Sponsored

Talk about Bronco price gouging 😱 [Update: vehicle is demo unit not for sale yet]

Status
Not open for further replies.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah, I wish that was a reality! It’s not the 60-70-80-90’s anymore. People can’t save money to put down 20%. You know how long it would take to save 66K for a 330K house (WHICH IS CHEAP IN COLORADO) when you’re living in an apartment but rent is $1,400 a month and that’s considered affordable? Lol it’s stupid especially when that 330K house was 150K, ten years earlier.
You will do just fine, the first one is the hardest, if and when you want to move your equity should be enough to no longer need PMI. I only had it on my first house, but it does depend on the market you live in.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Blue window sticker so not a reservation holder. Not sure if this is a mannequin or not.

Attachments

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is price protection. They may have taken over an order a customer didn’t want and it’s theirs to do what they want with it.

Sponsored

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Bill Knight Ford in Tulsa does the same. They added $15k to a GT500. I'm no fan of Dealers, BUT they are hurting financially right now with limited vehicles to sell. Gotta keep the lights on.
SlgAFzq.jpg
I guaranty you no dealer is hurting. Bill has money for a new building, he ain't hurting.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There is price protection. They may have taken over an order a customer didn’t want and it’s theirs to do what they want with it.
This is a blue sticker vehicle, so not a special order (reservation holder).

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will do just fine, the first one is the hardest, if and when you want to move your equity should be enough to no longer need PMI. I only had it on my first house, but it does depend on the market you live in.
Yeah we already have enough equity to remove it here so we will be more than fine moving forward. I had saved like 15K and when I went and started looking I realized we were not even close to 20% on anything! It’s just crazy because it’s not like get a normal job, save 10-20K and buy a house. 20% nowadays on average homes in Colorado is 100K. Who the hell can save 100K in any reasonable time in their early 20’s to buy a home?

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The added price doesn't bother me, but I would like to know the story on how the dealer got a vehicle to sell this soon.
probably by screwing me on my Day 1, 9pm res and using it to fill their stock. I have a 2dr, VB BD with 2.7 on order. Not a peep on build date and when I asked for proof of my priority they get all nervous and then don’t respond to me. I just get this sinking feeling I’m being played.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is a blue sticker vehicle, so not a special order (reservation holder).
Either way, reservation holders have a fixed price. If you ordered a bronco, whatever price you were told is the price you pay. Not a single person who has taken delivery of their Broncos have complained about a $20,000 markup.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Blue window sticker so not a reservation holder. Not sure if this is a mannequin or not.
For those who have never been through the process:
Special Order/Reserved will get GREEN window stickers (even some who got theirs - theirs are green) like this:
Ford Bronco Talk about Bronco price gouging 😱 [Update: vehicle is demo unit not for sale yet] 1625191224311

Performance/Limited editions get red stickers:
Ford Bronco Talk about Bronco price gouging 😱 [Update: vehicle is demo unit not for sale yet] 1625191340547

Otherwise, its blue. At this point in time since its all early builds, blue means its most likely a mannequin/demo/media model as open retail builds have not started yet.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you miss my next post?

Stock. Units. Have. Not. Been. Built.

Yes, it will happen when customers walk. Yes, it has happened that bad shops ordered without the customer's consent.

However, the20% rule has NOT been relaxed and still has a direct impact on future Bronco allocations.

Dealers here and there will have units to sell to guys off the street at whatever ADM they want, but this is NOT because Ford has abandoned their plan to build customer units before stock. (And yes, that may still happen but only when there aren't buildable reserved units to fill excess capacity)
Okay, but the 80/20 rule gives dealers a lot of room. 20% of let's say 50,000 MY21 units is 10,000 potential units or roughly an average of 3 per dealer.

Question: I saw a copy here of a recent Ford communication offering dealers to take an additional softtop unit that they can sell. I can't find it now, but it seemed real. Was it? That is dealer stock. It's totally understandable if a certain % of production has to be softtops for a while and customers won't take them all, then dealers would take the residual.

I've also seen many posts here where dealers "mistakenly" placed the wrong order for the reservation holder and those people booked new reservations so they can wait and get what they want. Given all this, there will be a large number of Broncos available at dealers starting now and these will be highly visible because of the inevitable price gouges and fretful forum participants pointing out all the Broncos for sale while they wait.

Btw, mine is being built in a couple weeks and I'm ecstatic.

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Okay, but the 80/20 rule gives dealers a lot of room. 20% of let's say 50,000 MY21 units is 10,000 potential units or roughly an average of 3 per dealer.

Question: I saw a copy here of a recent Ford communication offering dealers to take an additional softtop unit that they can sell. I can't find it now, but it seemed real. Was it? That is dealer stock. It's totally understandable if a certain % of production has to be softtops for a while and customers won't take them all, then dealers would take the residual.

I've also seen many posts here where dealers "mistakenly" placed the wrong order for the reservation holder and those people booked new reservations so they can wait and get what they want. Given all this, there will be a large number of Broncos available at dealers starting now and these will be highly visible because of the inevitable price gouges and fretful forum participants pointing out all the Broncos for sale while they wait.

Btw, mine is being built in a couple weeks and I'm ecstatic.
First of all, congratulations! You're going to love it.

Ford has advised dealers that they will have the opportunity to place orders for lower trim, soft top units at some point in MY21 but there have been no specifics about ordering and impact on allocations. This will only happen if they run out of buildable units and need rigs to fill excess capacity.

The 80/20 rule does leave a lot of room, but I'm not sure it's worth anyone complaining about without a reasonable alternative.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.