M4Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bought my bronco a few weeks ago and loving it but have had a few bumps with the dealer. The dealer installed options were not installed when I drove it off the lot so I had to go back and have them installed (console safe along with tailgate table). When I picked it up, we started reviewing the work and noticed the safe was not drilled down, so you could lift the safe top out of the vehicle. The dealer tried to tell me that was the way it was supposed to be and I quickly pulled up a YouTube video and we watched it. The dealer called the mechanic, who was at lunch, and asked if they had the extra screws, and they said yes. I had to wait an hour for the mechanic to come back from lunch to get it fixed. Everything was all good and I happily drove off.

I did check out the tailgate and it worked great, but what I did not do was examine the outside of the vehicle. Why would I? (Because this issue was prevalent in the forum in 2021 and 2022 and I havenā€™t gone back that far to read postsšŸ˜‚). Well a few days later I noticed a bump and cracked paint on my tailgate and was bummed I got my first nick on the street and not off-roading. Ran a bunch of possibilities through my head of what could have happened. Did a quick search on the internet and I found numerous identical pictures of the same bump. Ugh, mechanic didnā€™t use the drill stop when they were installing the table and went all the way through. There were a lot of posts about this a few years ago. I called the dealer and they found more issues behind the wheel so they are ordering a new table and doing the body work (3-4 days without my Bronco šŸ˜­).

Long story to get to what I want to say, so thankful for all the knowledge, videos, picturesā€¦ you share and are collected in this forum. great tool for issues, fixes and fun mods! And also, double check the outside of the tailgate if your having the table installedšŸ‘

IMG_2015.jpeg
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The guy that did that knew full well what he did and just let it go hoping no one would notice. What a piece of garbage!

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The guy that did that knew full well what he did and just let it go hoping no one would notice. What a piece of garbage!
This right here. If he had left over screws he didn't follow the instructions when installing the console safe, and when he opened the tailgate table he should've seen the bit stop. Failing to use it is on the dealer.

OP
OP

M4Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for getting me to the anger stage quicker lol. I was in the ā€œI just want my car fixedā€ phase. They just called and said they want me to drop it off for 1 1/2 weeks for the body repair. They also graciously said they would give me a KIA sedan rental. Nothing against a Kia Sedan but I just bought a Wildtrack, spring break is next week and had plans for mod and tripsšŸ¤Æ Iā€™m def starting to get upset and doubting if I should even trust them on the repair.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

off for 1 1/2 weeks for the body repair.
What I would do -

Tell them you canā€™t bring it in until May for ā€¦ reasons. But I would make them fix it - odds are they will send it out to a third party body shop, most dealers donā€™t do body work in house.

Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sucks to hear but from what youā€™ve said it seems like the dealer at least seems reasonable. They are fixing the items without much pushback and offering a rental as well. Sounds like the mechanic is lazy and is the problem here. Hope they make it right!

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bought my bronco a few weeks ago and loving it but have had a few bumps with the dealer. The dealer installed options were not installed when I drove it off the lot so I had to go back and have them installed (console safe along with tailgate table). When I picked it up, we started reviewing the work and noticed the safe was not drilled down, so you could lift the safe top out of the vehicle. The dealer tried to tell me that was the way it was supposed to be and I quickly pulled up a YouTube video and we watched it. The dealer called the mechanic, who was at lunch, and asked if they had the extra screws, and they said yes. I had to wait an hour for the mechanic to come back from lunch to get it fixed. Everything was all good and I happily drove off.

I did check out the tailgate and it worked great, but what I did not do was examine the outside of the vehicle. Why would I? (Because this issue was prevalent in the forum in 2021 and 2022 and I havenā€™t gone back that far to read postsšŸ˜‚). Well a few days later I noticed a bump and cracked paint on my tailgate and was bummed I got my first nick on the street and not off-roading. Ran a bunch of possibilities through my head of what could have happened. Did a quick search on the internet and I found numerous identical pictures of the same bump. Ugh, mechanic didnā€™t use the drill stop when they were installing the table and went all the way through. There were a lot of posts about this a few years ago. I called the dealer and they found more issues behind the wheel so they are ordering a new table and doing the body work (3-4 days without my Bronco šŸ˜­).

Long story to get to what I want to say, so thankful for all the knowledge, videos, picturesā€¦ you share and are collected in this forum. great tool for issues, fixes and fun mods! And also, double check the outside of the tailgate if your having the table installedšŸ‘

Ford Bronco Tailgate Table and Console Safe - Dealer install gone wrong IMG_2015
Amateur installer. i did it myself and knew how to avoid that.

OP
OP

M4Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sucks to hear but from what youā€™ve said it seems like the dealer at least seems reasonable. They are fixing the items without much pushback and offering a rental as well. Sounds like the mechanic is lazy and is the problem here. Hope they make it right!
Thanks, yah I agree! The dealer not fixing their mistake would have been even worse for sure. I think itā€™s the dishonesty and not acknowledging or apologizing the error that upsets me. The only person I have had communication with is the service scheduler. No one has called to apologize or come up to me and let me know what steps they would take in the future for it to not to happen again. Just drop off, pickup, drop off, pickupā€¦. I think it would have gone a long way with me to trust them to take my Bronco for a 3rd time to repair. Iā€™m going to take it to a sister dealership who works on my Mustang and hopefully be driving it soon.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks, yah I agree! The dealer not fixing their mistake would have been even worse for sure. I think itā€™s the dishonesty and not acknowledging or apologizing the error that upsets me. The only person I have had communication with is the service scheduler. No one has called to apologize or come up to me and let me know what steps they would take in the future for it to not to happen again. Just drop off, pickup, drop off, pickupā€¦. I think it would have gone a long way with me to trust them to take my Bronco for a 3rd time to repair. Iā€™m going to take it to a sister dealership who works on my Mustang and hopefully be driving it soon.
Yeah I agree 100%. Lack of acknowledgement and communication is frustrating. I made that clear with my dealer from the moment I put my deposit down. Their general manager and service advisor have been great but Iā€™ve had less than stellar interactions with some others. I told them I donā€™t want to be just a number and I embrace ā€œold schoolā€ local relationships with businesses. So far itā€™s worked. Good luck with the other dealership!

Coralhead

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does the safe cover up the Key Fob docking area? Maybe why the screws were left out.

Sponsored

dman3540

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 4-door Non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Tailgate Table and Console Safe - Dealer install gone wrong IMG_2015
I also got the safe as part of my Bronco purchase. I opted for the rear mounted safe but have not gone in for the install yet. Which dealership should I stay away from here, as I am also in Ca.
TIA!

Red Sox 4Life

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette, Lexus GS350, Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for getting me to the anger stage quicker lol. I was in the ā€œI just want my car fixedā€ phase. They just called and said they want me to drop it off for 1 1/2 weeks for the body repair. They also graciously said they would give me a KIA sedan rental. Nothing against a Kia Sedan but I just bought a Wildtrack, spring break is next week and had plans for mod and tripsšŸ¤Æ Iā€™m def starting to get upset and doubting if I should even trust them on the repair.
Don't feel bad, when I had a first year 2014 Corvette C7, I took it in for an oil overflow issue and what did I get for a loaner you ask? A Chevy Cruze!!! Yes, I was slightly pissed. Audi on the other hand, as well as Lexus, always gave me an equal or BETTER loaner.

OP
OP

M4Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I also got the safe as part of my Bronco purchase. I opted for the rear mounted safe but have not gone in for the install yet. Which dealership should I stay away from here, as I am also in Ca.
TIA!
Aaron Ford of Escondido did the mistake on the install. I talked to Aaron Ford of Poway, who has done excellent work for my Mustang for 3 years. In less than a minute, the Poway shop said everything I needed to hear - this shouldnā€™t have happened and not to worry, we will make it right. Iā€™m dropping it off on Monday and I am hopeful they can get the table mounted correctly and body work fixed.

OP
OP

M4Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't feel bad, when I had a first year 2014 Corvette C7, I took it in for an oil overflow issue and what did I get for a loaner you ask? A Chevy Cruze!!! Yes, I was slightly pissed. Audi on the other hand, as well as Lexus, always gave me an equal or BETTER loaner.
šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ Right! I mean it wouldnā€™t have been so bad if I had had the Bronco a while longer but I was only a week in and still riding the high of my new Bronco. I left this out because my story was long, they had just got the sedan back that morning and didnā€™t have time to clean it. The car was covered in bird crap and dirt and they asked if I could run it through the wash they use down the street for them. Yes, I also cleaned the car for them šŸ™„
Sponsored