hit ok.
  4. Press the arrow button until the screen says Advanced, hit ok.
  5. Press the arrow button until the screen says Master Reset, hit ok.
  6. Once the master reset is ready, a confirmation message will appear. Select ok to continue.
  7. Users will need to pair their phone to Sync again once the master reset is complete.

OP
OP
CORick

CORick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you! Yes I did find this and try it...no luck. Looks like we have the same build...except mines not a sasquatch....love it...but want the tunes back!

OP
OP
CORick

CORick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fixed...found the fuse box under the steering column, left vertical row, 20A fuse about 4 down.. Removed, cycled the accessory switch to power up the rest of the center console (no idea if I had to do that or not), replaced the fuse...all works fine now....although all radio settings were lost.

no idea what caused it. hopefully never happens again...

now,, will take less than a minute to fix, but trying to figure out where the fuse box was took longer than it should have...hpefully ford will figure out the the bronco and the bronco sport aren't the same vehicle and give the bronco a corrected owners manual.

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fixed...found the fuse box under the steering column, left vertical row, 20A fuse about 4 down.. Removed, cycled the accessory switch to power up the rest of the center console (no idea if I had to do that or not), replaced the fuse...all works fine now....although all radio settings were lost.

no idea what caused it. hopefully never happens again...

now,, will take less than a minute to fix, but trying to figure out where the fuse box was took longer than it should have...hpefully ford will figure out the the bronco and the bronco sport aren't the same vehicle and give the bronco a corrected owners manual.
so mine has done this, it’s been out for about a week now. Dealer said it’s my audio control module (I think). Unfortunately, you get get those real easy now. So I’m 💯 going to try what you did and see what happens.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had this happen a few times and pulled the + battery terminal off for 10 min. Reconnect, GTG. Not sure if this is software, network or a problem from OTA update that didn't load correctly.

OP
OP
CORick

CORick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so mine has done this, it’s been out for about a week now. Dealer said it’s my audio control module (I think). Unfortunately, you get get those real easy now. So I’m 💯 going to try what you did and see what happens.
Good luck! panel under the steering wheel is snug...but it does hinge down...hopefully it fixes you...I haven't had the problem since then. At least this let's you stay out of the dealer.....but seriously looking at my fordpoints to buy the extended warranty.

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck! panel under the steering wheel is snug...but it does hinge down...hopefully it fixes you...I haven't had the problem since then. At least this let's you stay out of the dealer.....but seriously looking at my fordpoints to buy the extended warranty.
Did you use a new fuse or just pull the fuse out?

Also, when you say you cycled the accessory power, does that mean you had the fuse out, pressed the ignition (but not fully started the engine) and while everything was powered up you put the fuse back in? Or did you turn everything back off before you replaced the fuse?

I know I'm probably being too specific but I wanted to be thorough.

OP
OP
CORick

CORick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you use a new fuse or just pull the fuse out?

Also, when you say you cycled the accessory power, does that mean you had the fuse out, pressed the ignition (but not fully started the engine) and while everything was powered up you put the fuse back in? Or did you turn everything back off before you replaced the fuse?

I know I'm probably being too specific but I wanted to be thorough.
Yes, pulled the fuse and put it back in. I did examine it to make sure it wasn't blown, but just plugged it back in correct on the accessory power. turned it on, wiated turned it back off...plugged it in, tested, worked, closed the panel

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Part of owning a Ford is learning where the Sync fuse is, and remembering where it was next time you have to pull it.

Sponsored

Kcmiller

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Part of owning a Ford is learning where the Sync fuse is, and remembering where it was next time you have to pull it.
I am having the same issue but I thought the fuse was under the hood, behind the battery (based on the manual). I found what I thought was the right fuse and pulled it out, looked fine, so I replaced it. Still have a black screen. Also, I disconnected my battery but only for about 10 seconds. Maybe I'll try again and leave it disconnected for 10 mins +.

OP
OP
CORick

CORick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am having the same issue but I thought the fuse was under the hood, behind the battery (based on the manual). I found what I thought was the right fuse and pulled it out, looked fine, so I replaced it. Still have a black screen. Also, I disconnected my battery but only for about 10 seconds. Maybe I'll try again and leave it disconnected for 10 mins +.
If you disconnected the battery, you basically did the same thing as removing the fuse....except...you removed every fuse in the car. The under hood battery compartment is for engine functions. the fuse box you are looking for is under the steering wheel on the left side. That is for the interior fuses. You should try what I outlined above just on the off chance you do have a blown fuse (remember to inspect it carefully)...or if just removing it could help (not sure why it would, but it's easy to do)...anything to keep you out of the dealer...but if you disconnected the battery with no result, I suspect you have a different problem.

Kcmiller

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you disconnected the battery, you basically did the same thing as removing the fuse....except...you removed every fuse in the car. The under hood battery compartment is for engine functions. the fuse box you are looking for is under the steering wheel on the left side. That is for the interior fuses. You should try what I outlined above just on the off chance you do have a blown fuse (remember to inspect it carefully)...or if just removing it could help (not sure why it would, but it's easy to do)...anything to keep you out of the dealer...but if you disconnected the battery with no result, I suspect you have a different problem.
Oddly, this morning everything was working again. Not sure what the issue was, but all good for now. Thx for your help!

OP
OP
CORick

CORick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oddly, this morning everything was working again. Not sure what the issue was, but all good for now. Thx for your help!
gotta love it when it fixes itself...which SW sometimes does...if it's a SW issue and not electrical. Good luck!

Kcmiller

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
gotta love it when it fixes itself...which SW sometimes does...if it's a SW issue and not electrical. Good luck!
Stopped working again. When it came back on last time, I did a master reset. Also, there was a note on the screen that a recent update didn't complete correctly. Today, the screen is black again and won't come on. Tried disconnecting the battery for 30 mins, but no luck.
Sponsored