Test driving 2-door Bronco today!! (Update: Sat in a real Bronco!! Test drive will come a little later)

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As the wait drags on, it will only get worse.

jmayeux999

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After reading all the posts yesterday, I decided to call my local Ford dealer to ask if they had any Bronco Sports on the lot. He got all excited and said they sure do, they even have one they can sell me today. I had to interrupt him to let him know I didn't want to buy one, I have a real Bronco reserved. I just wanted to see if they had the Area 51 color so I could see it in person. Turns out they had one that was being bought right then, so my wife and I jumped in the truck to go see it. The whole way there my wife is telling me she doesn't like that color and she thinks its girly. All I could do was try to convince her she is wrong and that a man can drive it also, blah blah blah. Well...we get there, and there it is, sitting in the front. We walk up to it and no lie, there is a little foo foo girl sitting in it looking in the mirror checking her make up. Not a tough, gun toting, camping liking, outdoorsy kind of girl. Nope - little girl foo foo. It turns out she just signed the papers and was about to drive off in it. Suddenly, Area 51 looked really girly. Ill never admit it to her, but my wife was right. :( Now I am back to looking at pictures of White Broncos.

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
After reading all the posts yesterday, I decided to call my local Ford dealer to ask if they had any Bronco Sports on the lot. He got all excited and said they sure do, they even have one they can sell me today. I had to interrupt him to let him know I didn't want to buy one, I have a real Bronco reserved. I just wanted to see if they had the Area 51 color so I could see it in person. Turns out they had one that was being bought right then, so my wife and I jumped in the truck to go see it. The whole way there my wife is telling me she doesn't like that color and she thinks its girly. All I could do was try to convince her she is wrong and that a man can drive it also, blah blah blah. Well...we get there, and there it is, sitting in the front. We walk up to it and no lie, there is a little foo foo girl sitting in it looking in the mirror checking her make up. Not a tough, gun toting, camping liking, outdoorsy kind of girl. Nope - little girl foo foo. It turns out she just signed the papers and was about to drive off in it. Suddenly, Area 51 looked really girly. Ill never admit it to her, but my wife was right. :( Now I am back to looking at pictures of White Broncos.
So what if you see Mary Poppins driving a white full sized Bronco? Are you just going to cancel your reservation? ?

jmayeux999

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So what if you see Mary Poppins driving a white full sized Bronco? Are you just going to cancel your reservation? ?
LOL, not sure what I would do. I think I am just going to bury my head in the sand and wait for the call that I can order. Then place the order and tell myself I cant change anything. LOL.

Seriously though, being a Bronco Sport may have contribute to the "girly" look. I personally am not a fan of them and think they look like a young girls car no matter what color it is. So, I may have to look at the Area 51 on a real bronco when the dealers start to get them for us to see. I wont be getting mine until later on (Late reservation and ordering several late availability items), so I will have time to change the color if needed.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the Bronco is anything like the Jeep you'll flip when you see the "girls" that end up driving a Bronco.

Who really cares what kind of person drives the same vehicle or same colour as them?

jmayeux999

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If the Bronco is anything like the Jeep you'll flip when you see the "girls" that end up driving a Bronco.

Who really cares what kind of person drives the same vehicle or same colour as them?
This is true. After I got my first Jeep, and all the other Jeep people were waving at me (and I at them) my wife would sometimes be like - "Whose that girl?". lol. I had to explain to her that its a Jeep thing, we all wave at each other. By the time we got the second Jeep she didn't care anymore.

Regarding the Area 51 being girly and all, it was probably mostly due to the Bronco Sport, since I don't like them as much, I am going to be biased no matter what the color is. I will make my final judgment when I see it on a real Bronco. My original post was just my poor attempt at being funny while conveying my opinion. Sometimes it works, sometimes it fails. lol. Oh well.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking to buy beachfront property in Arizona? Here is your contact. The not quite famous, but definitely infamous: Torre Lightsey. :)
Ford Bronco Test driving 2-door Bronco today!! (Update: Sat in a real Bronco!! Test drive will come a little later) 1609432877151

"It definitely has sand."

OP
OP
jrustyasl

jrustyasl

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle: Honda VTX 1300
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope you are changing dealerships.
Seriously thinking about it. The one in Plant City or in Bartow is looking good. I am on the fence honestly because this one is not far from where I live and I don’t want to go 30-45 min away just to get my oil change or anything like that done. I tell you what though if Torre calls me again or texts me again about another test drive I will move it to another dealership. The only way I will test drive it now is if Torre drives it to my house and I drive it around my neighborhood. That’s the least that could be done after that debacle!

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously thinking about it. The one in Plant City or in Bartow is looking good. I am on the fence honestly because this one is not far from where I live and I don’t want to go 30-45 min away just to get my oil change or anything like that done. I tell you what though if Torre calls me again or texts me again about another test drive I will move it to another dealership. The only way I will test drive it now is if Torre drives it to my house and I drive it around my neighborhood. That’s the least that could be done after that debacle!
All Ford dealerships will service your vehicle. You can buy further away and have it serviced near your house. The sales and service departments are different teams entirely and the service dept. doesn't care where you bought your vehicle.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about that big one in Brandon I think. They always had a row of hugely lifted new Superdutys. They’ll be lifting these Broncos sky high!

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All Ford dealerships will service your vehicle. You can buy further away and have it serviced near your house. The sales and service departments are different teams entirely and the service dept. doesn't care where you bought your vehicle.
When I moved from OH to FL, the service manager at the local Ford dealership gave me a hard time when I went in about a problem where my Fusion would go into limp mode (throttle body problem). He said I didn't get it at their dealership. I said, "Well I'm not driving 18 hours back to OH to get it serviced, so you either will take my business or I will find someone else local that will."

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife never called A51 girly. She did say that she thought AMB was “richer”, but “get whatever color you want.” I’m getting AMB ??